Sketchbook: Min's Sketchbook (23/07/2011, pg.130) - Page 9
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 9 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Min's Sketchbook (23/07/2011, pg.130)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just bumping ya Great attitude piece dude!

Page 5

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there he goes!! u up and away.. damb min.. your updates are pure hotness... glad things are going in the right direction for you!!! everything your doing now is looking so much tighter then before.. great progression!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡bones‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Great composition on the last 2 pics ‡ thanks for the lift

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Odds, thanks dude. yeah I really need to study hand/feet.. better get cracking at it. cheers dude.

omni1, thanks dude..

clogik, thanks, will do!

Hayabusa, thanks man.

Marie, I am a lost cause so that's ok. hehe thanks heaps for the compliment and i will probably do more black and white till I am quite confident with the rest of the figure..

Fellah, hey, thanks for the bump 5th page.. yay.. I am going to aim for 20 like your first SB.. long long long way to go..how the hell did you manage 20 anyway?

vigostar, thanks for the constant support dude! gets me going.

mentler, thanks

OK thing I did today. humm.. well if you have noticed I am slowly introducing other bits of the body.. hopefully I will reach the legs soon, going to try and render some more tighter onesof the upper body.. Also make some good hand studies too..hopefully it's not too diastrous.. crits and comments most welcome..

a boring chick.. felt like I was doing too many guys..

man or a woman.. looks like a man with boobs... thought I post it anyway I kinda like the hand but..yeah..

slight variation in face expression?

this started as the dude on the bottom right, but grew out a bit.. then I wanted to see if I could put in multiple faces and make it believeable.. trying to match lighting was the hardest I think.. the whole scene is kinda wobbly, i think I will try and draw at least two faces in a scene from now on.. just so that I can pratice drawing something in respect to something.. (am I making sense??)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

‡‡‡‡‡ More of Them Bones ‡‡‡‡‡

Like the expression and body language of these figures!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bring on the ladies....
    Yeah...bring those full--body shots, hands , multi-figure compositions..whatever you feel you aren't doing..do it!

I agree with mentler...nice expressions all around.

What do you do at the ad agency?

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow.. that four character scene is great Min.... you shuold read the JTJ Vs. Marko thread... they gave some great crits towards the artwork that JTJ and Marko produced.. Even though many thought Marko was exceptionally good.. Someone gave some really good crits as to how to make the drawing more believable... check out it.. it makes sense,..

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lookin good mate !!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice, bumskee! Dang, I should do more compositions! Keep an eye on volume though - the first guy of the comp looks a little too skinny. Maybe because he's flat (no shadows) in the jacket. Great stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, your thread is a real gem. I love the life studies the most. Looks like you, Form and Rod have quite the alliance goin' there! Wish I was an Aussie so I could tag along, f'real! Keep 'em comin'. You're inspiring me, man! I've gotta get some drawing outta my blood somethin' quick! Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet life sketches and B/W work!! You should post a completed character piece...youve got some nice concepts going.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, I don't think I've seen most of this. Great stuff happening in here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe yeah i like the hand too dosnt matter if its a man or woman - it still looks great man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your stuff so much! And those last two are great, great expressions and body language, you pulled off that 3 person scene really well. It seems like you paint the noses on a lot of your characters dark though... like they have sunburned noses That's the only crit I can give (if you can call it that). I think my favorite stuff is on your first page, the few pages you have with the tons of figure gestures, those are sweeeet! Especially that one of your routine in the morning... that's awesome in all its simplicity. We want more!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your faces are improving man, i really like these last few digitals...are you using a normal round brushin them? nice hospital ones too....how did the check up go..heheh.

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, bumskee. Was looking with a great interest and enjoying you book. Especially your anatomy studies (they are very easy to read), your wonderful pastels (!), your sketches (they have unique lacy lines, look very unusual), thumbnails. I'm deeply impressed. I especially like your humorous work: a little girl exploring suspicious bump in her bed, the killer with a gun listening to his stomach (page 1), other guy with a gun from page 4. So thank you
    Regards, Sveta

Last edited by sve; September 8th, 2005 at 05:14 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are too good.

lol amazing stuff man; I haven't seen this thread for a few days, and I look at the updates you've made and they are all so.. amazing lol. Wish I could narrow down some specific things I like the best, but everything just looks so great hehe. I must applaud you (and anyone else) who is brave enough just to sit out and sketch anything and anyone you see; I always feel the need to ask if it's alright before I sketch people (unless I know them pretty well). probably something I need to get past but hehe enough of that, again wonderful stuff ya got here!

keep it coming!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mentler, thanks. good to hear I didn't stuff it up too much

loomer, thanks, hehe expressions and angle of the face..need to do heaps more.. I really want to get better with the two.. graphic design at the agency. You know the usual, design stuff.. web blah blah..meh.. I do a bit of illustration at work..but I try to avoid doing it at work coz it's not in my job description hehe..

vigostar, yeah Read that thread, very hostile environment. haha I heard some stuff about it from FORM.. took me a while to find the thread too.. thanks dude

liam.c, thanks you

Tei, you are right.. meh.. well I need to do more studies and practice practice.. don't we all have a massive list of things to do/study? hehe I wonder when we'll ever get them done.. thanks for dropping by..

cateaic, well I really want to..but "studies" keep popping up in my head.. concept or studies.. and I go.. studies.. do concept later.. hehe..

