Sketchbook: fjgc - misc. - Page 10
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: fjgc - misc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hola don Gringo! buenos trabajos se nota el progreso. la ultima mastercopy ta de pelos!

Saludos!

(PD: tengo super varado mi SB acá )

Sorry for my bad english.
    My Webpage | My SB | My DA | My Blog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The last post is great, i like the style. and great master study too.
    Keep them coming !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hola Gringo!
    Esos trabajos con tinta son muy buenos. Me gusta el tratamiento oscuro que le das a los dibujos de estilo épico... y el trabajo de anatomía realmente llamativo, con esa apariencia neblinosa.
    Me pasaré por aquí amenudo..Sigue así man. keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

update...

Dian3 - gracias bro, seguiré practicando!
    Yinteck - Thanks man!
    Ricardo Robles - Gracias loco, lindos comentarios! hacen que uno quiera seguir dibujando

Well, here is a small update - haven't had the chance to illustrate as much as I would like to in the past month - I have been full of graphic design work. Anways, I had the chance to make an illo for a local band called Vedette - I put a thread up over at the critique center here, so go there if you want to check out the progress.

Here is the first drawing I scanned from my big SB, and the second one is the final version. As you can see, it came a far way until it's current status. Hopefully no more changes will be necessary. Hope you like

Attached Images Attached Images    
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GriNGo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh I like! I like! the colors you slapped on her just made the piece come alive!
    it's a visually active piece but not too much that it hurts the eyes...nicely done!

I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204

MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Che Gringoloco, te estás yendo al carajo con algunos de estos estudios.
    Aunque me parece genial tu approach al figuarativismo, me sigue gustando tu forma de distorcionar las cosas cuando hacés esas ilustraciones geniales, como la saga esa que tenés en el post 270, que es increíble. Los colores de esa saga de dibujos son lúgubres y sombríos. Perfecto manejo de al paleta, y buenas curvas (me encantan los firuletes que le hiciste a las olas). El mejor de esos que te digo, me parece el segundo, donde se ve una zapatilla y un reloj.
    El post 256 también me parece que se destacó bastante, y la caricatura al revés tiene algo que me parece muy atractivo.
    Me encanta de cualquier forma que estás tomando algunos riesgos, explorando nuevos caminos, no hay nada mejor que eso.
    LA mejor de las suertes maestro!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    angry filipino -thanks for the compliments man, I'm in the process of making a panoramic composition.. i'll post the progress soon enough..

lenno -- gracias por tu comentario. mis "investigaciones" sobre el figurativismo son más que nada para aprender.. de ahi como tu dices, es verdad que me encanta romper las formas. sigo aprendiendo...

hey, CA, long time no see.. i have worked alot in the past months, even participated in a group expo.. so here is a teaser of whats to come. This is the current update of another Mariano fortuny study I'm doing: hope you dig.

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man!!!! it sure took long enough for you to update!
    another wonderful master copy from you makes it worth the wait.
    ( I haven't gotten to doing those master studies myself, i'm ashamed to say..)
    Good to have you back!

I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204

MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man! Love to watch your skills increasing!
    Dig that last one. Just, some little white strokes can give a lot of benefits in short time, expecially on the quadriceps/knee area. Also, moving a little up the right nipple (in the left of the picture) can give more perspective armony.
    Just my two cents.

Nice to ear that you work a lot! Keep posting, buddy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the angry filipino - thanks for the compliments man.. I've been so full of work and shit, it's been hard to find time to post adequately. I have a lot of stuff for you to see and critique. hope i dont dissapoint.

ICH - hey bro, thanks for the tips bro! i'll keep them in mind when doing that study.
    __

Hmm here goes something different. For the past month or so I've been doing this personal project of drawing daily CDs.. (which stands for Caras Diarias, or Daily Faces in english), a series of experiments with illustration. This project is nonstop... you can check out the whole series in my blog. Here are some for you to see (these were done at a recent trip i had to the beach). As you can see.. these are all about experimentation. The first two were done with ink on my moleskine, and then scanned and colored in PS. The last of the bunch is actually a photo of a drawing i did in the wet sand. Nothing escapes my drawing wrath. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

blah!

