Sketchbook: Yay Attaya's Sketchbook! [Updates! 06-28]
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Yay Attaya's Sketchbook! [Updates! 06-28]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Yay Attaya's Sketchbook! [Updates! 06-28]

These are a few of my little stress relievers...actually quite a few of them. I hope you enjoy. C&C welcome.

The following images were commissions I took to benefit the Alzheimer's Association Greater Maryland Chapter. Thanks to the Bendis Board for their generosity towards a worthy cause!

Last edited by attaya; June 28th, 2005 at 10:22 PM.
    Undumb! Unimpaired! Untroubled!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    awsome style!.. beautiful girls + lines.

really like the 4th one from the top.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool. Stylish yet realistic, nice work.

The second image really stands out for me. The chin, though, seems to be at a weird angle compared to the face to me. Looks a little too slanted.

Overall, these are awesome sketches. Post some more, I'd really like to see more from you!

Ian

Last edited by IanE; June 9th, 2005 at 01:32 AM.
    Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fantastic. i dont know what to say. i see you are into comic books. have you done pages? if that is what you want to do than start posting them!

my book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks so much guys! I certainly appreciate the compliments.
    I will be sure to post some of my sequentials tonight and hopefully more sketch fodder.

Off to woik for now. ^_^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Book of Blue Updated 06-09-2005

Updated 06-09-05

Here are some of my sequential pieces in various stages of completion. Some have empty letter boxes/word bubbles. I've removed the dialogue for these posts. The only pages in any sequence are the first two. Hope you enjoy, C&C welcome and appreciated.

I added a picture of the Scarecrow in here too. Yay Batman!

Last edited by attaya; June 9th, 2005 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice line work! the figures look very fluid and nothing to crit from me. oh actually, the third page, that's a fighting scene right?? As compared to the first I think it really lacks dynamics, very bland. Maybe something fast happens on the next page? It's really hard trying to figure out the story just by looking at the picture... first page is really awsome, great expression.

hope to see more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks bumskee, the reason that I didn't finish the third one down was precisely the problem you indicated. I couldn't get the scene to flow from one panel to the next. The page after is basically more fighting...I can't seem to find it in my files right now.

I may have to revisit this one just to see if it could be salvaged.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    City of Heroes is fun. Fun fun fun. Anyhoo, here's a sketch I just did. It's 4 in the morning and this is what I do when I can't sleep...oy.

Last edited by attaya; June 28th, 2005 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's pretty damn good for someone who can't sleep.. I think you have more talent up your sleeve than you may think or what I think. I really envy how you show so much form with just few lines, good solid drawing. Guess it comes with practice. He's right arm does seem a little short, I wouldn't know why, but it looks that way.

Would love to see the other page after that one. I haven't drawn a comic myself so I wouldn't know how to make it flow more naturally but perhaps look at some clips and see how they make the scenes flow more naturally. The reason I made that comment about the third is because compared to the first where you have portrayed the mood/feel with different sized boxes and crops, the third is very structured?. I just think if for fighting it should be lot more dynamic, chaotic? even. But like i said don't know what happens after that so maybe you got it all laid out afterwards.

Maybe another scene before the 3rd of the third page just to initiate the fighting scene? it's a bit jumpy after they stand and then suddenly already at each other. The pace is rather fast I think.

ok, enough ranting, they look really good nonetheless and look forward to seeing more! ~

Min

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by bumskee
    It's pretty damn good for someone who can't sleep.. I think you have more talent up your sleeve than you may think or what I think. I really envy how you show so much form with just few lines, good solid drawing. Guess it comes with practice. He's right arm does seem a little short, I wouldn't know why, but it looks that way.
    I really appreciate the compliment. To tell the truth, I am usually not happy with a lot of drawings because they don't contain enough lines. It seems like a lack of substance to me...but then sometimes it works. When I try to add to most of them it only seems to muddle the product. I'm still looking for a happy medium.

Now that I'm awake and looking at it, the arm does seem wrong. I'll fix that before it goes under the ink.

Would love to see the other page after that one. I haven't drawn a comic myself so I wouldn't know how to make it flow more naturally but perhaps look at some clips and see how they make the scenes flow more naturally. The reason I made that comment about the third is because compared to the first where you have portrayed the mood/feel with different sized boxes and crops, the third is very structured?. I just think if for fighting it should be lot more dynamic, chaotic? even. But like i said don't know what happens after that so maybe you got it all laid out afterwards.

Maybe another scene before the 3rd of the third page just to initiate the fighting scene? it's a bit jumpy after they stand and then suddenly already at each other. The pace is rather fast I think.

Min
    It is a bit of an awkward flow. There was a setup page before that but I can't put my hands on it at the moment. It is very bland for a fight scene, you're right there. I think the only thing I like about it is panel 3-not the whole panel- just the assassin's back. I like that unnatural curve.

I'll make an effort to find some of my other fight scene pages and compare them. For now, tropical storm Arleen is staring at me from the gulf. I've gotta go laugh in her face.
    Taa-taa and take care

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahh, the happy medium, that's the secret we all hope to find. I know what you mean though, too much and suddenly it seems to have lost the plot, too less and you are just not happy. something I need to work on too, but I think I am a lost cause.

