Sketchbook: Faust's Relaxation Exercises - Page 18

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    God I'm so tired...

@Helioth: I dunno, I think my stuff is too illustrative!

@xinleh: thanks man! But daily is the max I think, more would be inappropriate

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We should use the CA Sketcher program at the same time. Let me know when you'll be around this week and I'll try to explain some things that I've wanted to talk to you about

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I noticed that you were online, so I hope we don't crosspost. You treat me well, thanks for the visit. I guess I make a pretty lame friend--I dont' stop by nearly enough. Shame on me.

More than anything, I wanted to complement you on the still life with your sketchbook posted May 5th. I think that the colors are beautiful. It's very pleasant to look at. Well done, sir. It definitely shows the progress you've made with your digitals.

Never stop.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Faust, you're doing good man!

The last color studies showed big improvement and i especially like the black and white figures and chars....

keep doin what you're doin, it certainly will pay off.

Cheers

Andi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wohwohowoh! wait a minute, what is that last thing in your last post?
    a life painting?

This one is by far the best you ever did (imho).

Do you paint with oils?

I miss drawings and paintings from life with traditional medium.
    Trad mediums will teach you how color mixing works and you will learn much faster that with photoshop.

Nice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm hopefully tomorrow will be a better day...

@darkwolfb87: Yeah, unfortunately this week will be bad, my parents come over and stuff, but we'll do i next week for sure!

@Sedig: What, this thingß nah, it's full of stupid errors, I don't like it that much. About you not posting: I won't ever ask anyone here to post or not to post in my scetchbook and I do not expect people in whose SBs I am posting, to return that. If that would be the law here, I'd stop posting altogether. I know, feedback is the salary for unpaid work and hell I do enjoy it when I get answered here. But I want the posts to be honest expressions and not something like "Yeah nice scetchbook, now come on and post on mine". That doesn't cut it. If I cheer, I do it to cheer, If I crit, I do it to crit.

@Delmar: Thank you man!Looked at your SB, You are so skilled!

@Haxxxor: From life? nah, that is a masterstudy from a painting made by Siemiratski, a russian painter. Frankly, i prefer the Russian academists anytime over the french becuase I don't like how the french from the 19th century gave everything this light, shallow feel. The Russians were much more human. That is why I adore the dutch masters, too.

Traditional? I draw every day, and I also worked in watercolors for some ime. BUT i don't have a scanner, so you do not see them! If you want o see pencils of mine so badly, why not come over to Berlin?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Faust, I'd love to come over to Berlin. Unfortunately, that's not an option, so I have to get my fix online.

Regardless of "stupid errors" on that still life, I still like the colors.

For the latest one, I offer both a cheer and a crit: I find this image intriguing. I want to know where it is and what's around the corner. I don't know if it's the composition or the colors/lighting, but I like it. The crit, sort of--From what I've heard, tablets are a pain in the neck when it comes to nailing verticals. You did all right on the short ones, but that tall one got just a little wonky.

Do you think maybe you could get a scanner? It would save me a plane ticket...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    practicepractice...

@Sedig: Hey there, strange, your post doesn't show up in my CP... Glad you like the last enviro, I was rushing it too much in some areas I am afraid, and as you noted, the foreground-element are pretty rough and wonky. I will try to push out a more coherent piece when doing such fantasy-enviros next time! Thanks man and take care!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 636 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, your colors are improving by tons! So awesome! That master study, great! Brushwork has still room for improvement, but that comes with experience. To me it seems that you're not making much use of the pressure sensitivity of your tablet, the strokes always have hard ends... you don't paint with mouse, do you?

Ah, ich fahr übrigens im Spätsommer mal hoch nach Berlin, freunde treffen. Wär cool wenn wir uns da mal sehen

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn actually I want to push this interior WAY further, maye I will some other time...

@Algenpfleger: Thanks man but I indeed have very lttle pressure-support. It is better than several months ago where I didn't have pressure-sensitivity at all. Now I just have to cope with the linux-tablet-drivers that do at least make a big of pressure.
    Wenn Du nach Berlin kommst, musst Du ajf mal vorbeischauen! Aber bis zum Spätsommer ist ja eh noch hin.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey !!! nice SB man !!! keep it up !!! i never have the patience to post so much work on my own SB ...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the stil-lifes a lot. great sb!

Grüße aus dem Nordwesten nach Berlin
    bin gespannt was es hier noch zu sehen gibt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @vibhas_virwani: Hey mate! I don't know wheter I am a very patient guy but thanks!

@Farin: Thanks! Greetings to Ostfriesland, too!

Urgh, shitty update, but I managed to create an interesting brush today...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn. Wish I could offer more worthwhile crit in exchange for the helpful one you posted at my thread but... keep up the good work is all I can say Like the recent portrait that you did.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Linux and Gimp, huh? D: You're not making this easy for yourself haha.
    Digging the life paintings though! They help tons, so keep it up, maybe go with some easier settings first, darken your room except for a single light source, makes understanding of light and shadow a bit easier I think.

Und ja, wir können ja ne Runde zeichnen gehen irgendwo oder so

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your still lifes, random objects! Aslo love the nudes from all angles and spinning nude with bag over head. Great stuff here!

SketchBook Chris Yoakum?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeYoakum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, you got some great progress in your work, looks like youre constantly solving all the problems. Keep it up man!
    btw, you said smth about youre job keeping you from drawing. Do you have a job in the creative industry now, or is this all still drawing-after-work stuff?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, sometimes I am too tired to continue.. well after a busy day I still got to do some studying...

@xinleh: Thanks mate! No problem, most of the time I crit in other SBs it's like "Fuck, taht guy's an artist, who am I to critisize his work, which is so far superior to mine?" Your crits are sure valuable, but it's good to know you've been looking at my stuff, too!

@algenpfleger: Hmyeah, I used mostly a diffuse lightsource for the recent Stillifes, I'll try to switch it the next time. Thanks for stopping by, master!

@MonkeYoakum: haham random they are, but I thought when I want to be able to draw everything, a good exercize would be to draw everything! BTW, I love your tatoo-designs!

@KingElvis: nah, there is no progress. In fact, there are parts in the first post that I look at with jealous eyes nowadays. And my work right now doesn't have to do with art at all. 'tis all social ork since I am a Psychologist, that would be the field to dive into. Recently, i begin to seriously doubt hat path, though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yumble

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fucking ace, dude.

BUT, or not really "BUT", but I think... you should try to ALSO get back to the traditional mediums and try to create "finished studies" as i call them...

this does in no way mean, that you should stop with what you have going on right now (these are great studies/works that provide big progress), its just that i realized, after i had moved abit away from my tablet, that it gives you "something" very very intense (plus alot of motivation) when you create some kind of "landmarks" here and there in your progress, landmarks that show your current state in a finished piece. blablabla

i would just like too see some of those, but hwo am i.

regards stone.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @stone.: I know where you come from dude and I understand your urge to see some badass shit from me. Be patient my friend, give me some more months and I will surprise even myself . About traditional, I do not have a scanner nor a working digital camera so all the scetchng I do besides the tablet are indeed lost to the public right now. Besides, I am too careful about my monetary situation to buy all those canvases and paints and whatnot. Especially when it's only for studies, I simply haven't got the money for that.

So, bunch of today, I saw Hannes moaning all the time about his "shitty" updates, here you see what a shitty update really looks like!

Also, I began a new scetchbook today, whoohoo! Trying to make the best out of PC-camera + nifty filters so at least it should be visible what it's about. doubled the size of that abomination.

Last edited by ~Faust~; May 13th, 2008 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    how's that a shitty update? those lighting exercises are awesome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Hannes: Ah well thanks I'll quit my contextless self-loathing if you do too! Those are not lighting-studies actually. It's about composition really, geometrical, value and stuff. Building up slooooooooooooooowly. I do feel it gets me something though.

Today I had no time to do stuff since I've been busy all day. And now I am n te verge of collapsing so just 1 pic for today.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These studies really are great. Even if your main goal is focusing on compostion, geometry, and value, you might try thinking of them as lighting studies also. Working on some of the cast shadows would really bring these studies to another level. You are already getting a lot out of them, and I think that you could get even more. Also--that new sketchbook looks promising. Even if you can only show us using the PC camera, I would like to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Sedig: Thanks buddy! Okay, will include traditional shots. But only a small one a day!

tré gracie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A lot of hard work in here, definitely going to pay off. Keep making pretty pictures!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 753 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey. I think your digital stuff is improving especially when it comes to values. My favourite is this interior painting. Small pencil sketch in the last post also looks cool.
    In some of the landscape photo studies you use almost 100% black which I think kills the form. Sometimes it's better to harmonize the palette instead of just copying colors. You might learn something from that.

Keep it up!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Farvus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gongdigong

@Goog. hey thanks bro, hard work is indeed the only talent I subscribe myself too

@Farvus: Hey thanks a lot, I don't clearly get what you are saying but your comment made me think more about the palette I'm using and how to simplify it. Glad you like my kitchen . Keep on rocking! And keep inspiring me with those SPs of yours! I am actually on the verge of making one of those threads my own. Any pointers of how to going through with it? I am afraid to loose interest so soon. Btw, that last scetch was not pencil but pen. Adding a pencil today.

Now I am attacking the colors with evil cubes and spheres!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are pretty. Especially the first one. I think that the second one lacks clarity. You may have lost track of values--there isn't much to differentiate between faces of the cube. Also, if you were aiming to give the effect of it glowing inside, you could let a little of that orange glow spill out onto the ground plane. That third one has really nice colors, and the values work well too. It reads a little bit better if I squint--you might try sharpening some of the interior swirly things. This might also give it a glossier look, but I'm not sure.

I still really like your traditional stuff, and I'm glad you take the time to show us whats going on in your regular sketchbooks.

Keep up the progress, cuz it's inspiring.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wanted to drop by and say your doing good with the studies, step at a time

Nice work with the ball+pyramid in the last post!

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4