Sketchbook: fjgc - misc. - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: fjgc - misc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

June 24th

Ivan.R I drew it with a pencil first, lots of scribbling and shit, to get the main forms, then, i started using the ink pens to define the main lines, then i got a "thinner" ink pen and started drawing the more finite details. Before I screwed it all up with the ink brush though, i scanned it and corrected some stuff in photoshop, at 200 dpi. it helped a lot in the end. I just had to superimpose the final scan (the 2nd phase image) and go erasing and correcting some parts. In the end, I still like the piece thanks for your comments man!

gliksteryeah, what I can say. I just need to practice more and more anatomy :p thanks for the comments man!

PHATandyman, i just love scribbling with the ink pen! it just rocks... although sometimes it can be very perturbing thanks for the comments!

hello folks! sorry for not posting anything... been busy drawing! I've started a quest to draw all of burne hogarth's books that I have. Every illustration and drawing they contain. Good practice. I've started with Dynamic Figure Drawing, then I will go to the Head book, and then the Hands book. Here's one of my sketch pages:

Here's another SP, practice I did. I'll try to do a daily one from now on (hopefully I'll be able to post them) And yes, now I'm bald (kindof) :

Been reading lots of SANDMAN comics lately. Here's a concept inspiration sketch I started earlier today:

later,
    GRiNGoLoCO

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woo-hoo!! About time!! I felt very abandoned for a while there...

Those new studies and the SP are GREAT!! Are some of the torsos too long? I'm not good enough with anatomy to say for sure, but it seems like they are.

And I LOVE the Sandman comics. I have all of the Trade Paperbacks stored at my mother's house, but she just called and told me that a sink pipe burst and the ceiling fell in... I hope they're still all right...

He's got a big-ass hand there, actually I think the problem is that you drew his body from above, but the arm and hand seem to be on a different perspective...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

June 26th!

glikster thanks for the comment man! and i hope your sandman collection is allright. i still pretty much suck in perspective and anatomy, i try to get better evertime..

here is my finished sandman tribute! it took me like 4-5 hours to do this... including Photoshop time. I'll probably modify with more Photoshop madness later on.

later,
    GRiNGoLoCO

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

OMFG xXx

This is kinda sick (for me)

later,
    GriNGoLoCO

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, that's freaky...
    but nicely done!
    What happened to our Support Group?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's good to see you doing those hogarth studies. The way I've been taught to draw bodies is to start with a skeleton, rough in the ribcage, pelvis, spine and limbs then add flesh and stir. Try finding the skeletons in those hogarth studies first, then use your ref to help you flesh it out, keeping in mind the 3d forms. Sketching with felt tip pen(?) will make your rough skeletons more obvious so you might want to use pencil or ball point when doing that, that way you can keep your construction lines light.

Oh yeah, and if you don't post soon i'll come along with some plastic tubing and take a leaf out of your book.

Research shows Industrial Design of the Week is addictive.
    Come get your fix.

Sculpty Fight! - The Sculpt & 3D Challenge

Flipbook 2
    www.Philistine.com.au

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, GriNGoLoCo! Wow another ssg #6 member that is doing studies of Hoggarth's books! For now you are doing better than me but I will continue to draw from that book till I finally learn to draw the human body. The last drawing is well drawn but it is really nasty looking if that was your goal you have certainly achieved it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hola Gringo:

Great sketches, I gotta make myself doodle like that, the whole fill the page till there's no white left... It really is a discipline, after all this is about sketching! Love your line work, reminds me of Moebius. Check him out:

http://www.lambiek.net/moebius.htm

Btw, just joined SSG#6... so gonna post some work later today, and hopefully we can all get back in the groove.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

por fin carajo...

here are some SEMI-FINISHED stuff i want to show you, these are part of the midterm project of mine at school of my Illustration Class. We got a story from a book and started designing & drawing characters for it. It is a neat experience to say the least. Here are most of them:

Now comes my CHOW # 1 entry... done in about 2 hours, preplanning & thinking another 2 hours... it's a pretty great excercise, so I recommend everybody to go in and participate in CHOW if they have the chance:

I'll also be doing lost of PASTEL stuff, so I'll post some excercises soon. (have to take photographs of most of them! they are big!)

later,
    GRiNGoLoCo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that chow entry came pretty nice.. strong composition and that's an interesting use of grain/overlay effects. I hope you keep entering the minicomps on here!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude... thanks for stopping by my SB... do you have another one of these, or is this it? If it is, UP-FRIGGIN-DATE!

asoir is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah man! I remember this s/b, loved how he injected detail into stuff so well!
    Please update!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

UP-Friggin Updated!

