Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Faust's Relaxation Exercises

Thanks
    @ hylandr2: Thank you, yes I try to make something out of every tip I get here. I'm glad you enrolled at your university. I tried to find some courses at my place, too but only found art-history classes I'm still looking, tho. Heard there are some paint-classes somewhere here... Good luck with your courses!

@ darkchild: Thanks, I will!

@ Sam256: Hey thanks! I don't quite understand what you mean, tho. Like I just make scribbles on my paper and try to connect them?

@ Fellah: Yeah, thanks dude!

@ ChaoticKnight: Yeah it's a cheap trick of mine to get ppl see my sketchbook, by writing comments in other's hehe Gotta share some love if you wanna receive it! About the light, you are definately right! The diversity between dark and light is basically all we see, not forms or planes or masses, just light and shadow... It's sometimes hard to have deeper values when you only have a blue pen, though But I'll try to work on it nonetheless. Thanks for your post!

@ Gridur: Thank you very much!

@ Darolan: Hehe , I try to tell meself that she's a midget but of course you are right. When I draw from ref I still have the bad habit to jump from one detail to another and loose the overal feeling for proportions. The result is shit like this. About the shading... this was done with a 7B-pencil! Messy as shit I tell you! Thanks again for watching my stuff!

So, now that I have regained acces to my scanner I will scan:

At first some Bridgman goodness! (I'm not happy with the last Torso...)

Faust's Relaxation ExercisesFaust's Relaxation Exercises

short people-drawing session at the cafeteria (Note to self: Make those more often and longer, dammit!):

Faust's Relaxation Exercises

And my Painting-study:

That's all for now!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Great studies. You're most definetely improving. Linework is now starting to rock. Keep on going!

Thanks
    haha. Though you don't like graphite that much I actually like that stuff the best...I guess cause im partial to that sort of stuff. Keep it up man =)

-TeT-
    Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Faust~
    @ Sam256: Hey thanks! I don't quite understand what you mean, tho. Like I just make scribbles on my paper and try to connect them?
    When you want to draw something then don't stop your lines, but let your hand flow over the paper, creating strokes without you thinking about it. In other words: do not construct the image, but use your natural sense of forms and shapes to draw a bit messy and then step by step you will lay down smoother lines that are also much more precise and will describe the forms more efficient. It's hard to explain as you just have to do it and go loose without thinking much about it.
    If you want I could try to do a WPE (OpenCanvas Event-file) wich would demonstrate the idea behind this loose messy drawing.

Thanks
    Great anatomy studies!! you have a great range of drawings in every post, it's really interesting keep it up!

Thanks
    Well I ended up having nothing to do right now so i'm just throwing a couple of drawings in. Don't feel like anatomy right now...

I guess I pretty much ruined her face, but meh... whatever.

And a 10 minute-learntohandlethatdigitalpaintingstuff-study:

@ Darkarts: Thanks!

@ Tetsuo: Well, I'm wuite confident with the graphite-results, too, but I just hate working with them, they're messy and I always feel like I have to erase something... Thanks for posting!

@ Sam: I don't own opencanvas. I heard that name a lot times before here. Is it a freeware-paint-program? Whatever, would be great to see one thing or two to learn something new!

@ Spooky Tonberry: Thanks! I try to build my skills up in several categories. I'm not that much into perspective and environment stuff, I just realize... well that comes next! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Thanks
    Yo!

I hope you're doing this daily, cause you're definitely heading in the right direction! Perhaps try doodling bigger doodles (in size).

Peace!

Thanks
    Great work on the animals! Maybe you could tie in some more face studies when you're doing anatomy? anyway, great work as always!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 753 Posts
    Thanks for dropping in to my sketchbook. I like your last drawings from life. You're improving very fast.
    I think you could try putting your anatomy knowledge to a test and draw some figures from head.
    Keep it up

Thanks
    You hate pencils?!! haha I love pencils You got some great stuff in here. For hating pencils, your pencil renderings are some of my favorites. Keep it up and.. pencils are your friend.

Thanks
    @ Adamos: Hey, don't worry, I'm doing this daily and noones going to stop me! HAHAHHAA... About the size, perhaps I should increase the resolution of the drawings? Thanks for stopping by, dude!

@ Spooky Tonberry: Thanks again for your reply! As I feel like Anatomy is the thing I lack the most atm, I'm doing this the most atm. But always throwing a face inbetween here and there!

@ Farvus: Thanks! But right now, I feel my knowledge is still very tiny. I gain a basic understanding about how the muscles are working together, for instance I'm looking at the deltoid and the trapez-muscles when seeing backs, looking for the various muscles and bones when seeing a neck, and so on... But I lack any sense for the overall figure, so I won't start doing no-ref bodies until I understand that. But it's coming slowly. I'll definately start doing this in the near future!

@ tokidokizenzen: well there are times when I cheat my precious pens with some pencils for some ugly and messy hardcore-action But in the end, I'll stay true to my pens, that's just where my true love is

Anyways, 'nother little update, can't post tomorrow, cause I leave my scanner today. Well, the bigger the update on Friday, then

Anatomy-stuff: (This Torso-thing is killing me... but I'm learning a whole bunch, too so that can't be bad)

I buyed meself a great little book, it's called "Het Gouden Eeuw Boek" (The book of the golden era). It's over 400 pages filled with netherlands paintings from 1600-1700 and that in a format even smaller than A5 Just a tip for you netherlanders It's my new ref-bible, now, doing all the paint-studies out of it. Here's another one:

And some 2B-Madness: Faust's Relaxation Exercises

Thanks
    You've got talent man! I really like your portraits the last 2 are right on the good shading this is something i'm working on. I guess my only suggestion for you right now is to try and loosen up a bit when doing bone and anatomy studies you're really tight with your sketches but thats not a bad thing. Good job though i really like what i'm seeing. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Hey man, you're definately heading in the right direction, when doing digital painting i'd recommend using a much larger brush and to block in shapes and slowly get smalled as you refine.
    lookin good mate, keep it up!

Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast