Internships?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Internships?

Thanks

Internships?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post on but I figured it fit the category since its related to school.

I would like to know if anybody can recommend any internship opportunities within the New York City area or any abroad that might be worthwhile. I am a college graduate looking for a chance/escape/opportunity. Any help would be great!!! Thanks!!!

http://www.artboycat.com

Do you need a Web Designer? Contact me!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    My experience with internships has left me feeling they weren't worth bothering with, but the best listing I've come across to date has been internshipprograms.com, so give them a shot. Good luck.

Thanks
    If you are a graduate, odds are, you are no longer eligible to apply for an internship. Internships are a way for current students to get real world experience while in school. An apprenticeship (which doesn't exist in most trades) is on the job training for recent graduates and entry level types. If you don't have any work experience, and most recent graduates don't, you will have to find a way to get your foot in the door. Key thing to do is get to know the people who work on the inside of places you wish to find work at. HR is going to screen you out long before any art director will see your stuff. You have to get someone on the inside to vouch for you and your work. This is the best way into any job. Connections are what make or break people in this business.

Thanks
    It really depends on the field you're looking into. It's rather hard for a lot of artistic fields to get a paid internship OR one they actually get to do artwork in (as opposed to running for coffee or opening mail 9_9).

Try the New York Foundation for the Arts. Most of their listings are jobs, and usually for museum or gallery work, but you never know.

Thanks
    thanks for the replies...Ill look into the links you posted....its pretty hard out there, Im currently workin on some stuff to put together a portfolio with the intent of grabbing an audience rather then doing it for my sole pleasure, maybe this will help increase my chances of finding a job

http://www.artboycat.com

Do you need a Web Designer? Contact me!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.