Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

Yay Attaya's Sketchbook! [Updates! 06-28]

These are a few of my little stress relievers...actually quite a few of them. I hope you enjoy. C&C welcome.

The following images were commissions I took to benefit the Alzheimer's Association Greater Maryland Chapter. Thanks to the Bendis Board for their generosity towards a worthy cause!

Last edited by attaya; June 28th, 2005 at 10:22 PM.
    Undumb! Unimpaired! Untroubled!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    awsome style!.. beautiful girls + lines.

really like the 4th one from the top.

Thanks
    Very cool. Stylish yet realistic, nice work.

The second image really stands out for me. The chin, though, seems to be at a weird angle compared to the face to me. Looks a little too slanted.

Overall, these are awesome sketches. Post some more, I'd really like to see more from you!

Ian

Last edited by IanE; June 9th, 2005 at 01:32 AM.
    Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    fantastic. i dont know what to say. i see you are into comic books. have you done pages? if that is what you want to do than start posting them!

my book

Thanks
    Hey, thanks so much guys! I certainly appreciate the compliments.
    I will be sure to post some of my sequentials tonight and hopefully more sketch fodder.

Off to woik for now. ^_^

Thanks

Book of Blue Updated 06-09-2005

Updated 06-09-05

Here are some of my sequential pieces in various stages of completion. Some have empty letter boxes/word bubbles. I've removed the dialogue for these posts. The only pages in any sequence are the first two. Hope you enjoy, C&C welcome and appreciated.

I added a picture of the Scarecrow in here too. Yay Batman!

Last edited by attaya; June 9th, 2005 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks
    Nice line work! the figures look very fluid and nothing to crit from me. oh actually, the third page, that's a fighting scene right?? As compared to the first I think it really lacks dynamics, very bland. Maybe something fast happens on the next page? It's really hard trying to figure out the story just by looking at the picture... first page is really awsome, great expression.

hope to see more!

Thanks
    Thanks bumskee, the reason that I didn't finish the third one down was precisely the problem you indicated. I couldn't get the scene to flow from one panel to the next. The page after is basically more fighting...I can't seem to find it in my files right now.

I may have to revisit this one just to see if it could be salvaged.

Thanks
    City of Heroes is fun. Fun fun fun. Anyhoo, here's a sketch I just did. It's 4 in the morning and this is what I do when I can't sleep...oy.

Last edited by attaya; June 28th, 2005 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks
    It's pretty damn good for someone who can't sleep.. I think you have more talent up your sleeve than you may think or what I think. I really envy how you show so much form with just few lines, good solid drawing. Guess it comes with practice. He's right arm does seem a little short, I wouldn't know why, but it looks that way.

Would love to see the other page after that one. I haven't drawn a comic myself so I wouldn't know how to make it flow more naturally but perhaps look at some clips and see how they make the scenes flow more naturally. The reason I made that comment about the third is because compared to the first where you have portrayed the mood/feel with different sized boxes and crops, the third is very structured?. I just think if for fighting it should be lot more dynamic, chaotic? even. But like i said don't know what happens after that so maybe you got it all laid out afterwards.

Maybe another scene before the 3rd of the third page just to initiate the fighting scene? it's a bit jumpy after they stand and then suddenly already at each other. The pace is rather fast I think.

ok, enough ranting, they look really good nonetheless and look forward to seeing more! ~

Min

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bumskee
    It's pretty damn good for someone who can't sleep.. I think you have more talent up your sleeve than you may think or what I think. I really envy how you show so much form with just few lines, good solid drawing. Guess it comes with practice. He's right arm does seem a little short, I wouldn't know why, but it looks that way.
    I really appreciate the compliment. To tell the truth, I am usually not happy with a lot of drawings because they don't contain enough lines. It seems like a lack of substance to me...but then sometimes it works. When I try to add to most of them it only seems to muddle the product. I'm still looking for a happy medium.

Now that I'm awake and looking at it, the arm does seem wrong. I'll fix that before it goes under the ink.

Would love to see the other page after that one. I haven't drawn a comic myself so I wouldn't know how to make it flow more naturally but perhaps look at some clips and see how they make the scenes flow more naturally. The reason I made that comment about the third is because compared to the first where you have portrayed the mood/feel with different sized boxes and crops, the third is very structured?. I just think if for fighting it should be lot more dynamic, chaotic? even. But like i said don't know what happens after that so maybe you got it all laid out afterwards.

Maybe another scene before the 3rd of the third page just to initiate the fighting scene? it's a bit jumpy after they stand and then suddenly already at each other. The pace is rather fast I think.

Min
    It is a bit of an awkward flow. There was a setup page before that but I can't put my hands on it at the moment. It is very bland for a fight scene, you're right there. I think the only thing I like about it is panel 3-not the whole panel- just the assassin's back. I like that unnatural curve.

I'll make an effort to find some of my other fight scene pages and compare them. For now, tropical storm Arleen is staring at me from the gulf. I've gotta go laugh in her face.
    Taa-taa and take care

Thanks
    Ahh, the happy medium, that's the secret we all hope to find. I know what you mean though, too much and suddenly it seems to have lost the plot, too less and you are just not happy. something I need to work on too, but I think I am a lost cause.

Yes, the assasins back looks very good, in fact all the characters are well drawn, rendered and in great shape. But the question is, overall it doesn't quite work well for the story you are trying to tell I guess. Bah, you know it's still damn good so don't worry too much about it.

Hope to see more!

cheers,

Min

Thanks

cool

heh, nice stuff here.

love your line quality, and that scarecrow is Kick-ass.
    my only crit would be that some times, it looks like your upper-arms and hands are out of proportion.

keep it up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.