Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Styler's thread.

Thanks
    Styler's thread.
    Styler's thread.
    Styler's thread.
    Styler's thread.
    Styler's thread.
    Styler's thread.
    one of my family members
    Styler's thread.
    Styler's thread.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    damn...didn't draw as much as I should've with all the free time I had
    Styler's thread.
    Styler's thread.
    Styler's thread.
    Styler's thread.

Thanks

Thanks
    you have amazing dedication man! im a beginner too and i found learning perspective really useful and also this tutorial was really good for shading http://www.anticz.com/drawing1.htm

keep it up!

Thanks
    Hey im starting to see some improvement! Mostly in the pic of the shelf and fan. Like alot of other people here i suggest you take alot of time on your life stuff. There is no reason to rush anything, just make sure you understand what you are seeing and how you can most simply put it on paper. this could tkae hours, just be patient. I would suggest you use far less complex refs in the future tho, and look at other posters art here. Looking at someone elses sketches is a great way to understand how things should be done.

Thanks
    Thanks for the shading link, I find that helpful, I will be reading all of it as soon as I get the chance. That is true, I must learn to slow down and have more patience...I guess a few hours on one amazing drawing is better than a few hours on 100 drawings that I'd rather wipe my ass with then to let anyone else see. Thanks for the feedback.
    Styler's thread.
    heres some stuff I sketched out in sculpture class...it's ideas for a wooden sculpture. I'm thinking of going with the wooden hammerhead. (The small one kindof in the middle up and left of the wooden dude.)

Thanks
    Styler's thread.
    insomonia...I could not sleep
    Styler's thread.
    thinking of how to compose a bottle for a pen & ink project for school.
    Styler's thread.
    did all of this at school brainstorming.....in my other drawing class.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks for dropping by my sketchbook....
    I see you are following the number one rule " Draw as much as possible every day" when it comes to get better.

Hm I will try to give some useful input....When you draw the eyes think of them as balls and the eyelids as drapery wrapped around the eyeball... try drawing a circle first and think of it as a ball then draw the eyelids on the circle (ball)....This way you will get away from drawing the eye with a flat almond-shape. You got the Loomis books so check out - Drawing the Head and Hands page 53 to get what I mean visual too. Keep going you got a good progress
    My sketchbook flawed to the max page 5
    Ps:Hope you understand my English.
    Remember my advices taste best with a grain of salt.

Thanks
    I like how you follow advice. you already draw from reference... do you use thumbnails to plan out more finished pieces? I usually do three or four and choose one.

but learning about perspective and ellipses will help out to.

for your tablet, do you know about layers? and the multiply function? when you make the layers multiply, the drawing will show up on top of your coloring, its very useful. or try using the polygonal lasso to outline a something, then you can color inside the selection without coloring everything else.

does that make sense?
    My sketchbook

My finished work

Get the full scoop on my personal Project 'Titanomachy' Here My Deviant Art page

Thanks
    You’ve got great progress going on here. I can see that you layout out your sketches very methodically. Go with what you feel is right and try not to worry to much of what you THINK is correct. If that makes sense. One thing that I tend to do before any sketch is to loosen up by drawing strokes or just scribbles on a scratch paper. Making shapes like circles and cylinders. This helps me loosen up a lot. And before even drawing the first line, I make that line slightly over the paper in the air to practice and get a mental vision. You’ve great progress, just keep on drawing!

Thanks
    Keep it up. You're doing fine. I noticed you started using whole sheets for single pictures, which more often than not is a good thing.
    You migh start doing a prolonged drawing though. Defining big shapes first and digging yourself through to the smallest details might teach you, besides patience, many things.
    So long....

Thanks
    Mindflaw: Anytime! Yes you are right about the eyes so i'm working to improve them as quickly as I can. I'll start hitting some studies. The 1st picture I drew on this page was before I read your post. So I plan to have better eyes from here on out. Thanks!

TGping: Yea I use thumbnails to plan out finalized drawings. I don't have a whole lot of finished pieces right now. The scratchboard i've done is here somewhere in this thread I think and the rest of my finished pieces were done in school and are sitting in the art room. Yea i'll have to try out the multiply function and laso tool...yea that makes sense. thanks!

Impnoodle: I never thought of that...but I have done that a few times for fun and my drawings were a bit better the times that I did. I do have a problem with loosening up...i'll start makin some lines on some cheap ass paper for a little warm up before I dig into sketchbook or high quality paper thanks!

Blacky: I understand what your saying...yes my confidence is slowly going up so i'm starting to put more time and effort into what i'm doing. I'm beginning to gain more patience but I could still use some more. I'm slowly building it up...yea i've thought about eventually starting a major project and putting tons of time into it...maybe make something cool. Thanks!

Styler's thread.
    Styler's thread.
    gonna start hitting some of these. My friend drew the decent one on the bottom right. (the only one that is decent)
    Styler's thread.
    Styler's thread.
    for enviromental design class. Have to color it and I still have 2 more left to do.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast