Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: fjgc - misc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool fjgc - misc.

NEW STUFF AT LAST PAGE!

The images that were in this first post are going to the next one.

later,
    GriNGoLoCo

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by GriNGo; March 8th, 2010 at 03:20 AM.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy fuckin chaos, you crammed a lot in on these peices of paper. Something about the 3rd to last peice that I really like a lot. Its like there is a story going on in each peice. I find it very intriguing. They all have a very mysterious feel to them. I would almost like to see them larger, with more details, but stay in black and white ink.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well if it is'nt my fellow TD competitor

I thought you quited the idea of a sketchbook! Well good to see you have a new one

You've got some nice ideas going there, and pretty vivid sketches. Now I'm wondering how a more "finished" sketch would look like. Looking forward to your next update.

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    now let's see who makes "shitty progress stuff" and who doesn't...

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the difference is that mine wont be THAT shitty

i'll post my todays sketches later! most likely tdome practice stuff.

later,
    GRINGOLOCO

EDIT HERE IS THE STUFF OF MY FIRST POST, check it out. I put it here cause I want a little thumbnail for my thread...
    the first too pages of this new "stuff".

A quick self portrait not alike at all...

the most recent pages. done in the course of this week. the last page is a bunch of quick concepts for a battle i'm a part of (against ICEMOON).

each of these pages is an a4... the drawings are small, but each of them take about 3-4 minutes to do... so i usally take a good time on each page :p i hope i can show you anything new later on.

Last edited by GriNGo; August 17th, 2006 at 01:58 AM.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice start... looking forward to seeing more. I know I have a hard time filling up the pages... I have to work on that.
    Do you do those as warm-ups? If so, can we see what you warm up to?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello there. You cram a whole lot of stuff on each page.. And what is that pink stuff you use to color them? Is it marker?

You seem to have a pretty good sense of form but your linework could be better. You seem to have a slight problem deciding where the lines should go which gives your drawing a very big sketchy look, sometimes it is difficult to see what things are and seperate them...

But hey, that comes with practice... Show us more progress stuff and we´ll show you how usefull sketchbooks can be.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yo gingoloco, good to see you giving the sketchbooks another try. Hope you don't mind me posting a little feedback here.

you got lotsa energy going on here, I like your linework the most when you switch to that weird quasi-cross hatching style that you use in the self portrait (and also in the little corner drawing of the guy with the gasmask thingy). I can see that linework technique being refined into a really definitive, and cool, look for your work.

Anyway, keep it up dude.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

damn this was long to write...

Smitherines - Thanks for your comments man Yes, initially i usually tried to draw one or 2 "complex" drawings in one page, but then i said FUCK IT! it was a waste of space and ideas.... now i just draw whatever my mind is coming up with.... and draw and draw some more And yes, black and white kicks ass... i'll stay with it at least through this summer... I'm going to make a comic for this contest here in my country, and I'll be practicing and trying different styles that can possibly go with it.... but the black and white will be defenite... be tuned for an excercise comic I'm making! i'll show you progress soon....

IceMoon - thanks man! i'll try to post as often as possible... the COOL stuff... and about finished pieces... i'll try to concentrate on one or two tomorrow, so you guys can give some crits.

glikster - thanks for the comment! i would consider that I do permanent warm ups. which pisses me off, as I told IceMoon above, I'll try to come up with some better sketches to show off... not just warm ups.

talmir - teh ENEMEH! nah just kidding man thanks for posting the comment! that "pink" stuff are the warm gray shades of prisma color markers. they kick ass! at least i love them for sketches... allows me to give them a quick tone to my stuff, without making much ink lines. about my linework, yes it can be MUCH better... i hope that i gain better control and "finnesse" over them as soon as possible... and yes sketchbooks are usefull. a very bad experience with them in the past though... and it's a hell-lot-of-work!

was checking out lung_bugs old sketchbook... damn. I'm jealeous someday I'll catch him! i swear! very good ideas, very nice line work, very kick ass stuff... i wish him the best!

- first my updated last page i showed you yesterday. now it's finished... it's pretty much a big pile of you know what... but i'm kinda proud of the bigger sketch in the bottom section... i'll see if i start some work on the "grand" version tomorrow... sketches, but more complete ones:

- now the SELF PORTRAIT... gotta say, i like how it turned out the text was added in Photoshop... i did it for a little comp between me and a friend of mine.