Blankslatejoe - Thanks & I hope I find the time soon to do so!
    Glikster! - Yes this is the one! & I hope I will be post more often
    Asoir! Thanks a lot man! Keep up with your practicing, you'll get far man.

____-
    To resume, I have changed my major's carreer from animation to design. so that may be the biggest reason why I havent posted anything in a long friggin time. I'm also started to enter the world of "art"... like museams & shit, & i'm currently preparing myself for my first big expo here in my hometown of Quito. I will show you some of that stuff as it comes along.. the expo is in 3 weeks. For the moment, let me show you some of my stuff from the last 3 months. I consider them more personal studies on discovering a style... I think i'm nailing it somewhat for the moment. Hope you like!

Identity Design (this is for a SP mod i have been involved with for the last 2 years or so. This is the main logo).

Greetings!
    GriNGoLoCo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that last bunch of pen drawings is killing me man. love their warpedness and character.

keep it up

Last edited by tensai; March 6th, 2006 at 03:18 AM.
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet stuff! That 2nd pic in this last batch is awesome!
    definitley keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pretty interesting style. Really like the earlier pages. All the stuff you put in them
    Those last updates look good also, the one with ramiro written on the right shoulder reminds me alot of Quino's drawings, not for the artistic side but for the technical side...Dunno if you heard about him.
    Anyway, your doing some cool stuff, keep us posted with your new discoveries

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...sp8dejunio.jpg <--- sweet! Been obsessing over inks lately, so I'm gulping this down like a madman. Did you use a brush pen for this one? Also like how you incorporate text in most of your stuff. Good stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

march 13th, mega update?

tensai - thanks for your comments. it's a real honor to have them, really. i love your city compositions, you're projects are absolutely gorgeous.
    glikster - thanks my man for your kind words. kick ass.
    Recursive_End - heya man, thanks for your comments. Yes I've heard a lot of Quino, and maybe I can say he has been an inspiration since my earlier highschool days? I just love his storytelling abilities, and his inking and character design style is just, his. Mafalda and his other own stuff just is top notch. And since I read it in the newspapers nearly every day then, i think I like it. And up & discovering I'll go!
    Lukavi - wow man, i never expected your reply. It's an honor aswell to hear from you. The text incorporation is more like certain design elements I try to blend in with the illustration. Just for fun & practice.

__________-

Well, about the update. Here are some pastel stuff I have been doing. The portraits are oldish stuff, each one of them sizing A3 or bigger on average. These portraits are from the last year.

This one below is a study, referenced from a photo.

Self Portrait:

Now comes some 2006 stuff.
    This is a design illustrationI submitted to a contest, it's quite big (60x99cm) on original scale. I was finalist in the contest (honor mention). The piece is entitled "มngel de la Guard". Translated it means "Guardian Angel":

Now here comes stuff I did in the last week since posting: Here is an illustration piece I have called "KIDDY PLANE". It's also like 60 x 99 cm in dimensions, and I finished it in about 8 hours straight working. It has pastel & acrylics painted on it: Here is a progress sequence you can check out:

1)
    2)
    3)

Now here comes a self portrait I did yesterday. I did it with inks & brush (markers) The actual size is 65x50 cm or so. I really like how it turned out. Hope you guys like it aswell:

later,
    GRiNGoLoCo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gringo a lot of very nice work in that last post. I like your ink work a lot it's very expressive. The color work is also very well done but "Angel de la Guard" just stands out as very different from the rest. It has a very graphic appeal to it.

Solid work keep at it.

Perdona que no tengo tiempo para darte una buena critica. Te la debo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeo gringo! remember u beat me in a lil thunderdome long time ago? im callin you out again to see what i can do competitionwise now... you up for it!?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, nice stuff! you've got a really nice style; freaky but it's really expressive. the pastel portraits look great, and I like that one piece with the ship and all the little guys around it. great usage of color btw, looks like you understand color nicely. keep at it man, it's looking great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gringo tu si eres LOCO

Anthony Camilo
    "Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" – Confucius

Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sick shit bro. i like the colors

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lotta great stuff here, cool colors especially. This one's my favorite: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...kiddyplane.jpg

A lot of your human figures and look a bit off, not as good as certain others demonstrate you're capable of. Some of them are pretty obviously intentionally off, but sometimes I can't tell whether you're being disturbing or lazy

Great work on the whole, though.

Thanks for stopping by my book.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks for the comment. diggin your style. what kinda pen you use. i need to get some pens. really like the guys from post #39. especially like mula! angel de la guard is really sweet too!

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man. really like the logo . keep em coming.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey cool,
    my grandfather was from Quito Equidor as well!
    small world

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff !
    I like the style you have. And the portrait serie in warm colors. And the old man in grays.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

‡‡‡‡ BoneDaddy ‡‡‡‡

Lots of style here <> great verve and energy

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3