Sketchbook: Min's Sketchbook (23/07/2011, pg.130) - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Min's Sketchbook (23/07/2011, pg.130)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nicrad, yeah the contrast is annoying partly because I work on a LCD and the colours.. dark colours are a bit patchy.. better play with some setting and colour profiles.. I am not really planning this one, just going to see where it takes me. Thanks for the kind words!!

Fellah, hehe, yeah the bone is way too straight.. but it's a second sketch, I think the composition is way too boring for my taste.. I probably do fewmore sketches and stuff.. need to draw more skeletons too. Yeah the other hand I haven't got around to it yet.. Next time I post that it will be finished piece. Thanks!

loomer, you know I wanted to use less lines..but I think I stuffed up with that stupid water colour brush.. looked alright before I slept but looks a bit off now..... hmm and they are all in one layer so..hehe..
    YEAH!? I am not a drinker so one or two is enough for me.. hehe.. Damn I wish I was over there...it would be so much fun.. oh oh and I am going to put some water under the skeleton and have a kid walking through it.. thanks for the idea.. awsome

Teigrob, Thanks for the nice compliment!! heheh, knife? awsome..

Hexen, thanks mate, I guess depends on how much you use it.. me a LOT..

Marie, thanks.. do you go to wetcanvas.com?

tokidokizenzen, thanks!!

finally brought my sketch book, it's A2.. so... kinda annoying in a way..

and just doodling with PS,

back to skeletons and that bad hair day dude!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi great sketch thread you have here. Been meaning to reply for a while....
    I like how you do your stuff especially all the anatomy thumbnails. No crits, but how about seeing some different conceptual material ? Look forward to an update.

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Min- dude... these are looking phenominal.. grat progress... love the life drawings... your getting the hang of it very quickly.... you see the way you draw the figures with the life drawing.. you should take that same technic and apply it when drawing other creative characters... No crits this time around.. only praise!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey bumskee, looking good man, the paintings on the other page are coming along nicely...no crits for now, except maybe add some cooler tones to the background(dude with crazy hair), unless you were going for a more monochromatic feel...

the life drawings are looking real loose and really capture the model... lots of beautiful broad strokes and tones give your drawings nice depth.

and for the doodels in ps, did you use ref or just winging?. it looks nice man. keep postin.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the new lifedrawing

Wetcanvas.com? not been there... not sure what it is... but I'm going there now to check it out

--marie--

Don't forget to read the stickied FAQ's before posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like your figures...especially the poses from the backside! keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bumskeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    - sweet life drawings. Stuff reminds me slightly of Greuze, but maybe it's because I was looking at his book recently. (old french draftman)
    How long are most of those poses? They look pretty short..I'm guessng 15-20min? Anyways..really nice.

The PS doodles are cool too...my doodles are so sloppy - yours are so clear and concise. Whatthefuck is wrong with me, huh?! WHAT?! This T-dome has made me mad...i'm a loony now. Just call me loooner.

Now that I have wasted space in your sketchbook saying nothing constructive at all..I will end ...Can't wait to see that giant skeleton thingy done!

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WARHEAD, thanks for dropping by! yeah I am kinda putting my effort into studying rather than conceptual work.. I guess I feel I need to do concentrate on studies rather than pull out what's in my brain at the moment..

vigostar, thanks man! yeah..the only problem is applying it... hehe hopefully it will come more naturally I guess. whatever happen to our weekly assignments?

clogik, I guess it is a bit monotone.. I am cursed with colours so.. hehe.. I will definitely attempt better colour composition with the skeleton piece.. the doodling? it's without any ref..

Marie, thanks, wetcanvas.com is very traditional driven community.. it's massive and very impressive too.

Hayabusa, thanks man! yeah..hopefulyl I can keep it up, already slacking a bit..

looooooooooooomer, yeah around 15mins..the last two was 15 mins I think the others were lot shorter, can't remember I have memory loss problem. Well, loomer your pencil and traditional stuff is really clean and well rendered.. you've seen mine...it's errr...messy.. hehe.. I spam heaps on other people's thread.. spam spam spam..