- another two showoffs. the last one are real life portraits of my dad and brother, while we were watching the great Argentina vs Brasil soccer game tonight... kick ass soccer! now i hope you like em.

later!
    GRiNGoLoCo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    woah, simultaneous postings. I agree the bigger sketch on that one page is stronger. The grey around it brings it out more too. The sp is cool, though, you look like wolverine in it.

hey, i saw an oil thread of yours awhile back... any of that stuff floating around?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    come on gringo... stop the autoglorification and put someting real in the sketchbook, someting like the selfportrait (very good job), not 10000000000000000000 small pages whith endless drawings and 0 anatomy (is a good exercise anyway)

-THE EDUARDISTS-

6sinsacar <------ the best crosshatching stuff i ever see
    Jorge2k <------ my sketchbook
    Jorge2k <------ photography work
    GringoLoco <------ some 2D duckies

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great sketchbook. only thing i can say is that i would like to see how you handle a finish, but thats for another thread.

my book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, as a member of your Sketchbook Support Group now...
    Nice new SP and nice portrait of your dad.
    I'm the getting the impression looking in here, though, that you do the same thing I do sometimes: when you're not sure about something you just throw a million lines at it and hope it goes away. I keep doing that and I'm trying to get away from it. Like the head of that guy holding the sword and on some of the small sketches.

Great work! Keep posting!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi ,

Very promising what i see here...
    i like your line quality and those pages filled with little sketches are fun!

I would like to see you do a fully rendered drawing , see how that turns out.
    That last SP reminds me of Snake of Metal gear solid somehow, hehe
    little crit : although those filled pages are fun to look at. I somehow loose track. There isn't a place for my eye to rest on those. Crowded drawings are tricky cause you've got to somehow get a focal point in there and its often difficult not to loose your composition.
    I would also vary the line weight more and nock in some values and shadows here and there.. Maybe even render out one of the figures more then the other to get the attention, --- focal point

Anyway , good stuff , keep em coming
    Tom

www.tomvandewouwer.com

"There is no such thing as 'accurate drawing'. There is beautiful
    drawing, and ugly, and nothing else." JAD Ingres, Ecrits sur l'art
    (1780-1865)"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This isgood gringo, quite unique style for sure. especially if u develop it somewhat. Similar to a german artist called Egon shciele, you might look up his work you might like it.

Some of your faces come out like that last SP, quite expressive, they look nice. Would be nice for some of that in more of your normal drawings.

I think one thing is to work on anatomy somewhat, in places you can see where its off. Studies in your style should look interesting, in terms of whole body shots.

Good luck, and keep it up dude... Ill be here pestering you if u dont .

lol.. Andy.

Andrew Porter - Andy - Phandy - PHATandy

www.phandy.co.uk

BLOG

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like most of your drawings. All strokes are drawn confidently and fast, I rally like that. I would like to be able to draw so nice with a pen

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

11th june portrait.

blankslatejoe - thanks for the comments man! all my other postings, i think i deleted all that stuff from my photobucket account... so the thread still exists, but you wont see anything. sorry. the same goes for my old online sketchbook. thanks for the wolverine comparision

jorge2k - you suck (he's a personal friend of mine). he has this "i know everything" attitude...

evidence - thanks for the comment man! you're sketchbook is great too! i hope i can post something finished soon.

glikster - thanks for the comment! i tend to like to draw "dirty" stuff, hence all that unnecssary linework in most of my stuff. Still i like it

Art_Addict - thanks for your focal point tip man! i'll really like to keep that in mind from now on. and thx for the solid snake comparision

PHATandy- hey man thanks for your comment. and thanks for naming Egon Schielle! I checked out his works and they turn out to be a style i most definetly like! I promise i'll do some anatomy studies this week.... to show off.

Ivan.R - dont get discouarged man! the pen is as easy to start with as pencil. you've got to be more careful though.. or else the drawing could get very fucked up. thanks for your comment! and by the way, I'll try to post as "daily" as possible.... sometimes i really just dont have time to scan and post em but i assure you i draw everyday.

-_________________-
    11th June Update

well fellas, sorry for not daily posting. I just suck at that. Well anyways, let me tell you what i have been doing for the last days. First of all, my relationship with my girl just turned 11 months old, so I had to prepare something special. I spent too days making a nice little present for her, with some special illustrations included. 4 of them. they are simple, but took some time to make.... and that was not the only gift i "made", so you get the point. so that's the main reason of not having posted much. I would've posted them, but she has them now :p so duh. I also filled a page in a bus, but as the bus is very "shaky", you could guess the results of it... a complete shit fest. The only thing that I will show you is the last page i did today of the sketchbook, featuring a selfportrait of mine... the worst part of it, is that it turned out very good (but i dont like it, cause i look too gay in it) so i'm fucked! no more gay portraits EVER!.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your sketchy style... I would like to see more though ! Very cool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I know how much time it takes scanning, optimizing, uploading, and posting. It sometimes takes more time than drawing a new picture.

The men on the lower part of the paper looks quite well drawn. Once again I admire your work with the pen. But the face of the upper part looks a bit strange to me, I find that the mouth is not drawn quite correctly. You have drawn it in a quite extreme perspective that does not corresponds to the face. The hair does not look to me like hair at all. It seems to me like something flat put on top of the face. Maybe you should have used more curvy lines to achieve more believability.

