Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: sly's hand:All Pics Banned by Photobucket, End of Sept, the ban is lifted... *Big DL*

Thanks

sly's hand:All Pics Banned by Photobucket, End of Sept, the ban is lifted... *Big DL*

This is my first post on a site I have grown to severly enjoy. At the cost of a small amount of sanity to stay up a little late I will proudly post my humble work. I welcome all critiques and look forward to a long stay at such an insperational and welcome change from the norm.
    [IMG]sly's hand:All Pics Banned by Photobucket, End of Sept, the ban is lifted... *Big DL*[/IMG]

Not just because batman just came out but because my friend has inspired me to draw more now than in a very long time.

[IMG]sly's hand:All Pics Banned by Photobucket, End of Sept, the ban is lifted... *Big DL*[/IMG]

Prisma color marker base that was done at 2 AM.. and edited a week later in photo shop.

sly's hand:All Pics Banned by Photobucket, End of Sept, the ban is lifted... *Big DL*

after a little color... my humble desktop

I will post more when I know I have time I welcome coments and again look forward to what you all have to say.

sly looking forward to posting more crap
    Last edited by sly's hand; September 12th, 2005 at 08:01 AM. Reason: *Update* Dislike of Photobucket
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,022 Posts
    I like the original marker version quite a bit. I like the colored edit of it somewhat less. I like the all digital piece not at all.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks

Thanks

I am quite proud of the prismacolor marker version before the colors. After color I wanted something that wouldnt blind me when I turn on my PC the mostly digital Piece is an unfinished sharpie picture that I wanted to see with some color and I like it more when it was undone. I have seen your work and I am very Impressed, I never had a chance to try out oil paint.

Thanks again, sly

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 469 Posts
    hi and welcome to the sketchbook section !!
    you'll have a blast !

i agree with elwell.

now, draw more and update

cheers!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks

The rest

Here we go lets get started.

Lets try to start at the top.

First thing I ever saved in photo shop

The second...

A smaller seiries to get myself broken in to digital mediums I like the eye and the lady.

After some advise I took the pose from an image of Falcoon, a very talented japanese artist who does the art for snk games, and decided to do dante. more than a few mistakes but I realised a few things and someone pointed out the arm closet to the viewer is the same width from sholder to hand... heh cant change it now

along similar lines...

I used another image from falcoon attemting to get better poses. I also learned the power of layers fun stuff for me but I never liked what came of it... still I did learn valuable information from it.... More fun

done before the falcoon manaquins

done after the shadow not as satisfied going to do more work later different picture.

I have no Idea just sorta happened hehe..

tryn stuff needed more Ideas and learning photoshop... Still dont know the ins and outs as much as I like.

look up similar reason

I like the red the green is ok and I like the blue's eye

While flawed it a large face I figured why the crap not. The glasses bugged me when I saw them after I made it unchangeable Im ok with that but I didnt have the time to make the image as clean as I wanted.

Had time to scan decieded to post... Man I love sharpies.

Similar deal I really like sharpies... did this on my lunch break.

New tablet tryn it out. It is really smooth...

I did not have time to clean up the lines in pencil but I like what I did when I used a newer process for the coloring and Its one of the few that I scaned made larger and colored. Then I did this to it... (look down)
    I like contrast as well

Wanted to try different colors with the newer process I used and this came out wierd... So I did stuff to it... (look down only slightly.. only slightly.)

Thanks

The Shadow Knows

Hi. This is Tim. Your art is terrible (hehehe) but not really.

Thanks
    Cool stuff. I especially like the last one you posted, its got a good feeling to it

I'd like to see you post some of your pencil/pen work though if you have a scanner. Maybe some from-life stuff.

Thanks

Small update...

New markers havn fun, nothin too serious

Small pencil sketch

And a prisma color marker piece I like.

Thanks for the comments: Aesir I will get to work And thanks again.
    And Tim I hate you too ... Kidding

Thanks

Pencil pen Prisma and sharpie... Especially prisma

This is going to be a hell of a dump lets hope it does not smell too bad

Now for some things that are newer including some studies with Prisma color markers that I have grown quite fond of. The french grey set is quite nice dont have the funds for more yet but I really like them.

quick stuff at work
    quick stuff at work... Again

Newer sketchbook that is rather accepting of markers. Man is it ever

from mabey a month or two ago including the one above it.

Series of red marker sketches one down to four.

two

three

eight... wait a sec oh never mind

I had a nice waitress coment on this one All I could think of was man I am glad she has no comparisons *** Thankyou If you can see this.

Just had fun doin it but I really screwed the face. ehh still like it.

These are the two set pictures are ones that I took more time than I can tecnically afford.

This one was fun and after being sleep deprived it came out better than I thought it would.

This is one of the peices that I didnt know where it was going or even what I was doin. It was finally done at two in the morning and after I woke up from the daze I looked down at the sketch book and probably crapped my pants. I know its flaws very well after looking at it next to the referene I hope yall can tell who it is it is my first attempt from a reference since I was in ninth grade.
    Done with prisma color french greys.

Ok that was a lot of crap sorry to 56k people out there. very sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Late I'm Late, No time to say goodbye, HELLO, I'm late I'm Late I'm LATE..
    White Rabbit...

sly

Thanks

God I like Prisma colors...

OI OI, Hey everyone that Might care I have a small update for ya.

Starting out is a few sketches from some references, That I do not particularly like.

While I dont like them very much I did get something from them.

Getting used to my prisma color markers I can only speculate how much longer they will last heh heh This one in particular was quite fast.

I did put some time into this one but not too terribly much 1 or 2 hours I like it but I messed up the foot and He might as well be a gorrilla but I like it.

Thats it for now so GO Sleep and be happy...

sly
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Its all fun and games Untill someone gets Hurt."
    -Pennywise-

Thanks
    hey slyhand

bitchin work , i especially like the last couple of images, watercolour is it?
    anyways cool stuff

Thanks

Thanks
    Your pencil and prismacolor work is going well. I dont know photoshop so I can't critique computer stuff except to say vaguely that I don't care for it. But I like the Tomb raider looking girl and the girl in glasses, very nice.
    Gilead Artist on Facebook and Twitter
    website

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast