Sketchbook: Faust's Relaxation Exercises - Page 10
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Faust's Relaxation Exercises

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really cool portrait dude, one of the best you've done so far, well proportioned and nicely rendered although it seems that you loose control over your hatchings sometimes, so just use clean lines to render and don't scribble anything inbetween ( something I have just learned a few days ago ). Hmm and try to push the values a bit more, you can go much darker with dat päncil (well maybe it's just the scan, my scanner screws up everything as well)

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    faust,
    too much relaxing; not enough drawing. hit that sketchpad!

-A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice improvement and studies

i think you should do some easy exercises to ease up a bit, yer know drawing the hand or something or a still life

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your pencil works are pretty !! so sensitive!

Great work, and nice colours with the piano/notes.

See before drawing, feel before understanding.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude, that piano note's you made. thats just sick. keep it posting !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    faust you still alive man ?

Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, I am!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have to say... I have been away for quite some time, thinking that the support on this site wouldn't help me very much, all the vowing and ass-licking I felt wouldn't support me in the slightest and my art still staggered- I think, I was just sliding in one of my phases again, not being able to draw and being frustrated while searching for someone to blame other than myself

Well, now I still think the support on this site is somewhat one-dimensional, since constructive criticism is given only by the high-skill members and those are not available for me. What I need is someone to sit next to me while sketching, taking my pencil and show me how to do it right. I know, don't shit stones when sitting on a glass-house...

What makes me post, though is the fact, that I was given 4 Stars. Even though I think most of those votes were my own in the past, it still strikes me becuase someone had to be out there who made the effort to vote for my little thread.

So be it, update...

@Dile: New name, buddy! I'll post in your sketchbook later, when I have time, right now I don't lol. And I have soooooooo much to tell you...

@Purb: Right on, buddy, you're going to be Faustified!

@Masterpug: Thanks, man. Unfortunately, I didn't get back on that thing lately. I will do more Digital stilllifes in the future, tho.

@Gloominati: I already postied in your scetchbook. And even if I meant everything I wrote there, I still want to see updates from you. Unfortunately I'm not living in Germany atm, we could have met then.

@blanquish: Thanks for the comment, All I do is easy hehe. But I know what you mean.

@ziwhang: Thanks!

@oma: Thanks.

@Tetsuo: Yes, I AM!

Shit from the new and most recent scetchbook (keeping that over the last two months). I have become more familiar with pencil. Still have a loooooooooong way to go. BTW, I am Master of Science now. A full-scale Psychologists. My Orthography still sucks, tho. Here's the stuff that's more Meh than Bleh, sorry for the quality, all I have is a Digicam and I suck at Digicam:

Anatomy still sucks...

Last edited by ~Faust~; March 29th, 2007 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    What can i say... When I looked at your last update my mouth was half open and an big Woooooooooooooooooow echoed in my room ...
    I was really glad to see your name, but I had no idea what your stuff would look like, and you didn't really made me disappointed
    I'm really damn jealous over the progress you've done since June!!

Keep that up, and please update often!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wooo .. stunning update! your life drawings kicksass. just keep that spirit and keep improving !

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, since I found a scan that didn't make it into the bunch, I'm going to update again. Mainly digital WIPs though. (Not that I'll work any further on them).

Pencil:

Trying to achieve more with less:

Rushed and bad concepts (rather old, perhaps 5 months or so, when I still used PS hehe)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, I did not anser your posts, I am sorry...

@Dile: My friend, you know what I think about my stuff. In your way, you already surpassed me in some points.

@Callops: Well, since I won't stop studying I won't stop improving I guess, Thanks for your post and good luck to you!

Today's been leg-day (Still haven't got used to my Digicam. I will find out how to make it right eventually):

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks for the post in my SB. what you said about my life drawing is very true and i'll try take it on board.

it looks like you are on the right track, just draw all the time man and there is no way that you cannot improve.