You should give me some tips how to use the inky pen so well as you do!
    I hope that you will spare some time to post some new drawings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't agree with Ivan altough the drawing is still up for improvement i think.
    The hair is a nice touch. I doesn't look like real hair , no , but it's obviously done this way on purpose. So illustration wise i think it looks good. The focal point now are the eyes of the top head, no doubt about that. Then your eye wonders of to the lower right face and then to the lower left of the drawing . So it's well readable now, good composition. Much better then the ones above i think.
    The one thing i don't like is how you shadowed the above face. Not so subtle, man. For inspiration i suggest you look at pen drawings from El Coro. Those are the bomb!!
    I'm gonna try those inks and pens you suggested too..

Anyway, nice drawing
    Tom

www.tomvandewouwer.com

(1780-1865)"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool work men... and you suck too my friend ^^

you should do somethin "big"... a full rendered ilustration.

-THE EDUARDISTS-

6sinsacar <------ the best crosshatching stuff i ever see
    Jorge2k <------ my sketchbook
    Jorge2k <------ photography work
    GringoLoco <------ some 2D duckies

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool sp...gives a good sens of character... I don't think the radial hatching in the hair works too well, but that's just my take. I like how you cram an insane amount of stuff into every page.

Not sure why I thought of this, but you might get a kick out of James Callahan's inkwork. It's tough to find his stuff, but if you go to http://www.oddgodpress.com/ and click on the strange detective tales comic, you can see a couple of his pages. Lots and Lots of detail fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alisa - Thanks for your comment!
    Ivan.R - Welll, the mouth looks odd, cause I put it in a strange position, leaning towards the right part of my face.... i rather feel it's donde decently... but anyways, the goal would be that nobody who sees it, it will look well to all those minds. I need to practice more :p Thanks for keeping on posting.
    Art_Addict - I was trying to go for a normal approach in shadowing. with the ink pens it resulted difficult. I'll keep practing more to see which method is better for me at the end. Thanks for posting! By the way, i tried to check out Coro's inks, but couldn't find any.... if you can link me to the thread.. I would appreciate dearly.
    blankslatejoe
    cool sp...gives a good sens of character...

I also dont think the radial crossing of my hair worked well, but anyway, it was an experiment... that's the goal in this sketching stravaganza. sketch anything you can think of. And thanks for the link man! I checked out James work and it was great.

Here is a page i made. i tried a more "artsy" approach, with all those strange human forms.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's easier to look on his site for those, not on the boards.
    Coro's site with direct link to some ink pages : Coro's inks

Enjoy !

www.tomvandewouwer.com

(1780-1865)"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff again man, i think you need to work on the actual human face some more, as in skull/planes of the face, so when you do your facial drawings (which you do alot of) you can atleast make them correct anatomically. Also with some of the rendering, try to spend more time working the lines for the values in, not just scribbling.

Like in your SB, i thought was very good but the light rendering on the face was to muhc scribbling and took something out.

Good work tthough keep it up.

Andy.

www.phandy.co.uk

BLOG

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can see some very nicely drawn tiny details. In contrast the 3 big heads are drawn very loosely and there are no details on them. Maybe you want to pop them up but I think that the consistency of the drawing is lost that way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

June 16th

Art_Addict: thanks for the link man!
    PHATandy: in this case, i wanted the faces to be weird looking and i also agree with your rendering suggestion. I'll try to spend more time on the newer pages. Thanks for posting!
    Ivan.R: Thanks for your comments man! I was very lazy with this page :p

Photo and mental studies of women. The small ones are my "inventions".

My TD entry against Icemoon. The topic is: Future Warrior with a distinct ancient influence. Here are the progress shots, and the final corrected and edited version (using Photoshop):

Here is the link the TD thread, so you can vote (but not yet, since Icemoon hasnt submitted his entry yet ) : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46340

later people!
    GriNGoLoCo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first stage of the gladiator looks very well, but I don't like so much the finished one. I think that too many details are lost in the final version. I would never be able to recognise the sword without looking the first picture. How did you managed to draw the gladiator, did you draw it lightly with a pencil or did you draw it directly with the pen?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great updates! The women show a lot of promise.
    The TD pic looks great in the finished piece, but the linework shows a lot of anatomy issues. The biggest problem is that he doesn't have a ribcage, but that's comflaged my the ink wash, but his legs are still too short. Also the wash hides the claw leg.
    Great concept, design and style!
    Keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent update.. like the study. but try not to scribble with those lines.. work in pencil first and then bring in the nice clean lines with the pen.. iot will look alot better for it. That TD entry is very good aswell.... i really like your use of lines and conntours on the armor..

good work man. keep it up.

www.phandy.co.uk

BLOG

SKETCHBOOK

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3