Sketchbook: fjgc - misc. - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: fjgc - misc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the jan 23rd update was a nice one. nice pen work too.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, just returning your comment on my sketchbook. I enjoy your bold colour and typography sense and your delicious hatching style. Definite improvement throughout the course of this SB. Some of your eyes are out of alignment with each other however in some cases such as 'leighton1j' it looks quirky and cool.

Your gods at war entry was intriguing. I love the atmospheric ambience but I'm stumped as to the relative size of the deity and whether what i assume are stone knives are heading towards him or away (I assume away). Pointing his head in the direction he is attacking and possibly casting a shadow onto the temple would probably have helped a lot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

celebration!

Thanks for the input guys, well recieved specially from you Snarfevs. I'll try to get all your pointers to thought for round 2.

In the meantime, here comes a BEARDSLEY inspired drawing I just made. It's a design I came up for a friend, who's filming a short movie called "The Celebration"... if yo understand BEARDSLEY's stuff, then you get the mood of the film. Pure decadence. From conceptualization, research and this final inking, it has taken me about 4 hours to do. Damn long.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey my friend, great updates sice my last visit here.

i really like how you work with colors and your concepts are great and crazy sometimes.

Posting more please

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

i forgot....

thanks enthombed for your post! i forgot to show you guys a big drawing I'm working on. it's a3 300 dpi sized in PS: it's getting good! Here is the state until now, complete with a detail shot:

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

update!

Maybe I'll make the texture less strong, maybe not. birdies are on the way!

Last edited by GriNGo; March 13th, 2007 at 12:41 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

tauromaquia!

here is a color study for an printed ad i suggested at work. hopefully it will be accepted so i can start fleshing out the details.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

marionette man update

Ok here, is the comp study I decided to go for,and below is the actual progress. I'm quite unsatisfied with the tube thing on the wall, so that most possibly will change later. I still have a couple of pigeons to do, and add some finishing touches. Just for the note, this thing is being painted in A3 size, 300 dpi. About other things, yesterday I submitted my God of War Entry Round 2... I'll post it here once JLAlfaro creates the entry thread. And I have to do about 5-10 illos this week. So I'm fucked! but it will be fun..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post culmination

as promised:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here comes Puppeteer, end version. Original size: 55x37cm, 300 dpi. Tools used: Photoshop, and some refs. It probably is my best digital work yet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a quickie i was testing out in painter. from real life, just outside my window. 15-30 minutes, with artist oils and charcoal brushes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ball

another painter excercise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool brainstorm

cliché but cool! this is an a3 sized ink drawing, scanned in and colored experimentally in photoshop it was nice to work at, and looks even more kick ass at hi res.

chaosrocks is offline Environment of the Week Leader Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool
    your color handling is always so refresshing.
    beware the seductive surfaces in Painter
    they can start to look gimicky if you are not careful

chaos

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks chaos for your input. I will be more careful with those surfaces!

here is a beach sketch i made a few days ago in the beach. holy week vacations were a snap!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1175577239

you should think about interaction more!
    this picture is just "ball and man" not "man playing ball".
    just a thought!

cheers!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man thanks a lto for the comment in my SB! Really appreciate it. That Puppeteer is really nice, only thing I dont like as much as the rest of it is her foot. The pigeon closest to the viewer looks kind off wierd too, but keep at it! I looked at your website, some relly good stuff you've got there!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your tip Hurricane! I'll think about interaction more frequently, at least when illustrating people or characters. Sarcophagus, yes I know the foot stinks but it mostly due to my hard time in foot anatomy. Just need to practice and study it more. My next big illo will be better of course & I'm glad you liked my portfolio! For the moment I leave you with some flower studies I made with painter/photoshop combo... with some flickr refs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lovely drawings.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

painter!

costas - thanks bro!

some painter practice from yesterday and today! studies from real life. just in case: the lower three are some cloud/sky studies.

