need some input
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: need some input

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

need some input

I'M SO SORRY FOR DOUBLE THREAD--my browser told me the page didnt load

hey, i havent started the main detailing yet, but i wanted opinions on a) the anatomy and muscular tension and b) the lighting/shadows on the character himself

a note** the muscles are supposed to be somewhat, er, deformed/larger but not in the natural kinda way im more looking to make sure i didnt do something stupid like leave out muscle groups.

Last edited by bobthedinosaur; June 29th, 2005 at 02:49 AM. Reason: i screwed up
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    update:

im sticking to that anatomical form, my biggest questions now are lighting and texture--goal being kinda disgusting/fleshy.

its really late.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do you have some body builder reference to look at? Because that's where I would go if I was doing this piece. It will help you add some realistic details, I think, and remind you of all the muscle groups.

I think I like the lighting better on the first one, because in the second pic it seems too bright--unless that's what you were going for, heh.

best!
    emily

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the input! sorry, i havent done a thing for the background, but he's going to be just outside of a darkened area with a high-intensity light source above to our right a little, so that's why he's so highly saturated in the light.. that and his palor isn't natural, per say.

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great chest and torso! Beautiful balance of size w/stylization.

The general comp looks off, though. Can't quite say why.
    Is there a background for this? If not, get rid of the foo-foo gradient BG, and just go to a mottled monotone. The BG color values are throwing the "weight" off, dragging the eye down and to the left, where nothing is happening.

The light source/shadow on his right breast is off for the lower left arm, and his head is too flat in the crown area. The right upper arm is too short (should be 1 1/2 head lengths).

It's a powerful start, though. I'm looking forward to seeing the details develop on this one!

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you for the critique! It is going to have a background, i dont know why i did the gradient crap. he's going to be outside in a somewhat urban setting with one a police helicopter light on him (i don't know if you've ever been painted by one of those things, but eessh, it's like the sun concentrated)---hence the super-saturated areas with light on them. There was a lighting issue... i have no clue why i put the shadows for his left arm like i did, the fist is supposed to be behind his head

things were going great, and then the computer crashed and i was stupid enough to not save for quite a while, so i'e kinda got things back to where they were now, with some fixes to anatomy and lighting. Shouldn't be too long before i feel good enough about it to post an update.

so im doing ok for not having a tablet yet?

Interceptor is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the lighting...
    The shading on his stomach though is a bit extreme. He looks kind of like a GI Joe figurine.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.