I sort of finished the crazy hair dude.. I think I already said I work on LCD and it's not very friendly with darker colours.. :< I had to check it on 4 other CRTs and use level to adjust contrast.. :< bah anyways..here it is..

close up?

some PS doodle.. gotta scan some stuff too..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bumskee: nice nice nice, real sweet to see a finished work from u.looks like u spend a good chunk of time on this piece. i lilke his expression and the details on the hand and red lava shoulder are particuaarly sweet.
    the levels look fine to me, nice darks darks.

some crits: maybe its just me but i think his teeth come across as rushed and slightly flat...the front teeth look fine but as it reaches the edges it flattens out ....maybe make his bottom lip overlap some of his teeth at the ends..or put some dark shadows on the end tooths since he is smiling and grinning widely there should be some teeth receding back to show depth.

bahhh i dont know what teh hell i just said. . good image overall. cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Clogik, surprisingly I didn't spend too much time on it after the previous post.. it was rather rushed I think. I think I spent around 10~12 hours on it all up.. I am rather pleased with the hand and the hair.. Thanks for the crit, I suck heaps at drawing mouth.. bah.. I might try and fix that though.

some quick sketches at the Sydney International Airport..very early in the morning.. had to drop someone off.. ~

on the train..scribbling..

Last edited by bumskee; August 10th, 2005 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The painting came out sweet man!!! Very nice sketches also! With the teeth;just drop a few random shadows here and there making it look messy hehe. how long does the airport sketches take? Looks cool!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, it boggles my mind trying to figure out how you can sketch humans so fast! Good show! Yeah, for the guy's teeth, all you have to do is put progressively dark shadows on either side of the front four main teeth. Those are the ones that get the most light. Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That crazy hair dude turned out sweet Bumskee! Is it a commision or just for your self. If its not a commision I bet you could sell prints of it no problem.

The quick sketches are good as well. Nice work.

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey bumskee....
    nice stuff...i really like that lightning in the painting, and those people sketches. Too, i am digging you life drawings, these are really good, and they have a nice feeling.
    greetings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kickass life drawing man, wow

keep up the good work aye aye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those airport drawings are great. I am having a hell of a time drawing moving people at public places. I can barley put down two strokes before the person disappears. I think Iíll try ballpoint the next time I do it, since yours turned out so nice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    veeeeery nice stuff !
    im inspired !

cheers !

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJ÷RN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awsome updates. Really dig the airport sketches and the photoshop ones. The fountain park sketch is great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn fine thread! Your line quality is superb, especially the heavier, more solid ones (i.e. the latest train and aiport sketches, is that pencil or pen btw?). Your control over your strokes is so impressive.

The demon dude is great too. Is the strap across his chest under flaps of skin? By the way, I need that hair. NEED IT.

Keep filling this up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bumsee -

Man that demon dude is looking fantastic. But today, I actually do have some things to say instead of just givin' you sweet ass pats.
    Clogik brought up the teethy issue...i agree. Maybe leave the center of the mouth/teeth alone, but add some darker tones to the sides to give the illusion of the mouth receding into space. I think the face could use just the slightest be more work...maybe even a texture layer set to low opacity do add a little sumpin sumpin'. And before I shutup..I think you might want to soften the neck area..there's alot going on, and it's taking a little way from the face. If not soften, perhaps darken a little bit.

But I really love this piece..and I was just looking over your thread, and this piece tops all the other character digi paints tenfold. That's some improvement in only a short time! I especially love the hands and hair as well... brilliant work there
    keep em coming...and keep doing those awesome little sketchies...they are working for you
    peace DAWG!

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MIN- you animal!! Geeze man.. what have you been doing....???? Wow, man very impressed.. you def. shut me up with the comments I made earlier about the crazy hair dude.... beign that others have commented I will make a suggestion if I can... I think that you have some really great things going on with the drawing... I see that you have some really strong light coming from the upper right hand... which is casting a strong white light on his left shoulder... I think that you could lighten up the right side as well... Maybe so that we can see whats going on with that shoulder pad show us some detial and inner workings of his costume... Like where the diagonal strap... Are the clothes in fact blending into the body??? I wold drop some soft light on the inner collar... Is that red a design or is it in fact lava???? If its a design then maybe define it a bit more... and define the lower body a bit more too... the arms a light why shouldnt the rest of teh body be as well??? I love what you did with the hands, overall design, the process, the face, the hair is genius, the color scheme and the BG... I would just try and define more areas... or not... your other sketches are awesome man.. lobvely work... do more finished works... hopefully we get jumping with some group colabos.... give eachother a week to finish up our part and see what we come up with..!!!!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have a lot of great pieces here. I really liked the sketches from the airport and on the train. I think that they might be some of your strongest stuff. I just love the line work. I hope that you post more like those.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am such an idiot, over writing the old images, and now my old ones are mixed with the new ones.. bah..

