Maggot Man!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Maggot Man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Maggot Man!

Just finished this 1, NOW! feed me your thoughts! Post or i shall smite the with a very large blunt object, and blowest thy head deep into the gritty dirt.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

stoph is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the saturation! it buuuurrrrrnnnns! the skin doesnt look like its being eaten away, nor that it has any depth (sorta like its paper). ever gotten one of those cars that changes colour depending on temperature? its sorta like that - certain ares have been put in hot water and its changed into a lovely maggot themed paintjob. it needs depth.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm a little suspicious...

I noticed all the pores in the mans face. Is that composited from a photgraph? The eyes look painted, but the flesh looks compiled and put through a filter.

If not, then great job! Please forgive my suspicion if I jumped the gun. This would be a vast improvement from your earlier work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no, but part of it was rendered in a 3d program, with skin textures, thus explaining the pores

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with the saturation comments - not everything has to be a bright burning red.....try playing with the colors of the face a bit. Try adding in some cool colors to balance things out a bit here and there. The maggots need to *feel* slimier and more disgusting...give them more thickness and depth. The eye immediatly draws my attention because the shape is off and it's looking directly at the viewer - it's not working well because it feels like a card board cutout of an eye stuck on the picture. The eye is the focal point - make sure it reads as a 3D mass sitting in it's socket.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ty alot for the comments, they help alot, this was a bit of a rushed project because it had a specific date 2 be done, and the maggots really suck...but ill definintaly try out all your suggestions, rework it, add an enviroment to give it some depth and repost sometime...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Go to a fishing/camping store and buy yourself some maggots. Theyre cheap. Stick them on a orange or apple and you'll get an idea what it'd look like.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey CE - I've done a small bit of painting and color/saturation adjustment to your gruesome image feeling it may be a little more explanatory than a written crit.

The main point of the additional painting is that I think you were too attached to the original 3d rendering, and too careful about the precision of details (wriggly maggots, etc.) and that loosening up would help alot.

Anyway - if you have any questions...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerD
    Is that composited from a photgraph? The eyes look painted, but the flesh looks compiled and put through a filter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Eidolon
    no, but part of it was rendered in a 3d program, with skin textures, thus explaining the pores
    I don't buy it. That is clearly a photo. But hey, all you have to do is post the 3D render and I will offer my humble apologies. But until then...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Look at the shirt, hair and eyebrows. They aren't 3D, and they certainly aren't painted. It's not like it's a crime to paint over a photo of yourself. Why lie about it?

Last edited by Orcatraz; June 25th, 2005 at 02:24 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.