Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: fjgc - misc.

Thanks

fjgc - misc.

NEW STUFF AT LAST PAGE!

The images that were in this first post are going to the next one.

later,
    GriNGoLoCo
    Last edited by GriNGo; March 8th, 2010 at 03:20 AM.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Holy fuckin chaos, you crammed a lot in on these peices of paper. Something about the 3rd to last peice that I really like a lot. Its like there is a story going on in each peice. I find it very intriguing. They all have a very mysterious feel to them. I would almost like to see them larger, with more details, but stay in black and white ink.

Thanks
    Well if it is'nt my fellow TD competitor

I thought you quited the idea of a sketchbook! Well good to see you have a new one

You've got some nice ideas going there, and pretty vivid sketches. Now I'm wondering how a more "finished" sketch would look like. Looking forward to your next update.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    now let's see who makes "shitty progress stuff" and who doesn't...
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    the difference is that mine wont be THAT shitty

i'll post my todays sketches later! most likely tdome practice stuff.

later,
    GRINGOLOCO

EDIT HERE IS THE STUFF OF MY FIRST POST, check it out. I put it here cause I want a little thumbnail for my thread...
    the first too pages of this new "stuff".

fjgc - misc.
    fjgc - misc.

A quick self portrait not alike at all...
    fjgc - misc.

the most recent pages. done in the course of this week. the last page is a bunch of quick concepts for a battle i'm a part of (against ICEMOON).
    fjgc - misc.
    fjgc - misc.
    fjgc - misc.

each of these pages is an a4... the drawings are small, but each of them take about 3-4 minutes to do... so i usally take a good time on each page :p i hope i can show you anything new later on.
    Last edited by GriNGo; August 17th, 2006 at 01:58 AM.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    nice start... looking forward to seeing more. I know I have a hard time filling up the pages... I have to work on that.
    Do you do those as warm-ups? If so, can we see what you warm up to?

Thanks
    Hello there. You cram a whole lot of stuff on each page.. And what is that pink stuff you use to color them? Is it marker?

You seem to have a pretty good sense of form but your linework could be better. You seem to have a slight problem deciding where the lines should go which gives your drawing a very big sketchy look, sometimes it is difficult to see what things are and seperate them...

But hey, that comes with practice... Show us more progress stuff and we´ll show you how usefull sketchbooks can be.

Thanks
    yo gingoloco, good to see you giving the sketchbooks another try. Hope you don't mind me posting a little feedback here.

you got lotsa energy going on here, I like your linework the most when you switch to that weird quasi-cross hatching style that you use in the self portrait (and also in the little corner drawing of the guy with the gasmask thingy). I can see that linework technique being refined into a really definitive, and cool, look for your work.

Anyway, keep it up dude.

Thanks

damn this was long to write...

Smitherines - Thanks for your comments man Yes, initially i usually tried to draw one or 2 "complex" drawings in one page, but then i said FUCK IT! it was a waste of space and ideas.... now i just draw whatever my mind is coming up with.... and draw and draw some more And yes, black and white kicks ass... i'll stay with it at least through this summer... I'm going to make a comic for this contest here in my country, and I'll be practicing and trying different styles that can possibly go with it.... but the black and white will be defenite... be tuned for an excercise comic I'm making! i'll show you progress soon....

IceMoon - thanks man! i'll try to post as often as possible... the COOL stuff... and about finished pieces... i'll try to concentrate on one or two tomorrow, so you guys can give some crits.

glikster - thanks for the comment! i would consider that I do permanent warm ups. which pisses me off, as I told IceMoon above, I'll try to come up with some better sketches to show off... not just warm ups.

talmir - teh ENEMEH! nah just kidding man thanks for posting the comment! that "pink" stuff are the warm gray shades of prisma color markers. they kick ass! at least i love them for sketches... allows me to give them a quick tone to my stuff, without making much ink lines. about my linework, yes it can be MUCH better... i hope that i gain better control and "finnesse" over them as soon as possible... and yes sketchbooks are usefull. a very bad experience with them in the past though... and it's a hell-lot-of-work!

was checking out lung_bugs old sketchbook... damn. I'm jealeous someday I'll catch him! i swear! very good ideas, very nice line work, very kick ass stuff... i wish him the best!

- first my updated last page i showed you yesterday. now it's finished... it's pretty much a big pile of you know what... but i'm kinda proud of the bigger sketch in the bottom section... i'll see if i start some work on the "grand" version tomorrow... sketches, but more complete ones:
    fjgc - misc.

- now the SELF PORTRAIT... gotta say, i like how it turned out the text was added in Photoshop... i did it for a little comp between me and a friend of mine.
    fjgc - misc.

- another two showoffs. the last one are real life portraits of my dad and brother, while we were watching the great Argentina vs Brasil soccer game tonight... kick ass soccer! now i hope you like em.
    fjgc - misc.
    fjgc - misc.

later!
    GRiNGoLoCo

Thanks
    woah, simultaneous postings. I agree the bigger sketch on that one page is stronger. The grey around it brings it out more too. The sp is cool, though, you look like wolverine in it.

hey, i saw an oil thread of yours awhile back... any of that stuff floating around?

Thanks
    come on gringo... stop the autoglorification and put someting real in the sketchbook, someting like the selfportrait (very good job), not 10000000000000000000 small pages whith endless drawings and 0 anatomy (is a good exercise anyway)
    -THE EDUARDISTS-

6sinsacar <------ the best crosshatching stuff i ever see
    Jorge2k <------ my sketchbook
    Jorge2k <------ photography work
    GringoLoco <------ some 2D duckies

Thanks
    great sketchbook. only thing i can say is that i would like to see how you handle a finish, but thats for another thread.

my book

Thanks
    Well, as a member of your Sketchbook Support Group now...
    Nice new SP and nice portrait of your dad.
    I'm the getting the impression looking in here, though, that you do the same thing I do sometimes: when you're not sure about something you just throw a million lines at it and hope it goes away. I keep doing that and I'm trying to get away from it. Like the head of that guy holding the sword and on some of the small sketches.

Great work! Keep posting!!

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast