Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anybody with Sleep Disorder?

Thanks

Anybody with Sleep Disorder?

IS there anybody experiencing sleep disorder? I do have a chronic sleep disorder and I can't concentrate on my art. I tried Tyrenol PM but it really doesn't work. Moreover, sleep deprivation can trigger depression and nervous breakdown.

Alcohol will make it worse. Warm milk doesn't do a squat. How do you cope with sleep disorder?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I am guessing insomnia from your mention of sleep deprivation?

If so you could try melatonin. I'd suggest reading up on it first as with anything.

goodluck to you
    Last edited by Marie; June 16th, 2005 at 08:37 PM. Reason: realized i missed something
    --marie--

Don't forget to read the stickied FAQ's before posting

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Yup, had it for going on 3 years now.
    Can't sleep more than about 4-5 hours before I wake up and it's like a hamster running a treadmill in my mind. Toss and turn about 1/2 hour and then get up and fire up the PC. Go back to bed about 6am and "nap" for about an hour before "getting up proper." Repeat for 2-3 days until fatique makes me so fuzzy headed I pour the coffee grounds into my cup instead of the machine. Get a decent night's sleep (6-8 hours), start the cycle all over again.

The first day after the good night's sleep is the best, production wise...

Melatonin is only somewhat effective for sleep rhythm disorders. It's effects for insomnia are inconclusive to non-effective. I tried it for about 6 months before giving up. A glass of warm milk provides about as much tryptophan assistance, and tastes better, especially with a spoon of Hershey's chocolate syrup in it...
    Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Yep.. can't sleep same hours each night.. always go to sleep at random times from sometimes 10pm sometimes 10am in the morning.. just sleep when I feel tired when I can.. sometimes feel tired get into bed and then can't sleep as I'm thinking too much about just random things.. a lot of the time need to sleep before next morning but can't. I'm 21 and don't know how long I've had this.. years though..
    [I am a member of the Middle Class!]

You can view my lurrvely new sketchbook here: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=507266
    Have a nice day!

Thanks
    damn this might happen to me since i stay up as late as 2 in the morning and then wake at 12 or 1 in the afternoon...is there a possible cuase to sleep disorders?
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    having a irregular sleep cycle is very bad for. if you go to bed at 10pm keep with it. or even 3am or 5am. talk to a doctor who specializes in sleep disorders tho. theyd be your best bet for any long term help

i have restless leg. its a sleep associated dissorder where when super tired my leg twicthes like a mofo. sometimes it keeps me up but not too often. i remember a few yrs back i took a sleeping pill and was out for a good 16hrs. i was only 14 at the time and small too small for the medicine but i took it anyways. (sick at the time and hadnt slept in days)
    -=[ Sinister Six Sketch Group ]=-
    -=[ Cookiedough Fooxoo |ntern Hyver Character Evildisco]=-

Thanks
    Count me in.

Im going to college, so, Ive been fighting with myself to sleep at normal hours. I used nothing though. Just fight it.

Thanks
    Melatonin doesn't do a jack squat!

Although long-term consumption of alcohol can cause insomnia, the short-term effect can be very tempting. I started drinking 4 months ago and it's hard to go to bed without a nightcab. (a couple of shots of vodka or Johnny Walker)

Well, it's all in your mind. I gotta find myself something to take my worries away.

Thanks
    Just catchup at work. Thats what I do. Or on the way to work. Yeah, I actually have quite a few sleeping disorder. I just ride the awake wave until I fall asleep standing up while taking a sip of coffee. My advice, sleep often, but most important of all, sleep at nightime. Countin sheep, horses or rare diseases works still, you never know when you might need a wink or too, heck I think I'm asleep while I'm typing this...zzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Yes, I have sleeping problems myslef. (my-selph, myself)

Thanks
    I don't think I have a sleep disorder YET, but I have always been a very light sleeper, and I have vivid, overly bizarre dreams, which often turn out to be nightmares. I'm not sure if they fuel my imagination or vice versa, but as a result, I know what scares me, and so I can design a creepy monster to scare others.

My family has a history of insomnia though, at least on my mom's side. Is this a hereditary disease? If so, I wonder if I'm doomed already.

As an aside, something that can make me sleepy is exercise. If I've had a long day and have exercised recently, then have dinner or a snack or whatever, that can get me pretty drowsy, since all of my energy's going to digestion and there wasn't a lot left of it. Not sure if that's a good solution, though, but it's a thought.

If you have dreams, you might consider keeping a dream journal. I started that, and you get some crazy stuff.

Sleep well!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 271 Posts
    56k modem mixed with having no life is tha cause of mine .. ..

it used to be quite bad a while back,going to sleep at 3-4am and waking up at 9-10am became a routine for a longtime,and,i dunno why but i used to count hours....didnt get much drawings done neither..heh

..Jace

Thanks
    I'm 45 and have had irregular sleep most of my life , I sleep a few hours and then take a power nap when time permits. I once went for 72 hours without sleep when I was in the Navy - not good -do not try this. You get massive paranoia and the shakes as well as hallucinations. I learned to power nap so that I could stand watches and work all day.
    John Fields

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    It's currently a hot topic in the medical news community right now.

All the previous existing medications, herbal supplements, etc. were either worthless, somewhat toxic, or potentially highly addictive.

New sleep medications (there are 2-3, Lunestra is the only one I remember) DO show remarkable improvement in all most types of sleep disorders for short term treatment (4 mo's or less), but long-term studies need to be done (read: the govt. needs to pay us research $$$).

I'm tempted, gotta admit it. I just don't trust meds all that much unless it's kinda critical, like antihistamines when my sinuses are impacted, or antibiotics when I have and infection. Beyond that, I just don't put a lot of faith in pills, ya know?

Johnfields, what's a "powernap?"
    Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast