Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: fjgc - misc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

sketcher

bakatron - you're too kind!

recentley i've been into CA.org's sketcher.. it's pretty great place to hang out. The first is a solo i made (entirely from mind), and the next man is a collab with DIANTRES... collabing rocks!

Attached Images Attached Images    
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

more sketcher

Colored in PS

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    more sketcher... the blue sketch is mine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

moleskin and a painting... and help me with your vote...

here comes a batch of my favorite moleskin drawings so far... that lil' notebook is a blast to carry around. everybody should have one in my opinion. The last painting is an acrylic (like 80x50 cm or smething like that) which i did in about 4-5 hours for a workshop I won an entrance to called PLACE here in my hometown of Quito... which was actually a bigger collaborative project that happened throughout the world in different cities, organized by Barcelona design studio VASAVA... great project overall. & Last but not least please help my design win this t-shirt design contest by voting. I used my old bull character from last year, in attempt to make him progress into hi-end fashion () j/k.. if you vote, you have my thanks!

later,
    GRINGOLOCO

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Gringo! I dig your sketches, nice speed pen gestures, nice mood.
    Love the blue sketch!
    Keep it up! Cheers!

P.S. Good luck for the contest, you got my vote! Really like the bull!

Last edited by ICH; April 13th, 2008 at 06:26 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome pen sketches, man! Great line!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice stuff mate, keep with those studies. That one chick in pencils is fantastic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi gringo, loving your style its very loose and getting better with every page. nice to see someone working in pen too

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=120987

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, guys thanks for your comments:

ICH: thanks bro, and thanks for the vote! soon i think i'll add a pair of designs to see if i have any luck!
    ULVER: thanks bro! i'll try to improve..
    Goog thanks bro, that chick by the way is my gf
    hedwordup thanks for the comment man, improvement is the only option for me right now.

here come some new pen sketches... some new crazy ideas i have been doing. tell me what you think... oh and yes, i have the new bargue drawing course!!! i have been thinking of a way to work with it... an alternative way. i'll post details soon. later guys/gals!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It’s been a while since I’ve dropped by. I’m looking forward to seeing more of what you’re planning with the Bargue series. And the designs you posted back on Aug 14th are Great (I'm a little late getting to the party on that one).
    Rock on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for visiting my sketchbook. Nothing much to say. I really like your pen work and the artistic drawing of yours. Keep posting, wanna see more

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one... Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gringo, los ultimos sketches de moleskin se ven bastante interesantes, tienen su abstracion y buen uso de lineas para sombrear. Como sugerencia, de pronto puedes combinar diferentes colores de pluma, uno azul con un rojo, para anadir mas dimension. Sigue adelante!

SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very diversified and there are many work here, keep up studies :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

La momia de la san cristóbal | the mummy from san cristobal

thanks everyone for taking time in giving me your thoughts. what a wonderful community...

johanson -well basically, what I have been thinking about doing is trying to work with alternate mediums (at least initially) then what the course recommends (which is charcoal or pencils). I'm going to see if trying to copy the plates with inks or pens will produce the same learning experience. Also, I have this tendency to NOT erase when I make a mistake. I know that's an insult to the ACADEMY tradition that the book tieaches, but personally i like the results. I'm also interested in making the drawings quicker than what's standard. Frankly, my job as a freelancer and other duties will keep me from making one drawing in a timeframe of 2-3 weeks (or more). I'm not saying that's it wrong to make such long studies (if i had the free time, I'd certainly try to draw as patiently as possible), but right now I don't. That's my "alternative". I'll try to do my first plate in this week.
    yinteck - thanks, i'l keep posting, specially since DEEP is here sounds like a great contest.
    Maestro Andres - gracias hermano, muy buena sugerencia sobre intentar usar diferentes colores.. ya voy a conseguirme un esferito rojo o verde para ver que puede salir.
    Towarlock - thanks for thinking i'm diverse! and i will keep up the studies.

a rucar!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rock on, I think this will be a good project. Using alternate media should be effective. If anything having to push for the subtlety needed will help get an even finer control of your chosen material. Good stuff. I might disagree with you on the not erasing anything, but that’s just on personal preference. Right now I think I need to erase more. Then again, not ever erasing could over time make someone more efficient at drawing. If you can’t erase then you have to train yourself to get it right the first time.

Sounds like you’re going in for DEEP. It sounds rad. I’m trying to decide if I have the 110% needed to devote to it.

take it easy,
    -andrew

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    johanson - you're right about erasing.. i think eventually i'll have to force myself to do it. right now I'm in 7 saturday painting course, and our instructor was really strict about getting the drawing right. at first it was awkward for me to erase... but then i started to see the useful ness of it.. and then the drawing started to get better! oh well... at least with other mediums I won't erase as much (pens, inks, etc).

about deep i started sketching stuff but got DEEPLY frustrated on my lack of creativity on the subject.. i simply suck at making creatures for the moment.. and the job has been getting in the way, so maybe I'll try to do something for future contests. thanks for passing by bro... the bargues will be coming soon!

hey some updates.. small sketches and experiments (PS!) the first two are a pair of ghostly people, and the last is an experiment in shapes, colors, fractals, filters ( ) hahah..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man! Love the ghost guys! Keep it up!

