Page 8 of 262 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey Bumskee, you’ve got some really great stuff in here! Your faces and body studies are wonderful; such variety too. You really know your proportions and give such movement to the bodies. Those anime characters are too cool!…especially the girl with blonde hair and green background. You captured a great attitude in the character in that piece. Your PS stuff is amazing, really liking the guy with wings- he’s got a creepy grin but looks totally amazing!! Your painting tutorial rocks too, you’re a fantastic teacher I must say
    Hope to join in the fun when I get my wacom. Keep up the fantastic work!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    you've riched a higher level

one thing - the last one looks messy... dirty... That is because of the shadding. Try to ease up a little with the shadding and keep the clean line - like those heads - they are much better!!

cheers! good luck

Thanks
    Good stuff here Mr. Bumskee! I like your pictures, it seems like its in motion. Thats somnething I strive to capture.

Thanks
    Dude! Thats a really sweet sketch! I have had Dynamic Figure Drawing by Hogarth for two months, but didnt really look in it till yesterday. Damn, its a great book! Check out the way he draws hands - he has a really nice way of showing how to draw hands easy!

Thanks
    dang, sweet sketch book dude. I love ur figure studies. And hogarths books are great. keep it up!
    OBX - drawing a.d.d.
    The art of Joel Hladky

-Fear is the enemy of Imagination - Andrew Jones-

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 469 Posts
    great stuff !!

killer as usuall !!

more more

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    bumsseee! those WIP look real promising. I kinda like that rough, sketchy looseness to them..would be cool if some of that feeling was retained in the final....or not...wTf do i know?

- feeling' overtired and nutty... but i'll be back for more useless commentary and wasted reply space
    *:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    Teigrob, yeah anatomy.. I am really struggling with it.. hehe I look over at yours and fellah's for motivation and inspiration!!.

t e m p i s t ~, thanks for the kind words, bah wait till you get a wacom.. you are going to pump out so much good stuff. I still don't believe you did all those stuff with a MOUSE.. seriously.. I used to draw animes and stuff much like you, I am going to go back to it later though.. I miss it heaps I think..

Icey, thanks mate. I know it's kinda messy, but I wanted to work with values.. I feel like I can't do much with a pencil so I am sort of trying out pencils heaps.

Quinster, hey, thanks for the kind words.. hehe

Fellah, hehe.. horse? I swear it is a... ok ..
    I haven't been doing any studies recently.. but looking at yours and Tei's, I just realised how much I suck at anatomy.. going to do the stick figures and muscles again. Going to pick that book and bridgeman in the next two weeks.

OBX,thanks!!

hurricane, Thanks, I am getting so lazy these days.. lack of motivation.. if it weren't for CA I probably would not bother to draw at all I think..

loomer, YOU KNOW TOO MUCH! thanks for support as always. Yeah I am going to keep it loose here and there but also keep important features real tight. Gotta see where it goes. We should go for a beer with Vigostar, ONLY if I was over there and not here in the wilderness..

Ok, update on the WIPs? Didn't have much time this week..I don't think I am going to finish any of them soon.. ~ ambitious and defintely bit more than I chew I think.

I am pretty much through the head, shoulder bit and his right arm. It's a little hard to see.. hmm.. well..any comments would be good, I flipped it BTW
    Min's Sketchbook (23/07/2011, pg.130)

The other WIP, I think perspective is a little off and composition is a bit weird too.. gotta draw more skeletons, the angle is a bit awkard I think.. it's a start. Min's Sketchbook (23/07/2011, pg.130)

decided to do some head again but facing >> way this time..
    Min's Sketchbook (23/07/2011, pg.130)

Thanks
    bumskee- those two digi paints are looking fit man, honestly i'd say just keep doing what you're doing with the knife dude. As you get towards the finish i might think about popping the edge contrast a bit in key places- as in pushing the highlight of the shoulder or the dark of the wing, perhaps even getting darn close to a chromatic black with the hair against the forehead... just in a few specific areas to really pop the thing out into space. and i'd love to see some of the areas left textural and unrefined because you've built an interesting base there already. i like the light over his head very much. Good stuff man. keep it coming.

Nic*Rad
    Drawing is a language with infinite dialects.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Hi man the painting is coming along pretty sweet! Nice hand holding the knifethingy. The other one needs work - you know this. Great face and cool dark mood! The skeleton WIP is too straight and nice for old bones lying in the open like that(and under ground). Break some of them and give them some flaws. Becoming a fossil is a pretty rough ride I have collected a lot of fossils in my time btw - a bit smaller tho heh. Good facepractice too.

Thanks
    awww me bumseeee bumskeee! those WIP are coming nicely. I like what you've done with the demon dude so far (don't want to say too much, because it's still WIP) - but the second piece with the giant skeleton - I'm loving it. I like how you feel you are walking underneath the skeleton yourself.

- get your ass out of the bushes , get to NYC and buy me and vigostar unlimited drinks...for me that's about 3 and I'm tanked (well I'm only 140 lbs!)

head studies are looking good. maybe I would try analyzing the planes of the face more...it seems evident in earlier head studies that you know the planes of the head pretty well, so maybe these were done really fast or sumpin..? lookin good my man
    *:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    aw, you're making me blush bumskee! Well, I come over here for painting inspiration, so I guess we're even! Going to tackle a knife today...dislike is no excuse!

Thanks
    awsome anatomy work... im working on doing those but i dont have any to show on the site.. i have had my tablet for a short while now.. how long did it take you to get good at using that smoothly?. keep up the great work. love it all
    Hexen

Thanks
    Always feel awkward posting in a thread when I don't have a constructive crit. or a question... but... had to say I love your sketchbook. The thumbnails you do are awesome in that they are very expressive yet simple.

Love to see the updates you post.
    --marie--

Don't forget to read the stickied FAQ's before posting

Thanks
    Wow, great book with awesome gesture pages!

Page 8 of 262 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast