Stuck
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Stuck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Stuck

im kinda stuck on this one, i dont know what to do to pull it through. Any CC?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

stoph is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    a little more detail, ie background story, meaning, reason for painting it, etc would give a little more to work with it looks nice so far. can we get process shots and/or detail shots?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Um, I'd suggest to take out the blue on the upper left corner, and add mroe piles on the lower side. More shiny blue mine stones on the lower left corner, and probably enough to cover part of the stair footers. It may help the composition. And add some mine workers or things to suggest what is going on in there.

Also, the lines on the mid-right section suggest it's an opening or a wall, and the column next to the character has no footing on the floor under the stairs. That all suggest the wall is pretty short, but i dont see any shading on the wall to suggest it's a short wall. Also, the column in the back appears to be too tall, with the short wall and the other column with no footing. You may want to work on those to make it more consistant.

I like the color by the way. And this looks very interesting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The perspective is a little wonky with the stairs in comparison to the office. The near blue bits, too, look to be very seperated from the piece, despite their cousins further in.

Cool, though.

born in townsville, NSW Australia, 1992 moved to Jakarta, Indonesia. 2000 moved to Perth, Western Australia and still living there
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    stoph has a good point as far as background is concerned, and reasoning. that would aid you in deciding what to do with it. but as far as other c&c goes, the only thing i can really think of is that the foreground needs something. i think having something a bit more solid in the foreground would really help balance out the image.

that aside, looking bloody fantastic so far keep it up!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.