quick illustration

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

quick illustration

hi. i've been on this site for like a week. ive posted in the photography section titled "apples". this is my first illustration post. this was done on photoshop real quick...like half hour completed...i have the drawing and then the colored on underneath. what do you think?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I suggest more line variation in the drawing and more darks in the color. It's a good exercise if anything and I like the scribbly, fast style of the drawing.

Put up some more...

J. Christopher Schmidt
    Comic Book Artist / Illustrator
    www.artisticschmidt.net

Thanks
    This looks nice but it doesn't belong in "It's Finally Finished!" - >>Art in this forum should be finalized and well presented. NO doodles or quick sketches<<

The Daily Sketch group is awesome if you're looking for feedback on your sketches.

I like the confidence of the lines around the lips and cheeks. The hair and forehead seem a bit lost by comparison, though. Instead of looking intentionally rough it looks sort of rushed.

Thanks
    I think you some what killed it with color, I like the black and white line drawing over the colored version.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitherines
    I think you some what killed it with color, I like the black and white line drawing over the colored version.
    Exactly, the b+w version, looks like a finished b+w illustration, the colours are too blended for the linework, needs to be sharp edgier and maybe even textured in some way.

Also where its cropped is a bit unfortunate, the left white space should be smaller than the right, so as the face is pointing towards the middle, the way it is now, its hard to make an emotional contact with the guy, as if he is avoiding eye contact if you know what I mean.

As for speed I would suggestion not mentioning speed around here (a stylistic gesture for some reason here can't be a finished peice)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.