Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: monsters weekly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

monsters weekly.

something to fill in the time.

this is a plague zombie puker.
    their purpose in life is to spread their toxins and contagents to as many hosts as possible.
    Inhabiting mostly dank stagnent, swampy environments- their plague can also be spread via fly or mosquito larve, making their ark of infection very large.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey alti
    I like the design of the creature and especially the colours- the pinks have a way of making it look particularly putrescent.

His anatomy is interesting- I was going to say that his legs don't look like they'd really support his upper body weight and then I thought of so many middle aged men with big beer guts and skinny little legs. I'm sure you know the type...

The hands look a bit stumpy and not particularly functional. Also, with his arms the colour work is nice but not hugely descriptive. If you were gonna work this one a bit more it'd be good to see you come back in with the shadows and all...

Anyway, I like it...

Sydney artist Luke Marcatili

"Fear is the mindkiller..."
    - The Litany Against Fear

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good concept. I can envision this with flys and mosquitoes buzzing around.
    How do you plan to illustrate the puking pestilence part? Possibly more than one in the background demonstrating?

What is the purpose of the giant hands with the big white claws, if his function is to puke?

The face needs a LOT of detail, as he is a "Puker." You need to give the viewer an understanding of this creature's function. Since puke will be fairly easy to paint, the focus then shifts to his face. Where does the puke come from?
    Why is he bleeding from his eyes?
    Does he have a head, or is his face coming out of his chest, above his puke pouch belly?

I'd love to see this guy developed further, with a little more clarification of what he is, and more work on the illy to show us what he looks like. A zombie puker...Hell of an idea...Although I think I've been out with a few smaller versions on the weekends...LOL!

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

nice

I love this, but as said before, does he have use of the big arms? His legs are a bit small, and with big arms like that, thats a lot of strain on the knees. Very nice work
    Andrew

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it might look cool if you kinda hunched him over and had him walk on thoise big claws like a gorilla, then the small legs and oversized forearms would make sense. but i think its a really cool design, very sickly and gross

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.