Sketchbook: the book of forgotten manifesto.... - Page 18

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks for dropping in man. glad to run into another old member. gonna try and hang around here for a bit longer!

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for post #486 and 496. oh, 507 ain't too shabby either. keep bangin'...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man thanks for visiting by sketchbook.

Like I said on my sb page, I seen your stuff a couple days ago and been meaning to post on it. Your structure is amazing even from the first couple posts back in 2005. You've mastered the illusion of drawing and everything you do seems like it is popping out of the page and I would be able to feel the contour of each character. Your forms are very fluid aswell as being very tightly rendered which I cannot do for shit and you can draw serious aswell as comical characters like the Inion Tummy guy which is realistically rendered but is very cartoony.

Available for freelance work Email Me | Sketchbook | Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys i really appreciate you all stopping in. You guys are the reason i joined this community 10 years ago and its been too long since i have been active on the forums. Im looking forward to sharing new works with you all. i got some exciting things in development right now. and in the coming months ill be posting all the development here.

Dome ross no need to thank me, thank you for posting and sharing your work. We are a community!

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,554 Times in 3,739 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Great to have to back Robert. And the cod piece in this one is great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BackToBeige(tm)! BrownBackOnBeige(tm)?.. ok I'll stop. I will post some stuff soon too. Not enough personal stuff lately just. Glad to be getting your sb updates in my inbox again ) More awesome coctail party aliens and sexy eyebrows dudes plz.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't seen your sketchbook until today. Awesome imagination! Thanks for sharing all the pencil creature creations! Added to the pencil masters thread!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    how you've been mate? good to see that you still around these parts. Lovin the new work, and btw i would take the kung-fu akuma over decapri any day =p

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for stopping ion guys.

Nim: thanks man yeah im trying to make an effort to be active online again. ill make sure to post more updates as they come. ill chat with you skype and hey i always enjoy new music for thanks for that band you sent me!

surus : thanks!

Callops i miss your voice. we need to vent chat again at some point. hop on skype sometime and catch me up on all that's happening i your neck of the woods!

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Alright time for another modeling project!

alright well in light of my ramping up for the production of my game i thought i would share the concept art for my next modeling project. Meet "Jig Jaw a powerful entity that came forth from the depths of the ocean to hunt and consume the souls of defeated warriors.

He is a relentless tyrant who springs forth to eviscerate the other contestants’ at any opportunity. His motives seem to be purely blood lust driven. Some say he is the weapon of a higher power unknown to the other fighters, but one thing that is certain is he is a dangerous and relentless in his pursuit of fresh souls.

Jag jaw appears as a mutated large muscular biped in a hood and cowl mostly hiding his true form. In his second tier form he appears as a large towering tyrant with split jaw and head with shark like features. In this form he has large squid like tentacles that spill down from the sides of his head and back wrapping around his upper torso. His right arm is a single massive hook shape braid of tentacles that changes from a grappling to a stabbing weapon at will."

Name:  JigJaw2.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  512.1 KB
    Name:  JigJaw3.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  800.2 KB

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    Chief Technology Officer of ConceptArt.org
    Latest Site News | Submit a bug/feature | Ask a question

Did you know?
    You can drag and drop your artwork into posts?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks dave.

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really cool. I see from your blog that you worked in the games industry for quite a while. Was that mostly as a character modeler, or did you get to work on everything (enviro, props, animation, etc)? Positive experience overall, or did it burn you out? Just curious.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Random sketch from last night.Name:  934f858f3804acf27e11cf2605e03314.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  410.0 KB

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright Monsters... i love them them you love them, and when we think of the most classic of monster in film history Godzilla is most likely at the top of that list. So with his recent re-hatching and total make over, I had to naturally make a tribute piece in his honor/her honor?
    Im happy with how this turned out and with all my project the acquisition is the real reward in the end.
    With this project i learned to sketch and block in mid tones in gray, but when adding color revert back to my original silhouette and drop its value to almost 90% black and then work my tones back up with color and light direction. I also used the base silhouette as overall color layer which really pushed the production forward to its finishing faze.

I also kept my colors desaturated and some what muted during the middle stages of production so that in the end i could add subtle areas of high saturation where i wanted to create focal points of interest.

It was a lot of fun working on this and i think i might do another tribute piece again someday.
    If you would like this piece for a wall print for your work space or home I'm selling the digital files with the original psd and all it layers as well as the final image with and with out text for $25.00 24/16" 300dpi
    Name:  godzilla_pt9.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  376.5 KB
    Name:  godzilla_pt8_1.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  367.3 KB
    Name:  WorkFlow_GodZillaBreakDown.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  1.38 MB

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Robert.B; May 25th, 2014 at 12:48 AM.
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by diamandis View Post
    Really cool. I see from your blog that you worked in the games industry for quite a while. Was that mostly as a character modeler, or did you get to work on everything (enviro, props, animation, etc)? Positive experience overall, or did it burn you out? Just curious.
    Its been about 10 years now, and i started doing small concept art favors and then got my first serious paying gig in 2004. Since then i have worked for publishers like EA day1studios,and a lot of other 3d party devs. Its been an amazing experience all its good and bad experiences. Im grateful i have been able to make living doing what i love. I now teach and freelance as mys second job.

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shit man! Your pieces are so dynamic! I love the perspective as well! I'd really like to see them a bit more finished though. Anywhoo, awesome stuff! Show us more!! haha

I am Othrandir and Othrandir means me.

E-MAIL : NICKOLAYORDANOV@GMAIL.COM

PORTFOLIO

Twitter

Tumblr

CGHub

DA

Sketchbook

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Members who have read this thread: 35