'practice makes good'

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

'practice makes good'

Hey guys,
    just a monster i doodled up, im trying to get the hang of this photoshoping.
    i zeroed in on the head and went at it for an hour or two, its not the greatest but lemme know what strikes at first glance. thanks :eat:

[IMG]'practice makes good'[/IMG]

K!erston
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

VERRRY COOL KEEP GOING GET THOSE TEXTURES IN THERE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking Wicked.

I like it so far. With his shape and lil' arms I can almost see him moving and swaying back and forth like a cobra.

keep going with it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very cool, nice opriginal idea....kinda reminds me of the opium smoking caterpiller guy in alice in wonderland

its a little hard to tell how the "torso" attaches tyo the rest of the body though. im too crap to actually make any suggestions on how you might fix that (if you think it needs fixing at all), but thats whats strikes me at first glance

actually, looking at it again, i think the twist between its head and the first pair of legs is kinda unnecessary.

Last edited by nil; August 25th, 2002 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ouch.

the price i pay to be original.

K!erston

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    didnt mean to sound scathing or anything, its a really nice design, that was just what struck me at first..anyways do some more work on it and post it! i wanna see this one finished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i wanted to pet it, but i know i shouldnt. it looks soft in a sick harmful way. like it wasnt really soft but rough. it reminded me of a baby mouse and the predator, better yet baby mice from whatever planet the predator is from.

the curving in the body is a little funny, but i like it. i worked with it in my head, it didnt really conflict. i pictured it spin its torso to move .. creepy

-killing.mice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really dig his face and the little creepy hands :devil1:. Lots of character and personality.

I have a couple of questions in my mind as I am looking at him. Where does this creature live and how does he move about? What is his temperment (aggressive, layback)? What does he eat (insect, roots, large prey?) and what eats him (any old injuries & how does he avoid them)?

All these things determines how he look.

He looks like a cool crawler to me by his face and body. The type that can crawl in tunnels under ground and also climb on trees like snakes. Hard to find and always in the dark. Makes very creepy sounds with his mouth and hands. He likes to sneak behind his prey's back.

His legs looks like a land animal, something designed to run in open space. Not for tight areas. Also not very quiet.

Horns are very prominate that it looks like it is used as a status symbol or to scare away preditors. Or for possibly as a weapon, but he need some neck muscles to back it up.

Personaly, I like the crawling creature direction and would probably change the leg and horns to better fit his needs.

I would love to see some profile view so I can get a better view of his body proportion and shape. The tube structure of the body is too consistant in cross-section tube shape that might benefit from variation.

well, that's my honest two cents and first impression. Hope it will help in refining your idea. Cool looking creature, keep up the good work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    chen all over with the great critiques, thanks alot, i get alot out of it, as im sure everyone else does too. a great addition to this forum!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha Ha what a creepy little dude. man i love it. he looks like he would be fun to model in 3d. He is killer on character. Like it was said before keep going on the texture. Around the eyes looks really good, i would continue that variation in color on the brow to his back those pit marks or what ever i like the way they look and would look nice continued over the rest of the creature. keep us posted on the progress.

"the earth speaks to all of us, and if you listen you can understand it."
    Uncle Pom

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.