backwards compatibility - xbox360
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

backwards compatibility - xbox360

sup my fellow CA peoples. I just had one questoin. Is xbox360 backwards compatable (cant spell that word) with old xbox games? I want a ps3, but I decided I might get an xbox360 becuz of elder scrolls and perfect dark, and i guess dead rising too. I'll prolly get a ps3 maybe a year after it comes out :/

Da Vinci was a concept artist
    11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by obid619
    sup my fellow CA peoples. I just had one questoin. Is xbox360 backwards compatable (cant spell that word) with old xbox games? I want a ps3, but I decided I might get an xbox360 becuz of elder scrolls and perfect dark, and i guess dead rising too. I'll prolly get a ps3 maybe a year after it comes out :/
    The official word is that the best selling games will be playable.

Of course... this is a rather... interesting choice of words. But I don't think its as "bad" as some people portray it. Because of the considerable difference in architectures from the Xbox to the 360 emulation is hard. Not even all PS1 games work on the PS2. So depending on how certain games took advantage of the xbox's features they will be harder than to emulate on the 360.

This is more of a statement that protects their reputation. If they just said "backwards compatability" rest assured the one fan of some game would spew fire and brimstone all over the net. Just like anything "wrong" that Sony does spreads like wildfire.

I would be rest assured that most games will work. Most likely there will be a list of games that DON'T work instead of a list of ones that do...

The one game I am worried about is Panzer Dragoon Orta... if that game isn't compatable I will be spew fire and brimstone. I am optimistic though and I don't think they will ignore cult classics in favor of just measuring the money made.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Currently they're trying to get most games to work. But very high chances it'll be just the popular titles. Realistically speaking, its gonna be the newer titles....and the older popular ones.

There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I have a ps2 right now. But I am interested in getting an xbox360 , but I would also like to get some good old xbox games like panzer orta, halo(1-2), Ninja Gaiden, DOA games, and others that don't come into mind right now. So its gonna suck if they dont put those games eh? Well they ain't that dumb. I am really looking forward to playing some good perfect dark zero when it comes out!

Da Vinci was a concept artist
    11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    perfect dark zero does look very promising.
    with this new era of consoles, i'll probably have to get an HDTV... wait no, not probably, most definitely have to get one. mmm i can't wait till xbox360 is out, even though i'd like ps3 more. we'll have to wait a little longer for that one. oh wells.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.