The evolution of a piece of paper to a PS7 rendered flying chibby cat

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: The evolution of a piece of paper to a PS7 rendered flying chibby cat

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking The evolution of a piece of paper to a PS7 rendered flying chibby cat

Okay folks. Here´s how I do it. I invite everybody to copy my steps and drawings and post ´em here, too. I hope I can add one or two steps/ day. I plan to show every step in PS detailed with screenshots so that we´ll get a thread covering the process from head to toe.

I wanna draw a "furre" girl. Got tipped of to the subject by Tanika. Check her website if you like to see: http://www.tanivision.com

Anyway here we go:

As you can see I started out with a little sceleton sketch at the left. Then I made a bigger, more shapely sketch. Still not satisfied I did a bigger shapesketch on the right and the coverd it over with a detailed sketch of the character. Then I scanned it. Grayscales, with 1000 dpi.

I´m not a pro with anatomy so I got a collegue at work to have a look over. The red arrows are her doing.

Chin to far from the front neckline. Mouth should be higher (but that´s comic versus reality style) The right shoulder should be shortened so that the arm hides more behind her right breast. The hand and wrist are wrong (no real advice here) Hands should be a bit bigger. The knee should be more round. Like in the smaller sketch in the middle.

So, feel free to have a go. I´ll be back tomorrow.

Wolf

A tutor once said to me: "Let your mind go!" and it didn´t come back.

Wolf@WorK aka Sketchbook

my Heavy Industrie, Military and Steampunk References/Textures (updated Oct 2012)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oooh I finally got my computer working! *hugs* Wow, I love your tutorial! Thanks for giving me credit/etc! Here is my mini tutorial thing. It's mostly just for details. X.x I didn't use tanika for this, just a random furre!

Last edited by Tanika; March 24th, 2003 at 07:19 PM.
    It's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.