Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work, I like the way you made it into an illustration by giving it a bordered background. I like that finished stuff.

I might just add that I think the shadow under her chin is too dark in my opinion. It goes from a well lighted skin to just black, and it cuts the head of the body. A pity. Maybe you can lighten it up with Photoshop?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    umm ok with that remake version u need to add like a blur to the end of the shaddow where the dark meets here regular neck colour smudge it a bit and then blur it cause there is a very definant line there and its making the whole feel of the image bad the rest of the picture is amazing nice work just fix the neck ;D

EDIT: hope u dont mind but maybe something like this ? just as an idea

Last edited by xXIdXx; June 6th, 2005 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I cant help but think how much better she'd look without so much makeup and an obtrusive tatoo on her face
    Also the stands of hair in the front look like you highlighted with the polygonal lasso. Make them more flowy, natural.Also give the top a bit of shimmer, its so dull and grey on top.
    I think Id turn the deep shadow into a neck band instead of highlighting it like that. This could be really good with some tweaking.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You see that little part of shade under the blurred part you just did?
    THAT looks like good shading to me. Just learn from this for the next time I'd say, never draw a line and get one dark color on top and a lighter color under it, but make it more of a gradient. It should look more real - but hey, shading's a bitch, so don't worry.

(oh try to post your images a bit smaller, like xXIdXx did. I can't see hair and neck at the same time otherwise and that's a pity. And resizing makes many drawings look better)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this should maybe go into the WIP forum if its a Work In Progress :p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dont feel like the heavy black outline is helping out either. As soon as you start outlining things, they begin looking really flat....just something to think about for next time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

I DO like the black outline. It's not meant to be a sketch or something, it's just a finished piece and without the outline it wouldn't really go with the background.
    No, I think you've made a good decision there by using a thick black outline.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergaloth
    I DO like the black outline. It's not meant to be a sketch or something, it's just a finished piece and without the outline it wouldn't really go with the background.
    No, I think you've made a good decision there by using a thick black outline.
    Don't really get what you're implying about it being a finished piece; sketches don't have thick black out lines, but finished pieces do? What I was saying is that the black out line makes it look really flat, it looks like you cut out a picture, and slapped it on top of another one. There is a real disconnect between the figure and the background. If that's the look you are intending to get, then right on, but other wise, you might want to consider taking a different approach.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ExilE
    Don't really get what you're implying about it being a finished piece; sketches don't have thick black out lines, but finished pieces do?
    Uhm. Damn. I have the perfect Dutch word in my head, but I wouldn't know the word in English. I guess I could try to explain it this way.
    I meant, sketches are just loosely drawn on a piece of paper. But Rebecca tried to make a finished picture, so she added the rectangle in the background, creating a background, a boundary for the illustration. This way it's not floating around in the emptiness of the paper, but it's ... "finished"? (in that way unlike a sketch)

Likewise example I made some years ago.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.