What art related jobs would you recommend? More info inside...

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

What art related jobs would you recommend? More info inside...

I'm not finished with my art studies so I want to get a job so I can save money and use that for my education. Anything Art related is great
    because I don't want to be doing something that I don't like or not good at. I want to be close to my passion in just anyway possible just to keep me sane! Please keep in mind that I'm not well equipped to do good or professional quality works, so I'm looking for jobs that would suit myself. What would you guys recommend? I'm kind of stuck in a rut right now emotionally so your suggestions would mean a lot to me! Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im kinda in the same situation here and not sure what to do either. Im not sure on pacific jobs but I s'pose that you could always look on the net or on this website, theres bound to be somethin 'bout simple Artistic jobs somewhere. The problem is where I think i betta jus shut up now cuz i dunno what im sayin Anyway, gd luck with findin somethin!
    ~Lover~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess you can start by doing some freelance works. If you are still in school, maybe you can talk with professors to see if they have any projects you can help to work on. At least it'll help to put something serious in your portfolio.

I was talking about something like this to an art major student, and since I have some web programming skills, she recommended me to try to go to local shops and stores and organizations, ask them if they'd like to have a web site build for low cost, with logo designs, etc. I never get the time to try that, but I guess it doesn't hurt to pass that suggestion on to you.

My other friend even suggested to submit comic strips to local news papers, but I don't really know how that works, since I only tried with school's news papers, and those are usually unpaid.

If you live in a big city, you can alwayd be a street portrait artist. Once you get the hang of it, you can make pretty cash with it. (A parent's friend used to do that, he can make about 150 dollar per night, and he drew slow. If he could drew faster, he might be able to double that.)

You can also see if local galleries is hiring. Even if it's just simple jobs like cashier and things, but at least you'll get to know the art scene better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by look
    You can also see if local galleries is hiring. Even if it's just simple jobs like cashier and things, but at least you'll get to know the art scene better.
    Yeah, I was thinking of working for a gallery. I think that would be cool since I like that kind of atmosphere.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.