howdy
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: howdy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

howdy

i'm new to this forum. i'm an art center drop out trying to figure out what to do with himself and here's some of my doodles. C&Cs welcome. 33/ghost79/fme1.jpg[/IMG]

OH YEAH! i'm a total 'tard and i have no idea how to make this look good.

Last edited by ghost79; June 24th, 2005 at 08:24 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What I see the most is the inconsistency. The guy in the tie & mask is very good but the car sucks big time compared to it. My suggestion is:if you want c&c that will help you, only post images that you are proud of and that you may want to rework on.

My ideas on the guy in tie is that the position and light are good but it needs to be refined. It looks a bit blury and the background looks doodled.

The sitting women are a good start but they are far from finished. I don't really understand what is behind them, standing people?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

haha- ok dude, thanks. i guess diversity equals inconsitency. i'm gonna go do some digital paintings of dwarves with giant axes rite now and then post them later to much applause i'm sure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha- ok dude, thanks. i guess diversity equals inconsitency. i'm gonna go do some digital paintings of dwarves with giant axes rite now and then post them later to much applause i'm sure.
    I take that to be sarcasm? I'm new here too and so it may not be my place to correct anyone, but I don't think it was the poster before you's intention to say anything bad about your work. She meant that each peace was compeltely different from one another making it difficult to decide what to critique and how to critique it, and so she gave you a thoughtful suggestion on how to make it work. It isn't the subject matter that she was criticizing, it was the presentation.

And on a side note - inconsistency means diversity by very definition, good or bad, it's inconsistent and diverse. I think it's a good thing and that you have a very wide range of styles presented here, something I could never do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually, I believe what they were saying is the the QUALITY of your work is inconsistant, which is a bad thing. It's great to do a wide variety of subjects like you did here, but you need to train yourself until the quality of your work is consistant. I agree with this comment, too. I see a lot of skill with the portrait sketches and the girl with the microphone, but the car is much more of a simple doodle than a quality sketch. Exactly as the poster before me said, it's all in your presentation of your work.

Also: I'm liking where the row of ladies is going, you should definately polish it up and post it again. As it stands now, it's more like a beginning to a more detailed painting, but I think it would look awesome finished. So many beautiful colors could be brought out in that.

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost79
    Dude, you don't even wanna take that attitude here...

The sad-eyed babe is okay for just a face. The background is crap, dropping down her right side like that. Gets you out of trying to render shoulders, I guess...

The water-stained red, white, and blue guy is lame from start to messy end. His left eyebrow/browbone sticks out so bad, I can understand why you tried to hide it by spilling water over it...Didn't work.
    His ear's too high, his head's too flat in the back. What were you trying to show us here? That your head anatomy really needs work???

Your car has terrible perspective, balance, and proportion. It leans to the right, the roof is uneven as hell, and the wheels aren't even both on the ground! The fact that it looks like you spilled your tea on it certainly does NOT add to any air of "professionalism" you might be trying to display here...

Mr. Lucha Libre is not bad, but, since you didn't bother with any kind of background, the piece is real static and flat.

The women in the marketplace look like a study from Natl. Geo, and the facial features are real squat and unfinished looking.

The kid singing has a too sharp background, his lower arms are too long, his hand around the microphone is a total cop out on not being able to draw hands, and his oh-too-cute pink sneakered foot is about 4-6" too short.

The guy from that stupid TV show is another example of some weird dark black lines totally occupying the right side of his body...at least in this piece, there is a possibility that they are part of the jacket he is wearing. But, since the piece is unfinished (like everything else posted), the skill/creativity level is hard to judge. It simply looks half-assed done.

So, okay, Ace. You think that "diversity" of bad art equates to non-acceptance, and that you can even render a passable giant axe (and I'm not even counting on a decent rough of a dwarf, I doubt you know the correct anatomical proportions...)to "much applause?" Go for it!

Put up, or shut up, Binky. You have the nerve to post a bunch of unfinished "doodles," with the ubiquitous "C&C Welcome," and then get a case of the ass when your stuff isn't worshipped with a chorus of angels???

Get over yourself.

I've now detailed just some of the most glaring omissions in your post. Quit while you are ahead with the snotty attitude, and take the Criticism that is part of that C&C to heart, and go draw some more...

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.