C.O.W. - #017: Hill Stomper

Round #017

Topic:
    Hill Stomper

Deadline:
    Tuesday, 14 June 2005

- for any questions or help go here:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37512

note: The deadline won't be EXACTLY after a week...it can last up to 24 hours more, i am human and have to work also, you know

Post your creature for this week!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    For the last rounds I missed some of the regulars who entered at the beginning of COW ...Matt Dixon, xia, fungi, lukavi, Dougbot, arteric, Helzon etc...

So, i guess they are in the same mood/situation like me...i already had short time to enter the COW each week but i mostly managed to do an entry, but as the weather got warmer and warmer i miss some motivation for pc-stuff...

That means, if this round will have also less entries than the usual ratio i will start a summer break for COW...all for the sake of it

Thanks
    hill stomper??
    i like it best when theres alil blurb about the idea behind
    the title for the concept.

Thanks
    I don't think it's the summer thing that causes people to not participate. I'd rather blame following :

- End of semester which causes some of us to focus more on school than on anything else
    - Very weird topics lately or too much open ended (like the last one) - half of the entries in the last one was disqualified
    - Some of the people you mentioned, already won the COW so maybe they're not so much willing to participate.

I was waiting for the summer to participate because I'm too busy most of the year with school and work, so anouncing a summer break is like kick in the nuts for me And this week's topic is great - I have an idea already

Also - off topic, maybe you can answer this - what's up with IDM ? Davi added the winner of the IDM#1 to the winners thread today, but didn't put up a voting for IDM#2 (which topic BTW was simply to difficult and complex) or start IDM#3 ? Is that on dead already?

Sketchbook
    Sketch(up)book
    Blog
    Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------------
    TEAM CHOW - Nasty Sausages
    ------------------------------------------------------
    CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
    The Ocean Collective

Thanks
    ooooh... Hill stomper...? Nice title...

I didn't have time to take part last week, but i'm gonna try and get something done for this one!!

Thanks
    Tad
    Ok here is the blurb especially for you:
    "Hill Stomper - make a concept about a hill stomping creature. The creature must be able to stomp hills. It is called Hill Stomper because it is known for stomping hills. The hills are stomped by this creature. Stomping hills makes this creature the hill stomper. It stomps the hills by stomping them. You are in the land of the Hill Stomper if you see creatures stomping the hills like seeing hills which are stomped by the Hill Stomper."

thirdeye
    Now, the weird topic thingy was the result of allowing the winners to pick the topics i guess, i already got another pm where someone complained about this...the easiest way is to turn back to the old system, where i picked the topics. I didn't want to change it, since we came up with this idea in the ideas-thread...it's all about democracy (and sometimes cruel decisions by the ones who are on top, hehe)...

hmm...you waited for summer...i would really like to kick in your nuts, so this is not an argument for me

"half of the entries in the last one was disqualified"...errrmmm....like two? I will be a little stricter in future when it comes to rushed or inane entries...

IDM...i don't know anything about IDM, davi is the master of this thing, but i think slowly ca.org-duties are overflooding his time budget...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    hmm i'd agree on bringin back the old system. even if it's something for the winners to look forward too i dunno if it really brings out good ones. people expect different things from the topic also (like fungi chose gluttonous emperor).so,back to set topics!

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    hmm Hill Stomper eh? .....

Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    Hill Stomper is a fantastic and easily accessible topic. I hope everyone is gunning for this, but if there's not much of a turn-out, a summer break is a great idea. Actually, it's a painful idea, but for the sake of the cow I understand the wisdom behind it.

-Craig

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzybar
    Tad
    Ok here is the blurb especially for you:
    "Hill Stomper - make a concept about a hill stomping creature. The creature must be able to stomp hills. It is called Hill Stomper because it is known for stomping hills. The hills are stomped by this creature. Stomping hills makes this creature the hill stomper. It stomps the hills by stomping them. You are in the land of the Hill Stomper if you see creatures stomping the hills like seeing hills which are stomped by the Hill Stomper."
    ....well said Fozzy!

I think this topic has a lot of possibilities of good art. As for going back to the old system, what's the difference between Fozzy picking the topic, and the winner picking the topic? They're all coming from the same list of topics and Fozzy still has final say over something he doesn't like. And for those complaining about this weeks topic, I would guess Fozzy picked it since he didn't say who did. If that's the case then your complaining about nothing because you already got your wish.

Thanks
    very good topic indeed AND FOZZY! DON'T MAKE A SUMMER BRAKE!!! please vacation is the only time I have time for such things

WIP
    C.O.W. - #017: Hill Stomper

Last edited by palal; June 8th, 2005 at 05:33 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzybar
    For the last rounds I missed some of the regulars who entered at the beginning of COW ...Matt Dixon, xia, fungi, lukavi, Dougbot, arteric, Helzon etc...
    I don't know if I qualify as a "regular" or not, but I've been fairly busy with commission work. I suspect the others are in the same boat there. I know Matt is.

Cheers,
    ~S

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leckronium
    ....well said Fozzy!

I think this topic has a lot of possibilities of good art. As for going back to the old system, what's the difference between Fozzy picking the topic, and the winner picking the topic? They're all coming from the same list of topics and Fozzy still has final say over something he doesn't like. And for those complaining about this weeks topic, I would guess Fozzy picked it since he didn't say who did. If that's the case then your complaining about nothing because you already got your wish.
    I chose the topic, since duddlebug and AndrewLey didn't send me a suggestion (better this way, could have been hard with two winners, hehe)...

I don't know if the winners always took topics from the idea-thread, i don't check this (you don't expect this from me, really?)...but i would appreciate it, since members post their ideas in this thread and it shouldn't be for nothing...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.