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one... Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Estan buenos los fantasmas. Solo como idea, capaz para los fantasmas puedes tener los cuerpos espectrales pero con una cara mas definida. Claro es cosa cuestion de gusto pero es solo una sugerencia. Esos experimentos si pegan bien. Vamos a ver que sale de tu clase de pintura, se escucha bueno eso. Por cierto, poderosa esa camiseta que llevas. Viva la seleccion!

I like the ghosts a lot too. Just to throw in an idea, maybe you can have the bodies to be all ghostly while having the face more defined. Of course it is a matter of taste but just an idea Looking forward for your painting class project. BTW, that soccer jersey rules!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DEEPLY frustrated. HA, puns! I know what you mean. I bailed on DEEP too. I started to storyboard an intro to the world but then just stopped. Pure laziness I fear.

I dig the PS ghostly people, especially the second one. It looks like their almost made of birds or something. It might be interesting to see a collection of them made from different objects reflecting something about their life/personality. But that’s just me rambling.

Oh, and you should post up what you’re working on in the 7 Saturday painting course.

later,
    -andrew

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

ICH: thanks man!
    Maestro: jajaj gracias bro - la clase de pintura esta bien, estoy aprendiendo bastante sobre el oleo tradicional, y al mismo tiempo viendo mis falencias. ya sabesf, esa camisa es inmortal.. jajaj.
    johanson: hey man, thanks.. about bailing on Deep, last week i decided that i might give it a shot in some areas (more possible character design, industrial design, creature design and most importantly panel design). I got this general idea of a civilization called Abstracts, created, from a deep see mineral with miracoulous and still unkown properties. Way different from my initial frustration sketches: the idea is good (for me anyways), so maybe I will be submitting something after all!. I was kind of inspired from the ghostly people i made in the last post to start writing about this civilization... I have already done a but of sketches and stuff, but i can't find my moleskine to scan them and upload them: one thing is sure, more "ghostly" people will start to arrive soon I hope... i'm kind of concerned about the rules not making abstract figured beings, hopefully my creations won't be as abstract as to earn a disqualification... And the drawing I was making in the photo is from the first day at the painting course!

Now here comes some stuff from the painting course (an underpainting and the initial grayscale "conversion": the last stage which i'm currently repeating since the physical resemblance with the model is WAY off). And next, are my first mudbox sculptures, colored in Photoshop. Mudbox just kicks ass... so expect to see more experimentations using it. thanks for watching people!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the updated "grayscale" painting... now it looks much more similar to the model. The next two are some "teasers" for what I'm trying to do for DEEP... later today I'll post a major dump of sketches and ideas of what I have been thinking about my undersea "UTOPIA"...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, the "grayscale painting" is becoming great. Last step have a nice "real feeling". I dig the contrast and the intensity of the model's eyes.
    Glad to see your experiments whit mudbox. I'm tryng something similar whit ZBrush and it's totally funny! Your model are creeeepy, nice!
    Good luck for the chow, i see some interesting studies, keep posting!

Brashen is offline Ralph Abou Raad - Professional Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

MY DEEP stuff..

Well, I decied to do some pieces (CHOW & POW), on an underwater society I'm calling Abstract Ghosts. Basically, they were once humans, but who shipwrecked in deep seas. By contact with ABSTRACT ( a substance/mineral that essentially alters their physical and mental states to an ethereal almost inmortal, degree), they survived although not as normal human beings. Rarely seen by normal humans, the have become the masters of a once considered iun controllable entity. They don't procreate as normal surface humans do, their existance is basically based on the quantity of people who die for whatever reason at sea. Each person who dies at sea becomes on of them, due to unknown ETHEREAL properties of Abstract.

The first two are CHOW, then come some sketches and finally a POW entry. Not to much, but I liked how they turned out,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    che estan muy buenos los ultimos laburos que posteaste. los fantasmas estan muy interesantes.
    esperando la proxima subida...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DIMAGYAN - gracias hermano!

SPACE MAN GRINGO an excercise in composition and abstract shapes (sortof)..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Que bueno ver que te animaste a hacer el CHOW pana. Muy interesantes esas ideas y sketches. Los experimentos de Mudbox se ven interesantes, algo que podrias hacer es de eliminar los "hard edges" para que no se vea como una figura cortado. De todos modos, se ve muy bueno la ultima pintura y el nuevo update es una gran mejora sobre el anterior.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for visiting my SB.

You got very good sense for colors, and making a picture from anything.

Sometimes your figures are very fine, but sometimes seems that was hard to create them. Thats just a suggestion, but i think you should practice to draw with less lines sometimes, try to catch to forms to first (i am on that too at now).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo, Gringo! That "abstract" pages are great man! Love that ghosts sketches

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    esta muy bueno el ultimo...es interesante el rumbo que estas tomando dejando ver la abstraccion en las formas. pues nada, sigue asi!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3