[edit] just noticed we joined CA at the same time

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Kronos: Thanks mate! Nice to hear that you listen to my bragging And the hell will I stop! And, oh yeah, we like twin-brothers, lol, whereas you are the stronger, evil one.

Whatever, a little stuck from the bus today (I kind of like the brownish cameraeffect somehow)

quick headshots:

And a proof that I still am drawing silly little posture studies:

Take care all!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some weeks ago, I browsed Androids Thread with 1000 Self-portraits and it inspired me to do 1000 landscapes! One a day I'm just not posting them becuase they suck so much.

Anyway, the daily trial-and-error:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8082/scan302sj9.jpg

ahaha ^^ thats what my sketchbook pages use to look when I have nothing to do and when i'm at almost-asleep point of the day ^^ I just keep filling them untill theres no space... and it always end up with that i crap them.. as usually ohwell, great pages! the last enviro has some nice values on the house!

btw, can i join the daily thing ? good practice i need to do more enviro's

keep the great work up mate!

ps. You still using msn ? cause i have your old msn address , well i dunno if its old, or if your just not online..
    pps. You should check out m@ for enviro's , or kian, theres many, dallas and that other dude witha cat as avatar ^^ don't remember his name.. they are awesome, and they know tons about light!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Dile: Well, I kind of like my studies and even more when they fill the pages . It's great to learn a thing or two. And sure you can hop on the environment-wagon. Just keep in mind that I'm going to do 1000 of them, meaning I'll be busy mith those for more than 2 Years! It's a bit more than just study for improvement. Well, till now it feels really nice and I always look forward painting one before bed. About MSN: Nope, I don't use IMs anymore. The more things that force me to communicate without proper thinking what to say the more I'm pissed of at life. It sucks that I have a cell-phone already--- speaking of which, I do use Skype from time to time.

Well, nothing quite as fun as studying Rubens, isn't it? Especially when you have unlimited free access to the original

And for heck of it, the enviro for today:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the lighting on your most recent environment, needs a bit more refining and keep up those studies you are definitely improving!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Faust I want to thank you for the lengthly crit in my sketchbook, you made a lot of good points. Its good to see you back and drawing and digi painting like you are. I would like to see some longer Rueben studies. Keep doing studies like your doing, but maybe do a slower one over a long period of time. Work on it a few hours a day possibly. I think you would get out of working on a longer study as well as quick studies like your posting. Keep working hard man. Love the idea of your 100 landscapes. Great idea sir. Keep up the good work man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blagadariah!

@Ashrumm: Aha, thanks man. I already sit hours on those environments, whereas they don't look like it. I'm trying so many things at once, learning about light, values, colors, etc that I never find the time to get them to the spot where I want them to end up (never until now ) I probably will get back at them at some point in the future, though, and finish them up. (I already have over 20, I see them as 2000x2000 thumbs ). Thanks for dropping by, always appreciated!

@Darktwin: Thanks for the warm welcome, man! When I crit you and others, it is really more for myself, really. I think that a proper understanding of how a painting/drawing works is the first step. The technical refinement comes after. But a bit of thinking should always be incorporated . Hope to see and read more from you!

well, a little update since I was too lazy to photograph my pencils, just the environment of today. As I already said, I do spend my whole time at home on them, trying to learn shit as I go along. This one teached me a lot about how colors work, Values in fore-middle-background and that I need to be more brave with edges (this one is too washy). What I wanted to train, however, was organic environments, which I still suck at, hehe. Whatever:

Btw: I use Gimp on a linux and have no fucking tablet-support. I miss pressure-sensivity . Can someone tell me how to get the aiptek-drivers working properly under linux?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well time for a little pencil update now, I am frequently visiting the St.Petersburg substation in order to hunt some heads. They may not be looking very pretty all around but it is a tremendously great exercise to impregnate all kinds of different heads into my brains. Besides, all those nifty Anatomy-books like Hogarth, bridgman, barque etc all have a prototype-head for people to display partly because they are being bound to a proces and thusly all heads are build up likely = very likely heads. I personally don't like how Bridgman does eyes and noses. They are very fleshy and simplify in a way I would not. However, I don't think the big names are a waste of time regarding heads. All I mean is that for me the best way to practice heads is to go outside and draw some heads.

