Sketchbook: Sketchbook of Quinster - Page 5

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Hey man.. been going thru this thread. I can see your progress, its pretty good.. keep it up man.. and listen to your crits, just dont get too discouraged. Even the greatest artists get horrible crits.

Keep up the good work.. I'm sure in a few months time you will make another leap forward in your drawings.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Improvement? Yes. Months have taught me something. Fortunatally, most of the crits I get are positive, and I'm happy that people actually like what I draw I have a couple other things I forgot to post. So I'll put that up.

Theres barely ever any Douglas pictures!

grace suggested to me that I make death a solem figure radther than happy to kill. My intention was to make death a hit man. I still have work to do on this one.

Still working on female anatomy. I think I've improved on the torso?

Last edited by Quinster; November 3rd, 2005 at 09:59 PM.

That you have! Done any anatomy studies lately? Those would help you even more. Death as a hitman is an interesting idea. Different than the usual depiction of skull and bones, reaper, ubermonster whatever... Continue that train of thought!

Wow, its been a long time since I last posted! I'll post again soon...just need more pictures.

Last edited by Quinster; November 3rd, 2005 at 10:06 PM.

Death is very toothy, isn't he? Looking good...the first pic, his arms are too long tho... You could benefit from some longer studies, really sit down and focus on one thing for an hour or more. Didn't you say you'd gotten an anatomy book? Study is good dude, helps loads!

Wasn't trying to make the first picture perfect, just drew it. And yes, Death is very toothy...you know how skeletons have those erie grins?

Last edited by Quinster; November 3rd, 2005 at 10:09 PM.

This is a picture I forgot to put in the last post. I had these guys in a nightmare sometime back, I finally put them on paper about a week ago. Its somewhat difficult trying to draw things from dreams. These figures arn't the scariest ever drawn, but in my mind they are terrifying. The nightmare was more psycological and the imagrey helped to add to its disturbing nature. Maybe one day I'll try and draw that too.

Last edited by Quinster; November 3rd, 2005 at 10:12 PM.

Last edited by Quinster; November 3rd, 2005 at 10:13 PM.

The nightmare drawings made me giggle. Reminded me of a movie I've seen. Or maybe a video game. . . .

Is the woman you just posted Whimsey? She seems to have a different face and hair type. Also the "personality" seems different, too. She is pretty, though. I can see your improving, keep it up!

I've been experimenting with characters, Wimsey mostly. I've been trying to re-invent the old one. I made Wismey really wicked with the newer version, she was a different person, I've tried bringing back the old one in these newer sketches.

Last edited by Quinster; November 3rd, 2005 at 10:21 PM.

I got kicked out of class for drawing these, so you'd better like 'em!

I like the way this came out...I can't think what to do with the background.

Last edited by Quinster; November 3rd, 2005 at 10:30 PM.

Hey dude, what's going on? Getting kicked out of class?? Dude, you gotta learn to be more circumspect! Just doodle down the margin, when the teacher's back is to you.

One thing I've noticed with every character you draw - your faces are always 3/4 view. Do some side views, full front and 3/4 rear to shake things up - even Charles Schulz drew the Peanuts gang from various views. Keep practicing - you're improving!

ANNOUNCEMENT I'm wearing coattails for my Homecoming Dance. Its about time too!

Last edited by Quinster; November 3rd, 2005 at 10:28 PM.

Hey - some full frontal faces! Good show, Quinster, they're looking good! I like the pirates on the last page - they are pirates, yes? Are you going to try out ChOW? It's going to be great fun! C'mon, neither one of us'll win, but it's still fun!! You got all the way till next saturday to do a finished piece!

I forgot to post these two.

I tried some new angles with G-Man. I like the one with him shooting, and the one where it has a downward angle makes him seem really Italian...could just be the hat and the tie?

This is one I drew last night after hearing about Chow.

Last edited by Quinster; November 3rd, 2005 at 09:44 PM.

Are my expressions improving?

Last edited by Quinster; November 3rd, 2005 at 09:41 PM.

Hey- is that me going for Whimsey? 8)
    Nice work. Collaborate with me sometime; it'd be fun.

Last edited by Quinster; November 3rd, 2005 at 09:40 PM.

Looking good, man. Keep working at it...you can see a huge improvement in your lines from the first page to last of this sb.

A few characters inspired by a few things...

http://std2.oaklandcc.edu/~hsaustin/...meisjonas46.rm

Last edited by Quinster; November 3rd, 2005 at 09:38 PM.

Last edited by Quinster; November 3rd, 2005 at 09:36 PM.

Hey dude.the sketch of karla is awesome i didnt liked the actual drawing itself.However i like the characters and the bodies though you need to work on the face i believe. and sometimes use a little more variety i dont know if somebody write that before.Probably your things are tuxidos but sometimes a little variety is also good.

The sketchbook of a Mad Hungarian

My sketchbook

This is a sketch i did yesterday...its not much. Right now I'm trying to devote my drawing to my comic. I've sketched many pages and I still have many more comming, but it hasn't gotten very far. I'll scan more from the comic either sketched or completley finished soon...

hey, some nice things here. Try not to draw on lined paper.
    keep on studying and updating, looking forward to your progress.

Was practicing on a pose with my Nymph (what should I name her? over 4 months and no name!) and I think I made a breakthrough? I copied it from a book but it looks better than what I normally do.

I've decided to name my mischevious Nymph "Ivy". I made a story for her where she'll fit into my story. Not all of it can be followed without explanation. If you follow Ivy you can see shes a regular nymph and then starts being more human. She'll be nessecary to the G-Man, Wimsey and Douglas's mission after they run into the nymphs. Ivy is intorduced to clothes and "proper human girl" behavior. In the midst of it she gets caught up in her own vanity and when our characters do eventually run into the devil Ivy is manipulated by lucifer himself to do his bidding (really evil stuff). She betrays the G-Men and then is cast aside by the devil after her use is done with, stripped of her clothes as well as her vanity. Cast into despair she desperately seeks help from her cousins of the sea (water nymphs, mermaids, whatever you call them, I'll probably make them relavent before this particulas sequence). "Cousins! Save me! I am lost, I have been used!" (something to that effect). The cousins of the sea are less forgiving than her family in the woods. They know of what deeds she has done and how she has forsaken them. Instead of helping her they beat her, shave her head and take out her eyes, so that she may never see beauty. Afterwards, tey return her to the woods blinded and shamed. The head Nymph of the woods (not sure what to call her shes been drawn before and shes also in the upper left hand corner of this sketch) cannot give her back regular sigh so gives her the power to "see beyond" or something like that. Ivy eventually gets her sight back at the end of SoK when she comes to aid the Dead G-Man. Sorry for all the typing, it was a huge brainstorm I had last night and all of today. I'M ON A ROLL!!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1