Sketchbook: Faust's Relaxation Exercises - Page 27
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Faust's Relaxation Exercises

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really like the pencil sketching you're doing. Figurative and enviros are really nice.

Please stop by my new Anatomy Sketchbook and critique the hell out of it.

"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."- Mario Andretti

My Blog (Cartoony stuff)

My Illustration Website
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kickin up some major dust here.

=================================
    Sketchbook
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=120761

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The last enviro is awesome! Really quite something, the colours and brush strokes are wonderful to look at. The brush textures seem more focused as well, as if you really know where and why you want to put it someplace. Nice.

I really like how you're playing with hues in the skin. Her left arm seems somewhat wonky around the wrist, though, maybe check that out. But it seems like you put more thought into the brursh strokes and sizes in that nude study! Good job.

sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Your nude is rock'in kick ass - skills here!! K

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Finished" is subjective anyways ;P

Cool hues on the skins. the atmospheric perspective on the last enviro in the last post looking sweet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 754 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey. I must say you have interesting sense of color. That will be propably your strong point in near future. There are often here a bit too random tries but it's getting better with every update. I don't remember if I mentioned it before but try to think of color as value. On this forum there is this really good tutorial about color theory that mentions that. Check it out - http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17837

Your gestural sketches are really nice but those castle life drawings look too rushed to me. Try to take your time when drawing architecture.

The last enviro was a big surprise for me. You usually post very small images and suddenly this big structure . I dig the design. It seems like you were a bit unconfident when painting foreground with this dark shadow. Generally it could gradually get brighter when it goes farther from the building.
    Also element placed in bottom rigt corner which is the closest to the viewer seems to be in wrong angle to the perspective lines. I'm not sure about that so check it.

I'm impressed by your dedication. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Hey

Love the futuristic scene the most
    Also the penciled people are swell

I don't really like the skin tones that you've chosen on the last girl though.

Still nice stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Long time no visit this!

I can see a definite improvement in your stuff. Your pencil sketches are really something, love the linework Like someone said earlier on your digital paintings have a smudgy quality to it, so I suggest limiting yourself to 3/4 values and working from that.

I will be looking out for this thread, I hope you update soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya, you never stop kicking now do you!

The last page had some nice scifi stuff, keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wanted to swing by again,

Man it's so cool that you tackle such a large array of different drawings all the time. Those pencil drawings just keep getting better and better. Good going on the environments. Farvus pretty much hit on all the points I was going to say. I certainly do find your choice of colors cool actually. The main thing really is just getting the values right. As long as you keep up at this pace eventually it will all click for you me thinks. Nice work and updates again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, still looking good in here!
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1217540709
    that one is great - you understand lightning on different shapes pretty well as I see. Only did those cubes and stuff with marker, but you could not do such nice lightning like you did here.
    Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I looked up your sketchbook every now and then for the last years (because i love your avatar ;-) and i gotta say your improvement's.. well.. stunning. congrats mister.

cheerio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oh my, art is not a race I guess

Being away for over 2 weeks, it feel like more. I slipped into this state ere I feel like the process is riding over me and I am getting slower and slower. In fact, I got extremely ashamed of myself not being able to keep up the pace that I decided to take a break from this site for a while (Only hanging out in the general forums from time to time, they don't hurt, I don't see people progressing there). Yeah, a lot of you are better craftsmen than I am. Also, a few of you are still to be admired for their speed in achieveing technique and excellency, I consider you the elite of the world in that regard.

That said, I am not considering myself such an elite, I try and fail on a daily basis and sometimes I failso hard that it gets me and I feel like I don't belong here. Normally, it's those phases where I disappear for months and try to figure out a way to find my path on my own.

It's not really frustration, it's simply recharging batteries I guess. I am sorry for my scetch-buddies that I let down the last 2 weeks and I'll just say I will try to pick up the pace again. It's only me that can paint my paintings, noone elsebe it with a skillset tenfold of mine. That sorta conforts me.

