Art: Critique needed

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Critique needed

Thanks

Critique needed

Hi,

I recently started drawing again after avoiding it for a few years. I know I need the practice, and I would also like a critique of this if possible.

This is a sketch I did based on one of the tutorials here:

Tutorial:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14735

Ray

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You should really take your time to measure and compare so that everything in the initial stages are accurate. It makes the rest much easier.

I noticed that the drawing isn't finished. Maybe try a new one instead, making sure that everything is at its place before going for the next step.

A tip in modeling/shading, be aware of where the light is coming from.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,669 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Ron's tutorials are really great. But if you're not reading and trying to really understand them then you're not getting all you could be.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Thanks for the critiques

I just want to say, no matter how much practice anyone needs, don't get discouraged, despite what other people may say. That only makes you better, so see what you did wrong, and move on. Hey, we're not perfect, so we can never be totally accurate when it comes to any drawing (though DaVinci sure came close).

I was curious where I went wrong, and a friend suggested I put the original picture into Photoshop and place another layer with my photo, and that will show what I did wrong.This is a great way to improve, just be careful of viruses (which is why I don't do this often). Here is the result:

Obviously, it was the nose and chin, so I need more practice with that. And yes, I was more accurate with both of them before I changed them, that is a bad habit I tend to have. I erase things, even when they look okay (my teachers would say this).

Oh, and yes, this was just a sketch. I basically want to be a comic book artist, so I feel I don't need (I also don't have time, lol) to go into allot of detail with the shading. I'm just interested in accuracy, not necessarily style. I should have stated that earlier.

Thanks
    well, you can't be a good comic artist if you don't have a good understanding of what you just did. So, dude, try your best!

I'm just interested in accuracy, not necessarily style. I should have stated that earlier.
    I don't think no one was under the impression you were goin for style.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.