Last edited by GriNGo; April 15th, 2007 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the colors in the second cloud study http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1176687279. nice work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ham-e thanks for your input!

Here is a little teaser illustration from my Final Design Project, which is a book and a series of posters. I'm currently working on that full time. Once I finish I will show you the results!

later!
    GRiNGoLoCo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Viejas Cartas

A painter illustration I'm working on. Here is the initial phase of it. it has taken me a couple of hours so far. I'm working it at 300 dpi, 42x29,7cm in Painter, using charcoal and artist oils.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo GriNGO, nice work with the digi paint I especially like the two figures on the right hand side. But I have to tell you I like when you work like this http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1177656983 much better than the digis, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im really enjoying that last paint, it has a macbre feel to it, a totally cool mood.Nice detail on the faces also, althoughthe one on the left could do with a bit of tightening up.

Also Im loving your colour studies with the clouds, very nice, fresh.

The beardsley pience up the top could be worked on a bit particullaly the line-thickness, but the characters are quite like his. You've probably finnished working that one anyway.
    Well keep it uP!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ham-e thanks for your comments bro!. i like to practice "traditional" digis as well more experimental pieces... as more as I get to learn from both types of illustrations/paintings, the more I grow art-wise. You'll be see'ing a lot of both anyways, so it's better for all of us

Sybo thanks man! you got the mood alright. about the left face, i was also thinking it should be more realistic, but I then kinda liked the distorted feel it has to it.

for the moment, here is some abstract shape experimentation i did using zbrush... which i recommend everyone to get! the software's brush engine is just so full of possibilities, it's amazing that we don't have a zbrush subforum in here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Greetings, past Thunderdome rival. (That last sentence is funnier if you read it in a crappy cartoon villain voice). Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I’m really enjoying your sketchbook. It’s fun to see you trying these different approaches to your art. I’m looking forward to see what you do with Z-Brush, and those cloud studies are great.

Have a good one,
    -andrew

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Graphic Design Major - Final Project

Here are some illustrations from my final project class, to be able to graduate with a Graphic Design major. I designed, illustrated & wrote a book, which chronicles my life since I entered college (which was a theme imposed to us since the beginning). The portraits are of people from college that I met during these times and that in some way have influenced my personal development. The final format is a book of about 80 pages, A4 size, hardback white cover. It turned out excellent, and I will be officially be graduating this June the 2nd.

Here is the title design/illustration, & most of the portraits. Mixed Media, final tinkering done in Photoshop. Actual size (A3), (for possible exhibition purposes):

Last edited by GriNGo; May 23rd, 2007 at 03:15 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bläöblböbl lov ya pal, love your lines for sure!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jokisalo - thanks man!

long time no see... to begin, i have finally graduated from college, and have a BA in Graphic Deisgn, with some minors in Illustration and Fine Arts. Tomorrow I start work at an ad agency, hopefully with a lot of illustration jobs so I can practice. The past few weeks have been full of work and shit, like going to a Barron Storey seminar here in my hometown (he's a god among illustrators!), drawing in my sb, actually graduating (it's such a fuss in my college), and doing an abstract experimental comic for a contest in about 3 days... this is what I'm going to show you... I made a big image with all the pages so you can get a better reading experience (it's in spanish though, so tough luck!).

About the comic, well the title loosely translate into "The Most Beautiful Dream in the World". It's an actual dream that was written down upon waking up by a friend, called Santiago Soto. I changed the original text a little to make it more suitable for a comic strip. Last week on Monday I designed the layout of the images, and then by wednesday i started working on the illustrations, in a A4 sized format, 300 dpi. I finished by midday on Friday. The media is mixed, basically inks and digital stuff. Please click on the image below so you can see the readable (larger version). This is my first comic attempt and I have to confess that I enjoyed doing it alot.

Here is a pic of my final project, as proof that is printed.

& me goofing off with the Barron!

until next time...

Last edited by GriNGo; June 4th, 2007 at 12:28 AM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3