So, I finished my last SB, bought 2 newones,a A4 and an A6. Will post some scetches from the A4, maybe you'll like them.

DAVEZILLA: Nah, it as a color-experiment. And switzerland wasnice, thanks!

Malakai SinClair: Hmmm yeah I see what you mean, I think I'll try to use more digital techniques for harder edges.

J.Boswell_o

Maidith: Well, it's phases. June and Juli was crazy, no nights-sleep longer than 5 hours, now it's moderate, but I'm catching up

crazy3dman: Thanks, man!

purb36: Hey Aaron, it was really cool to meet you! Sorry for not scanning in you portrait, but somehow it doesn't really looks likeyou anyways , I insist onyou posting mine, though, that was awesome, it was like some Samurai-drawing!

humanNature6115: thanks! I guess...

AsaB: Thanks Āsa!

kelly x: nah, the skills are intermediate at best, you are far better in your pinup-skills than me!

Renegade89: Hmmm thanks, you're right, but I'd still like to push my stuff more!

Farvus; I see what you mean about those architecture-drawings, but also where you come from. Not being an architect myself, I first have to get a hang of the whole idea of buildings, I have no clue about what makes a house a house so I try to focus on exploring the language first before concentrating on making a coherent scetch ith correct perspective.

MnM: Thanks!

xinleh: Glad you still like my stuff!

Lakka: Yeah, sci-fi is better than fantasy, I think. Much more dynamic shit possible.

Trashy:I kno, so much to think about, color, value, perspective, etc. Will try to be more concious in the future, thanks for the props!

Pascallo: Yeah it's basic geometric forms, but those in that illu are far from correct, haha! After some more practice, you'll see how embarrassing they infact are!

Kfeeras: Cool ma,thanks for that compliment! Although my avatar is not that salsa these days

btw, that figure-drawing is reffed from a painting of Jason juan

Attached Images Attached Images                        

Thanks
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 633 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Like, dude O_O great update! Good to have you back.

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Man you are really good.Dont even think quiting.I enjoy your pencils.
    Keep up

Thanks
    Thanked 2,292 Times in 745 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Haa! Pencil studiiiies!!
    It seems you used a bolder pencil (sorry if it's not the right word) but your sketches are more contrasted! This is nice, my friend!
    Keep it up!

Sketchbook :: Blog :: Gorilla Artfare :: Prints :: my Etsy
    koppa says:
    i could kick an eggs ass if i wanted to

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just dumping some speedies before lunch

@algenpfleger: Great to be back, man! You are making cracy good progres pal, proud of ya!

@kingkostas: hat should I quit? I didn't start yet.

@Clochette: Yeah it's my hot temper, haha! hmm never having met me i guess its not really that funny...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I saw you gave algenpfleger some serious advice and thought of dropping by your sb

you have a great variety in your pieces, and there is also a very dramatic improvement in your stuff, I like the way you use colours lately I guess I wouldnt have the balls to make some dudes ear yellow!!! hahahaha

but my favs are definetly your drawings !!! geez your linework is phantastic, so loose though selfconfident and strong !!
    can't really critize you, for the same reason AsaB couldn't, but I do want to speak out a whish... I'd like to see some finished work of yours, just to see where your limits are

bye
    Diana

meh sketchbook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=134723
    (shameless selfpromotion)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice sb dude, and nice pencils, keep working, wanna see updates!!!!!!! !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, your pencils are getting really good.
    I'm an amateur myself so I'm actually not in the position to give advice BUT IMHO getting a better feeling for proportions should a be a higher priority for you now because I feel like that's what you're really missing at the moment.
    Also, I believe, it'd be good to to let colors be colors for a while and concentrate on nailing values better. Not that you should stop doing colors at all, of course.

I am also struggling a lot with proportions and what really helped me was to stop being a lazy ass and actually measure the proportions carefully before getting into the drawing (when doing figure studies, of course). It's really a pain in the ass but it helps. Also looking at a figure and trying to find relations yourself helps a lot. I memorize self-discovered stuff much better than things I read in a book.

