Thanks

I'm cold and frightened.(the decision)

I love art, video games, and movies and want to do concept art for them. Unfortunately I'm having trouble making that final decision. Next year is my last year at High School.

I selected my courses for next year to help with a portfolio in an Illustration program, however I find it hard to see improvement. I mean I know I won't be doing certain things as my career in later years, and this is the only thing I feel passionate and have knowledge about.

I just can't seem to make certain things work. Quick sketches are my favourite to do, but when it gets to the finished piece I feel I lose touch with the passion of the art, in exchange for the details.

I require assistance/advice in getting a method of being excited about a piece even during the tedious touch-ups. Please anyone who can help would be great. Thank you.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Excitement eh?? Well I would say I feel excited whenever I grab a pen... but however it is my opinion. If you want to be more excited about your piece's just go and look at some inspiration by great artist's and you'll see how it is when you finish a great piece... 'It's like you're the king of the world' more or less but however. When doing your details and stuff, try to explore and study your sketches/drawings, last night I had over 15 ideas on the same concept, and it was pretty tight... I got the best experience doing sketches in a new view... short, try everything and try using references from time to time... it'll help.. ideas come themselves, your just their tool :p

Hope it did help anything..
    An artist cannot fail, it is a success to be one.

Thanks
    do them all
    Perfect Kay