Sinix, thanks for dropping by, dude.. I love your work!! had to say that.. one of the SB I saw very first.. I think I got hooked from then.. heh

Fellah, haha yeah.. well I got carried away and before I knew it she turned into a he.. the line sketch looked girly enough.. hehe thanks

runtosaurus, thanks for the mega compliment. yeah i better watch that dark nose thingie.. I don't know I started doing it and I am now over doing it I think. That's for pointing that out, i will watch it from now..

rodrigo!DUDE, hehe thanks for the compliment, good to hear i am improving..hehe.. brushes? no it's custom made.. I love that brush, I usually use three, the line one, this splash one you see occassionally and the oval shaped brush I made.. you can download it at that digital painting ps thread.. I think.. check up was ok, u know the usual, quit smoking, sleep more, take a break from work, don't stress.. blah blah blah..

sve, hey thanks for dropping by and warm compliments. hehe glad you like the stuff, seriously.. thanks again dude

Onir, dude thanks heaps man.. practice and finding time is the hardest.. hehe.. well heaps of people draw in public, I used to notice other people watching and stuff but now I don't really care.. I am more worried about putting lines down than a someone looking over my shoulder. i don't think most people get offened when you draw them, I have heard about it though, but most don't care. Girls usually like it I think, they do take notice of you when you are sketching as me and form have often found out. hehe. Just go out and draw dude.. thanks again

That was a long reply.. small update.. sketches on the train again..

pencil, took a photo of it and..yeah..it's same sketchbook.. meh

I started on the hands.. studies from "the book of a hundred hands" i guess you can tell who it's by. The sketchbook actually is a A2 size so it's quite big. Just trying to get used to hands and then make further studies of my own..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet! Very nice bumskee - I'll have to track down that book too. Meanwhile, I can study Hogarth! What, no animals?

Damn...your posts are so frequent I can hardly follow your updates...That's a good thing, though. Great hand studies, by the way. I'm sure you learning a ton from doing those. Rock on man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice to see those hand studies. I'm working on my hands to.
    And it's nice to see that you work on the train to.

hugs man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ouch back at you - now i really need to kick some pencils man. Good shit!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man, im going to start calling you fellah!!!! good job man.. those hands are clapping in your favor!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Teigrob, hehe hogarth is pretty cool, I probably study his hands too. animals!! yeah hopefully soon??

Britt, thanks man, not as much as I would like to though. yeah i really want to get hand bits thoroughly down.

Pencilator, thanks dude!! we could never do enough hands I think..yikes..

Fellah, yo, thanks for the nice words dude,really appreciate it.

vigostar, fellah?? hahahah no way! fellah pumped out drawings in like 2 mins and stuff, remember that massive page full of feet studies? fellah is a machine!! yeah..thanks dude for the nice words. meh

I was out sketching with Form from CA. he's such a funny dude. well we were planning on doing 500 gestures out in front of opera house but then realised we were never going to make it. hehe.. yeah well it was a very good day out, heaps of sketching done. Here are some of the quick people drawings I did.. Other stuff I will post some other day, think it needs to be scanned it. Sorry for the crap quality pic..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah. This we like. Really makes me wanna go out and draw ppl. :goes out:
    Damn, just remember that no one lives out where I live

About 104 gestures, in how long?

This is not bad. You guys would have done 500 gestures easily.

hugS!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mmmm... man after my own heart right now. I have such a desire to learn how to gesture well. Any thoughts or helps? I've been trying to gesture from photos but mine ususally end up messy and mindless. I hate that. These are loose and confident... I'm so envious of you and your band of drawing crazys. Grr.... Keep havin' fun. I'll be lookin' for another update. I need to get out to sketch peple. I'm a dork.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Me again *waves*
    I thought i should post again, as you have a folder on my harddrive
    Those B&W PS sketches are my favourites!
    Also i would have loved to have seen some of those thumbnails turned into Ps sketches.
    It's great too see more people picking up 'the pen' adds so much confidence.
    Hope to see more.
    -B-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa, I've got to check in more often. Great as usual...bastard.
    I agree with Mentler in that your figures are very expressive. Nice job, there. Your faces are really showing a large range of emotions in them.

Crap, that's a lot of figures. You guys seem to have a lot of fun when you go out and sketch. That's the key, have fun.

Oh, and please don't scare me with another man/woman thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing work and i must admit that i'd never thought about going out on the street and just spending a couple of hours drawing people walking buy, seems silly that i didnt think of that. I love your work, it is truly inspirational
    please keep posting so that we lesser folk may learn from your example.... or somthing like that

-sleepy

I used to have a deep and meaningfull quote here but that got a lil tiresome

please crtic my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Postal

Numerous fine post since my last visit <> you have quite a fan club and well deserved <> the head studies are great <> also a fine job on the hands <> and the tiny weenie people and some of the best on-the-spot quick sketches I have seen

This has developed into a first class thread with top o the line work

Page 9 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 124