Yes, the assasins back looks very good, in fact all the characters are well drawn, rendered and in great shape. But the question is, overall it doesn't quite work well for the story you are trying to tell I guess. Bah, you know it's still damn good so don't worry too much about it.

Hope to see more!

cheers,

Min

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

cool

heh, nice stuff here.

love your line quality, and that scarecrow is Kick-ass.
    my only crit would be that some times, it looks like your upper-arms and hands are out of proportion.

keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is another older unused page I am fond of. Forgive the roughness of the lines. I never finished the background for the top panel due to some issues with length of the dialogue there. There are still X's in the fellows hair and on his clothes to indicate what I was supposed to black in....he ain't nekkid. Tee hee. Hope you enjoy.

Bumskee- thanks again! I doubt you're a lost cause. We need to see some of your work!

LiveWire- Thanks! I loved that Scarecrow sketch. It was one of my few attempts at speed sketching, it took right about 5 minutes. The skewed proportions in that particular piece are intentional. I wanted him to be in a position that's not quite normal and a little bit creepy...he is the Scarecrow after all...TWO MORE DAYS TILL BATMAN! Yay!

But I digress, I do have to fix the arm on the CoH sketch. It bothers me more and more each time I look at it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice~ YOU are really good with comic thingie.. (couldn't really find the right word..) Though I am a bit disappointed his not naked.. j/k The first scene looks very good, the facial expression is very well done. Though out of curiosity, any reason why you have two images of same view point from then on? you know what I mean right? Just out of curiosity. It seems to be repeated three times so I am wondering if there was anythign behind it.

That girl has lots of earings, I heard if you have that many your ears fall off, not sure if that's true though.

Also, I think it's a bit jumpy from 5th to 6th, he's hesitation is not very well explained, perhaps a full face scene? or am I being typical? . And I think I am being picky!!! trying to pick on little things, yes I am a lost cause.

hmm, really enjoying your work here, post more. with dialogues too..

cheers,

Min

forgot to add, any chance we might see some life drawing pencil stuff? I know you have a good style but just wondering if you have any other style hidden somewhere.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL, there is an extreme lack of diverse perspective in that piece.

I may post some pictures with dialogue in the near future...

Since I am bouncing off the walls waiting for Batman Begind tomorrow, I thought I'd start doing some Batman Villain Appreciation sketches. Here's the first. Gotta love Ivy.

And here's some more what-not. (Some consolidation from other threads and a little older stuff)

Last edited by attaya; June 28th, 2005 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    comics are awesome, lovin the girls!
    and great outline/marker work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Deez!

Here's another Bat related sketch.

Ras Al Ghul is the friggin' man..even though this is way too cartoony, even for me. Haha.

Last edited by attaya; June 28th, 2005 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's one I did a few minutes ago by request. Enjoy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, nice super girl. does her left arm look slightly shorter than her right? or am I seeing things. looking good as usual. Haven't seen batman yet, hopefully this weekend. post more!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very, very nice.
    the style in these is fantastic, and the form is expressed so well with only a few different lines. i wanna see how you do realism, also! i think that'd be quite interesting.. hehe
    well, keep it up-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Odds
    very, very nice.
    the style in these is fantastic, and the form is expressed so well with only a few different lines. i wanna see how you do realism, also! i think that'd be quite interesting.. hehe
    well, keep it up-

I seriously need to get around to doing some more realistic pieces. I have a few but I am not at all satisfied with them. Oy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So many projects! Right now, adding inks to that Supergirl.

My CoH sketch is now in glorious color! Enjoy. (I even fixed the arm!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, hmm don't remember seeing those catwoman batman stuff. Love how you do your lines, such confidence. The last colouring turned out pretty cool, what did you use to colour it? PS? or painter? Did you use magic wand? just wondering it seems you got some white spots here and there.

Yeah would love to see some realistic drawings too!

cheers,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Marry me please...

Actually, I'm just kidding about that, but your art and art style are something I have admired. I can't place it (because I'm pathetic that way) but I just love that stuff and I wish I could get you to draw some stuff for me. I'm sure you get that all the time. Anywho, thanks for posting your talent.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wonderful line work, I like your clean lines and facial expressions in your work. very awesome stuff, keep posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by thelightshines
    Actually, I'm just kidding about that, but your art and art style are something I have admired. I can't place it (because I'm pathetic that way) but I just love that stuff and I wish I could get you to draw some stuff for me. I'm sure you get that all the time. Anywho, thanks for posting your talent.

Aww, you're a sweetie. Thanks for the compliments.
    If you ever do want anything drawn, I take commissions. (Or trades and such)
    If I'm not swamped, I sometimes just do requests.

Thanks again! More will be posted very soon ^_^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by bumskee
    hey, hmm don't remember seeing those catwoman batman stuff. Love how you do your lines, such confidence. The last colouring turned out pretty cool, what did you use to colour it? PS? or painter? Did you use magic wand? just wondering it seems you got some white spots here and there.

Yeah would love to see some realistic drawings too!

cheers,
    Oh, I used PS. I didn't use the magic wand but it was a quick job. I may have missed a little. Thanks for pointing it out though. I will correct it soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.