Also, dude.. believe in yourself man. You can fucking do it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, just dropping by to see what's going on over here!
    You've been doing some great work lately, makes me want to get off my ass and finally go to some life drawing. The pencils in particular look great. I love the way you're really pushing those darks. Like Tugelbend said, every now and then the proportions are off a bit, though. The only other thing to watch out for that I can see is to be careful with the side of the pencil. It looks fantastic in most of these, but in post 793, in the drawing of the dome, the strokes don't quite seem to follow the contours of the building in some places so the image flattens out a bit.
    The colors are really popping too, I love that enviro with the fans.

Anyway, keep it up, and thanks for the crits and inspiration!

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose ~ Afgal

Other SBs - ShiroNami - Leadster618

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @lilou: Thanks Diana! Only sky's the limit!

@zulu: thank you, you know that you posted just 1 hour after the last update, right?

@Tugelbend: Yeah I know what you mean. It's basically my laziness, I should clean my shit up, same goes for figures,

@Cup of Joe:Ehe thanks, I stillstruggle with buildings.

@kingkostas: Thanks!

Just some A6s, nothing major, just someof theshit I doon subway, waiting for airplanes and all the other occasions other people are obnoxiously staring into the air...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dissolving... it's great for thumbails and value-compositing, I think. No need worrying about color, strokes ad edges. Pure black and white . Plus,it has this cool 80-vibe to it

things to study next:
    S.M.'s work. His stuff is so clean I eed to learn how to use my tablet like that before moving on, I have orked the last two days on 1 enviro that I deleted after that made me realize that. I have to get out of this messiness.

Also, i think the value-studies from tugelbend are a gret exercise to replicate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the picture in post 793 with the guy susspended between the two robotic arms. Awsome sketchbook.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 633 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Dude you're getting... really good o_O Scary!! The speedies are looking great, your lighting got a lot better! And the value studies! Awesome! Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi faust, I'm totally late on this but with regards to your post #793... I'm sorry you feel that way! You have some great works going on and I, for one, don't think it's anything to be ashamed of to take a break from the site. I totally get what you mean though. In fact the crazy pace that everyone on this forum has is pretty much awesome, but extremely intimidating when you can't commit that amount of time, etc. So the important thing is to just go at your own pace, and learn whatever you can, and stop comparing! I've noticed that throughout the thread you have a somewhat self-deprecating attitude, and I don't see a reason why. To echo the voices of many others, you have improved tremendously since your first thread, and that's what really matters isn't it? More importantly, enjoy what you are doing and take breaks when you need to.

Critwise, I don't have anything constructive to say, except that you have some very confident pencil strokes. The lighting in the scene of the fans is awesome. I am very envious, and will have to work harder.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 754 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. Lots of new updates in here.
    When it comes to drawing architecture it just matter of proportions and angles. If you just measure everything well what's in front of you and draw it in, it not very different from drawing anything else in the world. At least that's how I approach to drawing. Once you realise that, life drawing becomes easy task .

I see more finished art than before and that's great.

http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1219417444 - the female face in the bottom left corner has weird angle of the jaw. Even though it's smaller than in masculine face, it's still goes in horizontal line and then goes up to the ear in curve.

http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1219491950 - This one is nice. You could try using more agressive saturated colors to enhace the mood. I'm also worried a bit about the bottom right corner of the picture. There is some texture there but it doesn't attract eye. Maybe you could add hands of the creatures there. I dunno.

http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1219491979 - This one is my new favourite picture from you. It has interesting design, light and colors. I'm only not sure what is is that red thing. From silhouette it could read as figure bit there's not enough information.

Value studies from last update are great. The small dot texture looks like from some etchings .

Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow you last studies are really interesting.I like how did the last piece
    Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GREAT VALUES AND LINE GUALITY...do you know any values studys you can tell my?

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6