Fellah, thanks dude. yeah fixed the teeth crap I think.. hehe good that I posted here for crits.. airport ones? all of them took around 30~40 mins.. people walking past or leaning over the counter..just loittering..

Teigrob, hehe.. thank TEI! you just scribble, nothing more, I guess it would be good if they stay still for at least 30seconds, but most of the time they shift weight, walk away or change direction.. from then on it's guessing if the pose is similar keep going.

Infinitum, just personal stuff, I don't think I have done many commission stuff.. thanks for the mega compliment dude.

OleOlsen, thanks dude! your sketchbook is very impressive.

rodrigo!, thanks mate

Medium Pace, yeah they move so damn quick.. I usually draw someone walking in the distance, so at least you have 20~30 sec before they disappear so draw as much as you can and then ...move on.

hurricane, thanks

hito, suprised you even got the fountain bit right.. heheh.. thanks dude!

lukavi, it's felt tip pen.. not sure what else to call it.. as you can see my pencil stuff is shocking beyond belief.. messy drawings.. yeap it's a strap.. didn't know what to do with it I guess.. I would love to have hair like that, not sure what my work would say though..eheh

loomer, thanks heaps for the crits dude.. I fixed some of the stuff yesterday.. the neck didn't come out as I planned it and the teeth everyone's been bashing me for it. heheh I am glad you like it, yeah I am not a patient man so anything over few hours is the limit.. I should really invest time to do more solid work.. It was inspired by your sketchbook and Fellah's!! hehe..

vigostar, my man, thanks for the mega compliment dude. heheh, well I like I said to loomer, I need to work on my patient levels.. I looked at your PEN STUFF!!! you are an animal!! hehe loved your work dude.. Thanks for the crits and suggestions, I might go back and fix it, some of it.. I guess I didn't want too much details on the body, I really wanted to go for the hand and the arm.. the right side shoulder is a bit dark..you are right.. hmm.. hehe.. thinking.. THanks dude! keep me updated on the group stuff.

madplanet, thanks dude.. although I am desperately trying to get better with pencil..you just don't get all the shades with a pen..

Fixed the teeth? and added some details to the head..I think.. and sort of attempted to fix the neck bit, as that was annoying after loomer mentioned it.

Some anime stuff? I did say I love anime and manga didn't I??

another pathetic attempt at pencil will I ever get better with this??

I was looking at Vigostar's SB, he's an animal with a ball point pen.. very very tight and nicely rendered stuff there.. So thought I try it out.. Faces and stuff.. done on the train and the bus... Also found bunch of markers at work.. never used it before so... funny medium.. don't know how people use it so well..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff, you're really good with body expression and posing - you'd make one hell of a traditional animator. nice anatomy studies at the top as well

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn dude you are getting so good!!!!Really cool anime and i LOVE the painted demons face! He looks so happy Great texture in the bg aswell. And sweet face sketches. All is sweet, all is sweet!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude.

Dude.

Oy!

I keep forgetting that you're this "ohmygoshsoawesomefantasticlolz" artist. I especially love the "anime" girl looking back with the pink face. Don't know why.

Oy!

And on the pencils, you seem to be good with them, just try using the..pointier tip of the pencil. And there are a billion techniques for rendering, that just takes some experimentation. Try crosshatching, try just using the flat edge, try stippling, etc.!

Oy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bumskee

~~~~real cool update. demon crazy hair man looks a lot better with the fixed teeth.

~~~~~anime stuff is looking good. u got real skill with the pen in pshp. im terrible at sketching directly into pshop, i have to try that more often.
    ~~~i like your pencil stuff has a sublte softness to it. one suggestion:try to experiemnt with different hatching tech like the pen stuff u did.
    ~~~nice head studies with the pen....you are kikcing arse!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy crap, amazing stuff ya got here! I never really got to see alot of your work besides the ones in that painting thread over in the tutorial forum (which I need to start participating in again), but wow you are extremely talented! I love all the faces you've done, they all show such great emotion. anyway, keep up the great work!

/cheer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff! love the pencil

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice updates
    i wont say too much, becuase people have pretty much summed it all up by now

Page 5 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 124