Metro-frenzy (Some of this stuff has been posted before, tho):

And off I goooooo...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That enviroment is really really nice! looks kinda m@'ish because of the colors, but that doesn't mean anything else then great of course ( as I mentioned m@ in my last post! )

haha I really need to gain some dicipline to finish my two off and post them This is a great sketchbook, always inspiring to see your progression and work!

* I know its stupid to ask about resources, but uhm, do you know any good sites ? especially on 'organic' enviroments

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Dile: Well for environments I have a bunch of stars I gripe to. Craig Mullins, m@, Hippier (You should Definately look at his stuff!) John Berkey and Red Rook (You should look after his Popkes-stuff. He even made a nice tutorial for his organic enviros).

Whatever, since no posts here without art, the environment shit from today (damn still such a long way to go )

and a blurry WIP:

Last edited by ~Faust~; April 7th, 2007 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dang, what a crappy day so far... First stood up and made a half-assed pre-morning-shower SP:

Then gone to the hermitage to continue my study just to find out that I got the structure totally wrong. DAMN! Quit this one. Next time I'll solely spend the first session to get the structure down RIGHT! If the first lines aren't tight, the whole rest is for the bin.

(Sorry for the big size, will lower the res next time if requested, not that anyone cares, though.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good, i see youve been active. sorry for being MIA for so long. your knowledge of planes and forms of the body is getting better and better. keep practicing those man, and keep working the environments. just a thought, maybe try doing more enviros from an unnatural angles, like a fish-eye or birds-eye or worms-eye view. just for variety's sake.

-A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah you are studying artist !? cool haha yeah the people you mentioned are on my top-fave list .. especially hipper/paperblue who is unbelievably talanted

Your stuff is looking great, nice renderings, but your faces are looking a little "familiar" haha, there is often the very same structure, other then that, great update!
    Its nice to see you back and actice again

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    little update

@purb: Haha sry man, I thought you were absent for a long time, but actually I was, haha. thanks for the heads-up, your visit is always appreciated! About the environments: Well you know, I already did some curvy fisheye-perspective, since I do those fuckers every day. It just turn out so blatantly ugly that I didn't post it. Have yet to train some free-hand perspective I guess. Besides, I think everythink you import into an image is to tell a story. That goes for perspective as well. Since there wasn't any decent reason for WHY I should go for some crazy angle, I didn't do it so much. I think fisheye perspective should be used very carefully and only under certain circumstances. In any case are the sceneries much mor dramatic than I am able to illustrate at the moment.

@Dile: Well, there are actually other artists, too. I just gave an example. Actually, for everything I do I look for someone who can do it better and try to learn from him in the process. About the faces: OMFG!!! Thanks for mentioning that, man, I just noticed. Damn, got to do something against that, I thought my heads were pretty diverse. Now that you mention it, they ARE looking the same, kinda. Damn I need practice...

@armando: Well, I have a scetchbook that my brother gave to me as a present some time ago because I was wishing for a toned scetchbook. It is basically a brownish-green paper made for gouache or acrylics to scetch on, I think. The paper is not very thick though. Unfortunately I can't get these kind of SBs in here. I have yet to find a decent art-supply shop in Russia for that matter...

Whatever, rocks:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I really like that corrugated texture of that paper, so there's no brand on it? Sucks that a lot of books don't have the brand name printed on. This rock study could use a wider value range, a touch of light at the corners of the block forms would also clarify their change from light to shadow.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good! Thanks for dropping by my SP.
    If I had to give a crit, I'd say that the main problem is that a lot your stuff is kind of 'soft.' It may be the pictures, but your edges in your pencil and digital renderings usually seem a bit fuzzy. Maybe try and clean 'em up a bit?
    Kind of a lame crit, but meh. Keep it up!

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose ~ Afgal

Other SBs - ShiroNami - Leadster618

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6