Page 7 of 303 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Min's Sketchbook (23/07/2011, pg.130)

Thanks
    Great stuff!
    I really love your coloured photoshop work. I liked the portrait of your art directors daughter, maybe it doesn't look like her but I think it looks great when you don't think of it as "the portrait of that 9 year old girl" but just see it as "a face". I'm terrible at portraits but when I want to draw a face most of the time I use a reference and add some made up changes to it.

Love,
    Marleen
    Last edited by NoŽ; July 20th, 2005 at 06:53 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    There you go Bumskee.... Stay loose with those poses... Try holding the pastel or your drawing meduim with a overhand sort of grip... So that your only holding it with three fingers... keeps you looser... also.. try doing blind contours... Any event.. Good update... Loomer and I are going to a sketch session so I'll be updating tonight...
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    NoŽ, thanks.. I am cursed with colours.. I think I mentioned that before..I gotta study colours but these damn anatomy is consuming everything. Yeah she does look too old... I promised myself to do it again but ... bah

vigostar, hey!! wondering when you were going to update. whatever happened to this weeks task BTW? damn I wish I was at where ever you guys are at. In sydney hardly anyone can be bothered to go sketching. damn.. yeah I am going to life drawing tomorrow again.. thanks for the advice as always.

small update.. doodling in PS..
    Min's Sketchbook (23/07/2011, pg.130)

Thanks

Amazing stuff!!

Hey! This is some great, diverse stuff. This may be a redundant question, but how much of your colors are PS and "real" paints? (Of course, I feel like I neglect both WAY TOO MUCH!)

Anyway, keep it up!

Thanks
    Hey, Min.. nice update man... I like the variations although I think yo can use more... make more variations by playing with fat faces, long faces... sloped eyes, wide cheeks, high cheek bones... over sized eyebrows.. things of that nature.. i know its hard,i have trouble myself trying to vary up my faces as well.. thats why on a day to day basis when Im riding the train.. I look at certain people and I try to determine whats different between the person sitting down and the person leaning against the door... and you start to see the slight but huge differences... sorry about not updating.. ive been working on the Thunderdome piece and that has been consuming alot of my time and will continue to do so.. but, I have some stuff from last nights session that I will hopefully post tonight... also... feel free to give assignmenst also Min... sometimes i get bogged down with stuff that i forget to do it... think of something and the rest of the group will work on it.. also... We have new members.. CLogik and infini... So, you can link them on the bottom of the page as well..... keep up the good work.. our group is starting to look very nice!!!
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    Wild9, do you mean like real paint? it's all PS.. unfortunately for me, my current environment won't allow me to do much traditional stuff... I would love to..maybe in near future but at the moment..only PS..

vigostar, hey! thanks mate.. yeah.. I know...but I wanted to see what I can achieve with just placing features here and there.. I have yet to play with extreme features I think.. hehe..

Went to drawing class again today... the dude next to me offered me some black stuff, i think it was hard pastel but it was a lot more dry than my brown ones. I might go next monday and buy some different stuff to try out.

2mins

5,5,10 I think.

10 mins

15mins

Thanks
    First time i visit this thread, and i can clearly see a progress you did (especially in the faces) - keep 'em rolling.

Those life-studies are quite nice too.
    May the colors be with you.
    Dura's Scribbels&Sketches

Thanks
    Love the heads!

Thanks
    hehe, yeah, with the charcoal shooting straight off their heads makes them all look like Don King!

Thanks
    Hey, Min.. good going man. these are looking fantastic.. nice that your dabbling with other mediums and trying to do things differently... as a test to yourself... I would try and just do some fig. drawing for like a straight week.. without trying to do any creative work... Try to loose quick ones and tighter drawings as well.. Then the following week.. Try and create a creative character by using the same methods applyied while drawing your figures... see what happens... you may be very surprised at the outcome!!! hopefully, I have some time tonight o post... Your doing great min... keep it up...

SketchBook

Thanks
    love the life drawings from 7/19; and those life pen sketches are awsome. great line control and economy.

cheers!

Thanks
    Dude! Those life studies are looking great...
    I really don't have much to crit...I'm liking everything from the head ink studies, to the life work..it's all coming together reeeeeeeel nice.

I would like to see a head study from life too compare with the head doodles you did in PS... Just a suggestion - maybe next life-drawing session focus on a head for a 10 min pose or two. Just more info for you to draw from your brain later.

kickin it man!
    *:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks

Style

I wonder why you say that you are trying to develop a style?

You have a unique and amzingly attractive style
    YOU ARE STYLISH with a capital SSS

I just kept looking and looking

Ashemoto

"TRUTH SETS YOU FREE"

Page 7 of 303 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast