Sketchbook: Min's Sketchbook (23/07/2011, pg.130)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 119 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Min's Sketchbook (23/07/2011, pg.130)

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Min's Sketchbook (23/07/2011, pg.130)

Site hacked and I've lost lots of images that was linked here.. so sadly it will take sometime before I can put them back up...

Hi!

I am pretty new here, wish I had joined up earlier.
    Recent sketches, I am studying anatomy and trying to develop my style at the moment. Things to do list seems to grow daily, especially after looking this forum. So many talented artists!.

Feel free to make crits and comments, if you want to make any corrections you are more than welcome to do so.

cheers,

Min

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1P...ut=list&num=50

BRUSHES... should have uploaded on google docs ages ago but only found out today..eeeek..

mix of jaime jones, whit, m@ and mine.....

eyeball, I think I got carried away a little..

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bumskee; July 23rd, 2011 at 01:30 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *is envious*

I'm not even close to being near anywhere remotely within sight of your skill level, but from where I'm at it looks awesome.

Congratulations, you have a fanboy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good thumbs, word on the street is the key to getting the movement and emotion out if through doing a lot of thumbs. Heads are looking good, very good perspective study you've got going on. I can just imagine these faces and characters fully finished in environments and with things going on, looks good in my head!

Personally, I think the biggest suggestion you'll hear is to not worry about or concentrate on your style, but rather to just draw how you draw and get your anatomy and foundation skills down first, then the style just seems to appear one day and you roll with it.

These quick grayscales are looking good, have you worked with any color?

Keep the posts rolling and thanks for dropping by my sketchbook!

Ian

Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Masmak, cheers mate. Good to see a fellow Aussie here. A bit chilly in sydney though and thanks for the mega compliment though i don't deserve it.

IanE, I been looking at your progress, solid solid. Did I mention you have patience!. good thing and thanks for the advice, and yes your are right about styles. I have worked with colours, but me being cursed with it have dropped it, also I want to build more foundation with anatomy, perspective and form. Only using black just get the forms is good I think, but I have a feeling it will somehow effect when I get onto colour, but for now just getting values right is hard enough.

These are pretty much my last colour stuff, occassionally made colour stuff but hardly since I got really down to anatomy and figure. some stuff from daily sketch group at cgtalk.com.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these look good!
    you should spend more time on the pencil sketch - it alwais comes first - and the PS...

cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice heads, and the little figure studies are pretty good, too. Keep posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very very very nice, everythings so nice and clean I am subscribing to this for sure I want to see more, MORE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice portrait - you're right, she looks too old for 9. The easiest fix I can think of is make sure the facial features are close together while keeping the eyes large. Children's faces don't elongate until puberty. Can't help more than that with no ref. Kewl tinies!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fellah, thanks well, I am trying to limit myself to look at your thread once a week. so I don't spend too much doing other stuff, concentrate concentrate! thanks

Vigo, bah bones.. I can't even remember what they look like now. .. I was suppose to attach the muscles but that little girl... yeah I sort of figured what the prob was, I draw things slightly stretched...I am going to go again this weekend, I have the ref photo at home, so I will post that later. Thanks for the support.

Sems, how is newcastle weather?.. thanks for the kind words.

Teigrob, Geeze... seems like you knew already.. I was discussing these with my art director and I sort of told him and he sort of told, but ended up agreeing on exactly what you suggested. Will post ref soon..thanks

more stick figure.. and a close up, I just doodle in A3 size canvas in PS and fill up the space.. that way I don't have to scan or take photos...

Last edited by bumskee; July 5th, 2005 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

weather

its newcastle weather for you, always unpredictable

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, dude,... looking good again... are you drawing by way of tablet? I would suggest you try and sit outside and draw people... try not to worry to much about muscles and stuff like that... gestures and quick drawing has really helped me in the past week or two... I see that in some of your poses they look a lil stiff sometimes.... If you look at milligans work he has a very quick looking style.. never worrying much about muscle structure as opposed to getting the feel a motion (which is the hardest thing to do in the drawing word) thats why artists like frazetta were so admired.... Keep up the good work though... try and vary things up a bit...

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awsome anatomy work... im working on doing those but i dont have any to show on the site.. i have had my tablet for a short while now.. how long did it take you to get good at using that smoothly?. keep up the great work. love it all
    Hexen

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Always feel awkward posting in a thread when I don't have a constructive crit. or a question... but... had to say I love your sketchbook. The thumbnails you do are awesome in that they are very expressive yet simple.

Love to see the updates you post.

--marie--

Don't forget to read the stickied FAQ's before posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, great book with awesome gesture pages!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nicrad, yeah the contrast is annoying partly because I work on a LCD and the colours.. dark colours are a bit patchy.. better play with some setting and colour profiles.. I am not really planning this one, just going to see where it takes me. Thanks for the kind words!!

Fellah, hehe, yeah the bone is way too straight.. but it's a second sketch, I think the composition is way too boring for my taste.. I probably do fewmore sketches and stuff.. need to draw more skeletons too. Yeah the other hand I haven't got around to it yet.. Next time I post that it will be finished piece. Thanks!

loomer, you know I wanted to use less lines..but I think I stuffed up with that stupid water colour brush.. looked alright before I slept but looks a bit off now..... hmm and they are all in one layer so..hehe..
    YEAH!? I am not a drinker so one or two is enough for me.. hehe.. Damn I wish I was over there...it would be so much fun.. oh oh and I am going to put some water under the skeleton and have a kid walking through it.. thanks for the idea.. awsome

Teigrob, Thanks for the nice compliment!! heheh, knife? awsome..

Hexen, thanks mate, I guess depends on how much you use it.. me a LOT..

Marie, thanks.. do you go to wetcanvas.com?

tokidokizenzen, thanks!!

finally brought my sketch book, it's A2.. so... kinda annoying in a way..

and just doodling with PS,

back to skeletons and that bad hair day dude!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi great sketch thread you have here. Been meaning to reply for a while....
    I like how you do your stuff especially all the anatomy thumbnails. No crits, but how about seeing some different conceptual material ? Look forward to an update.

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Min- dude... these are looking phenominal.. grat progress... love the life drawings... your getting the hang of it very quickly.... you see the way you draw the figures with the life drawing.. you should take that same technic and apply it when drawing other creative characters... No crits this time around.. only praise!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Crazy Hair Rocks. I'm enjoying your sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like your figures...especially the poses from the backside! keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bumskeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    - sweet life drawings. Stuff reminds me slightly of Greuze, but maybe it's because I was looking at his book recently. (old french draftman)
    How long are most of those poses? They look pretty short..I'm guessng 15-20min? Anyways..really nice.

The PS doodles are cool too...my doodles are so sloppy - yours are so clear and concise. Whatthefuck is wrong with me, huh?! WHAT?! This T-dome has made me mad...i'm a loony now. Just call me loooner.

Now that I have wasted space in your sketchbook saying nothing constructive at all..I will end ...Can't wait to see that giant skeleton thingy done!

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy crap, amazing stuff ya got here! I never really got to see alot of your work besides the ones in that painting thread over in the tutorial forum (which I need to start participating in again), but wow you are extremely talented! I love all the faces you've done, they all show such great emotion. anyway, keep up the great work!

/cheer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff! love the pencil