War and employment

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

War and employment

With the beginning of war days away...oops I mean, hours.....crap! excuse me seconds away, will there be a point in looking for a job after graduation or should I just go straight to an art school to get a MFA and pray that I dont get drafted?!?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    holy shiz, i found someone who feels EXACTLY the same way that i do. it scares me to think about it. i am going to the local community college to ge basic credits, and they also have some general art credits there. but, commnuity college is college, so i can't get drafted if there is a draft. i am still at a loss at getting a job. i had an opputrunity to be a doorman at a dance club, and get 3 more bucks an hour than i do now, but it seems i have to keep my shitty job. i really dont know what to do for work, other than work part time. :mad:

Thanks
    .... Um...

Thanks
    don't get me wrong, though. I definitely think this country is worth fighting for....I just hope I won't have to. And I totally respect those who choose to do so.

Thanks
    artists can't get drafted were just that important!!:electric: :electric: :electric: :electric: :electric:

Perfect Kay

Thanks
    True....we're lovers not fighters...our hands were made for a higher purpose....

Thanks
    Think about what you just said... Don't worry your little heads, you wont get drafted, hence the rolling of eyes.

Now your saying that artists are some how more important than soldiers?....

Thanks
    no, but are you implying that soldiers are more important than artists?

Thanks
    You said "our hands were made for a higher purpose...." speaking of artists... So you cant answer with "no"

and I never said a thing about soldiers being more important

I unlike some people, consider their purpose equal.

I'm just urging you to think about what you say before you say it...
    As of now I consider you an elitist, because of your "artists have a higher purpose" bs.
    So please, if that's not what you meant... Explain the statement. or just let the subject die.

Thanks
    Hmm...

Well, if you ask me, the way things are looking in the war so far, I don't think anybody should be worried about a draft....

Also, if you are a college educated weakling artist-geek-nerd like myself, I imagine that the military will have many non-combat computer jobs for you complete with military-issue nerd glasses!

Worry not.

-S.A.M.

Thanks
    I'm an artist and pulled 14 years in the A.F.. I'm still in the Reserves and sweat everyday that I might be called up. I'm lucky so far. But I still have 3.5 years left. So who knows.

But The best thing I can tell you to do, from experience, is don't let it stop you from doing what you WANT to do. You have to press on with much more effort and vigor. If this is something that bothers you, then you have to treat your art career like you may never get to do it again. So put your heart into it and don't let it slow you down. It's a wonderful negative motivator. I know that sounds sort of S&M. but if youre serious, then you better get off of it, and get on with it!

As far as the draft! I don't think you'll have to worry about it at this point. THere are plenty of volunteers so far!!

Good luck. Believe in yourself and don't lose sight of your dream.

Mitch

There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Thanks
    your worried about the draft? that should be the least thing on your mind! lol

consdiering A: it would hurt Bush election like a mofo
    b: we have enough soldiers over there to bomb every rock and hole.

I say worry about the economy and your job since i work at the school I think i'm pretty much fresh meat to get booted (Consdiering the budget cuts for the kids n all)

and to think...everyone thought his first choice was education what a terrific $%&* plug in.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.