Fresh meats (I'm new)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Fresh meats (I'm new)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Fresh meats (I'm new)

Or possibly slightly ripened meats. Hi! My name is Eliza and I'm an illustrator. Currently barely scraping out a living as a freelancer for various RPG companies (I refer to myself as an 'art hobo'); about to start work on a concepting contract for a local website startup. They want me to go into an OFFICE every day...

Right now I live in Bellevue, a suburban city in the Seattle area. I'm waiting on an inheritance to liquidate so I can get the hell out of here and probably move to the LA area, hopefully hopefully to attend Art Center. Also looking at Academy of Art U.

I've been doing pro illustration for about three years now, the 'official' start of my career being the in/famous Book of Erotic Fantasy by the Valar Project, for which I did about a quarter of the interiors (mostly the horrific stuff) and the cover (which I also modelled for). I am now embarassed about my work in that book; I was not leet at Photoshop and it shows. Since then I've worked for Legend of the Five Rings, Blue Rose, Malinche Entertainment, and some other stuff here and there.

Really I'm just starting out; I've just recently in the past few months gotten to the point where I can pay rent. I count learning that one package of ramen will feed me for two days as one of the greatest lessons of my life as an artist.

I'm also a Cornish College of the Arts illustration department dropout. What a waste of time, money and sanity.

My caffeination method is tea; Lady Grey or green by preference.

I'm a gamer. I like to kill things, build things, pick things up and level. Nothing makes me happier than a good-looking video game with beautiful music.

I model occasionally, but I'm too short to do it professionally.

For work, I primarily use Painter 8 and Photoshop CS, but hope to develop my skills as a meatspace painter as well.

This post is getting a bit tl;dr, so I'll knock it off. I'm really glad I found this place.

Questions? Comments? Weehoo.

edited to add: Also, I'm having trouble uploading an avatar. Tried linking to one on my server too, and couldn't do it. I keep getting this error:
    Warning: copy(./customavatars/avatar24693_8.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in \includes\functions_upload.php on line 335
    Help?

Last edited by Vebelfetzer; June 14th, 2005 at 03:35 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.