View Poll Results: Vote for your fav! Regarding the topic!

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • palal

1 1.01%
  • young_paddy1

0 0%
  • hallo

1 1.01%
  • MIKECORRIERO

5 5.05%
  • AndrewLey

33 33.33%
  • BlueMech

7 7.07%
  • ChaoticKnight

1 1.01%
  • bluefooted

15 15.15%
  • fanboy

0 0%
  • shadoman

3 3.03%
  • leckronium

3 3.03%
  • Digisaur

4 4.04%
  • deschamps

26 26.26%
  • Carnifex

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    As usual, some very creative and inspiring entries from concept copy to actual concept image. I had several that I enjoyed but I latched onto one right away and was never swayed.
    Bluefooted, you have my humble vote. Damn...I do enjoy your work.

Cheers,
    D

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    wow... some more great entries.
    I ended up voting for Shadoman because, despite the fact that I felt the coloring could have used some work, I believe he had the most solid take on the topic.

Thanks
    This is hard to pick. So many great entries.
    I really dig the design of hallo's creature and the coloring is really nice. And AndrewLey's work is just outstanding as always. BlueMech has a really fun concept going on there. And the art of shadoman, leckronium, Digisaur and deschcamps are too good to let go. >.<

After the long debate and struggling, I decide to cast my vote for bluefooted. I just love the horns, and the coloring. and it seems to be a very realistic creature too. And the reason for its extinction makes perfect sense.

Thanks
    Some nice creatures this time around! Thanks for the nice comments on my silly entry

Bluemech: I laughed out loud when I saw your creature Nice idea. Wish there was just a bit more time spent on the art.

MikeCorriero: Really nice depiction and a tragic story. Like the cut aways of the weak bones.

Andrew Ley: Wonderful atmosphere: you can actually feel the weight pressing down on the bull, and the dry, desolate wind blowing.

Shadoman: A nice pic with an interesting background - the rendering on the creature is nice - but your description doesn't really describe an evolutionary dead end - as a biologist, I can't let that go

My vote went to Digisaur: That bird is just so well-colored and the vacant expression on his face is great. Love the description as well. Good job!

Thanks
    voted for bluefooted, because the style is cool and the concept was also nice

Thanks
    I had to vote for deschamps this time around. The rendering is beautiful and the creature is unique; I saw of very earthly creatures this time around, and his was definitely out there. That eye is really intriguing, and looks almost more like a mirror or a gemstone... love it.

Thanks
    some nice entries this week,
    MikeCorriero: Nice well thought out design, nicely illustrated
    AndrewLey: you get my vote this week, although one thing bugs me.. the fact that they "reproduced in great numbers" ? I'm pressuming that the female Fortress Bull doesn't have quite the same armour on her back ? cause I would think that the race could die out from the guys trying to mount them !

Thanks
    Andrew: That's a very handsome beast. The rendering looks loose but not at all rushed.The damp, heavy feel of the atmosphere is handled well. The topic is easily evident in the design, no explanation needed. You got my vote!

Kudos to everyone who participated too! Some really nice ones.

Thanks
    Man, I'm kicking myself for not finishing anything again. I had an idea, but when I went to do it I realised it was just going to look like a regular cow. So I went back to the drawing board and tried to come up with something better but never did.

I voted for AndrewLey. It's a great design executed very well, and it fit the theme wonderfully.

Bluefooted and deschamps both had great pieces as well.

0kelvin

www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Voted for AndewLey, because the concept is really cool, and the image looks great. No crits here.

Great tonal composition by the way!

Thanks
    Well, with COW 16 comes dilemma 16....who to vote for. I narrowed it down to Bluefooted and AndrewLey. I wish I could vote for both but I guess I'll just have to choose.

Bluefooted - I like your style of drawing. It's very loose and full of character. Your painting style only supports your drawing ability and together make really nice illustrations to look at. Your concept is great and I laugh when I look at the expression of the creatures face. My only wish is that the creature be modified a little more to look less like a gazelle or deer. Even if it is as subtle as extending the snout or changing the color of the creature to something unique. I'm guilty of the exact same thing in my creatures and have been trying to steer away from it as hard as it may be.

AndrewLey - I liked the concept of this alot. It was unique and believable enough to make it realistic. The execution was nice and you managed to keep the feeling of a bull yet present something that was not-so-recognizable to the eye.

So because this is a concept contest first then technique second, I'm gonna have to go with AndrewLey. Great effort on everybodys part and now on to the next round...

Thanks
    Voted for ANdrewLey...

I love the idea behind the fortress bull and the execution was spot on. The stance looked like he was working hard to hold up the weight of all his armour. And the story about the warmer climate and lack of water was well thought out.

The other contenders for me this week were shadoman and leckronium.

Thanks
    Glikster, look, bluefooted, duddlebug, and anyone who gave me a vote - thanks.

I was not happy with my entry at all. I also know that I need to work heavily on landscapes/environments — they are definitely one of my weakest points.

AndrewLey got my vote this week. A very kickass concept and well executed. The fast swashes of color and blurriness of the edges really drew me to it artistically, plus it is a really cool looking creature.

No time for more crits, but Deschamps and leckronium got my 2nd and 3rd favs.

Shawn Adomanis
    www.shawnadomanis.com
    Sketchbook

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" – The Wizard of Oz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1