Update - The Fortuny Study #3 is Finished, and a couple of new cds for your enjoyment - Also check out my thread of 3 rejected pieces over a the Finally Finished forum (now with an extra 2 approved pieces): http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2222644

see you around!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Fortuny #4

Study Finished! My best one yet i think... what do you say? On to number 5!
    10-12 hours on photoshop.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Number 5 - it's taken 2 hours so far (maybe a bit less). I think I'm way more advanced than the other ones, cause, in this one i started with a foundation drawing. The other ones were more like blocking in shapes and shadows and lights from the start... let's see if i can finish it in another 2 hours.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    got interested in coloring today aswell.. a cartoonish SP (from photo), about an hour. in PS.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    these master copies are amazing!!! I like your work better

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Really beautifull work the studies are amazing an the life of your own work is wicked' an i remeber the cd cover it turned out great!!! Keep up the goods

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one... Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excelente trabajo loco! Those master studies are paying off. A slight thing to consider is to check your horizontals and verticals once in a while, to get more accurate proportions. Nevertheless, like your style on the last one. Sigue adelante pana.

SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Painter+PS excercise... Abstract Expressionist.

kelly x - thanks for passing by!
    Grandmassa Mr. Spect - thanks bro!
    Maestro Andres - gracias hermano! las verticales tengo que fijarme un poco más, solo he revisado los horizontales. gracias por el consejo!

Here's an excercise I did.. started with painter, colored pencil, then artists oils.. just playing with the brushed. Then I took it to PS to finish it off. Like the texture that Painter give it, and i like the polished look I can achieve with PS. What do you think about it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

here is an update of the last fortuny. I worked on it another 2 hours. It's looking good I think: i have to work on the feet some more though. The second colored piece is a study from photo I tried to do in Painter & Ps... it was quick, about an hour. I have an expo on Monday, so I'll be posting more info about that soon. later people...

GRINGO

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

MORE!!!

Here is Mariano #5 finished. Hope you like. Next ones will be done in Painter... let's see if I can achieve a more natural look there.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    WOW THE GIRL IS HOT''' an the master copy RRRRRRRROOOOOCCCKSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks grandmassa for the support!

Update on the sixth copy. painter is a bitch to control... it just feels like.. traditional tools almost.. I'm going to finish this in PS. So far about 4-5 hours:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff bro!, you know Im a big fan of your style man, that gal with the glowing eyes is fan-fuken-tastic!

tus estudios de maestros estan increibles, sigue adelante.

-El Joe

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

25. The Following User Says Thank You to JL.Alfaro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been away from CA for a while. It's always fun to drop by and see what you've got cookin. Never really know what you're going to get. I'm especially digging this one, this one, and this one.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to johanson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, and good work rocking the master copies.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Master copy galore!

JOE - A seguir adelante se ha dicho! thanks for the support bro!
    JOHANSON - Thanks for stopping by man! I'm glad you liked them (it's an honor from someone who beat me in LMS )

updates on the fortuny, and a quickie (1 hour), ps study I did today. The original author is named Leon Bonnat (amazing french painter!).

The fortuny study has been harder than I thought. I believe I'm about 4-6 hours into it, and painter has been a BITCH to control. Still, the look of it is very nice, and at least for me, those textures would have been harder to make in PS. In the end, I have decided that I'll put the finishing touches in PS.

The lady study is inspired by a chat with my friend Bushido, and also by the recent Zhanglu vid I got.. very informative! This thread is going to be all about master copies for a long time... I have also made some other illustration stuff that I'll post as soon as I get the respective approval... thanks for passing by!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, thanks for commenting on my sketchbook. I thought I'd come here and return the favour. I really like your style and those studies you've done are great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb

Che culero!!!! Hce esas copias a lapiz!!! Haceme caso!

LAPIZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!

Cada vez mejor! Segui asi vas excelente!!!

"The superior man is distressed by the limitations of his ability; he is not distressed by the fact that men do not recognize the ability that he has."

My BLOG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pennybird - thanks for passing by.. your comments are very encouraging
    BUSHIDO - jajaj, a lapiz, que pereza, la wacom es todo por el momento ya voy a intentar levantar uno, ojalá no se me acalambre los dedos jeje Gracias por tu apoyo, en serio!

Fechin study: done in PS, about 2 hours. Only values and PS brush stroke practice & a bit of experimentation... colors not yet. he's too kick ass.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

more Fortuny...

Here is my latest copy.. I think I have one to go in my Fortuny to do list. What do you think?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3