Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Update:: 8.22.09

Thanks
    again very impressive, ash. i have to say that as great as the back is, i really LOVE the way you drew the elbows on all your studies. great work! oh, and that list you talked of in my book would be great. if you don't want to post it, you could pm it to me. but take your time... see you around, cheers

stine
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Those back studies are looking really nice, i cant wait to see more, definately some of the best pencil work I have seen from you.

Thanks
    Hey Ash gettin busy with the back studies I see. One thing you might want to watch out is your rendering with the white highlights. You render your highlights a bit too close where youve put down tonal values. Most of the time your highlights should be surrounded bythe midtones in this case the brown paper and not mixed with your darker tones. That's it for now. By thr way give me/us another asignment like the ears I'm kind of puting off anatomy studies at the moment, if it's ok with you. Laters bro.
    SKETCHBOOK

Jeff Jones was advised "No piece of art is ever a failure, because you never come away with less than you started with. ''

Thanks
    Hi there ,you have nice skills showing in your work.It seems you are doing the drawings with pleasure.I quite like the feeling of this one hand_study.jpg

M.

Thanks
    Ivan:: Thanks man i'm glad you like the back_studies, i'm simply putting in work.

Stine:: Thank you Stine you are a great inspiration for me so thank you!!

Matt Smith:: Thanks for dropping by Matt and thanks for your comments

Nii:: Yeah you are right i planned on the brown being the midtone but i got caught up rendering the backs a bit to much and then
    when it was time to add the highlights i ended up with too much contrast. Good eye And yes i will have something coming your way soon
    thanks for reminding me.

Heartbeat:: Thanks for stopping by and yes i am enjoying pretty much every aspect of this sight and it motivates me even more so yeah i draw because i love it.
    Thanks for stopping in.

Here is what i'm working on right now a master study from John Singer Sargent.
    The painting i'm referencing is titiled Fummee d'Ambre Gris. Its about time i get consistent with digital painting what better way to get started with actual bad ass painters.
    Here is the painting i'm referencing
    Update:: 8.22.09

Here is my WIP:
    Update:: 8.22.09

I think i'm a little over my head but nonetheless i'm having fun!
    I'm gonna try and finish this piece tonight
    Last edited by Ashrumm; May 30th, 2006 at 01:19 AM.

Thanks
    Good to see you're getting ambitious with your master study looking good so far. Just a suggesion if you're not too far into it to turn back otherwise ignore this, try blocking in more of the colour over a sketch, it could help. Keep working on it glad you having fun with it, bye for now Ash.
    SKETCHBOOK

Jeff Jones was advised "No piece of art is ever a failure, because you never come away with less than you started with. ''

Thanks
    HAAAAH! you're working on sargent, too! very, very cool! i started a master study of one of his works yesterday... what a cool coincidence (spelling?!). but i concentrate on the face (i'm such a chicken), because drapery is sooo hard to do.

sargent really IS a bad ass painter, you're right. but you can't aim high enought (hey, i started with rembrandt, how pretentious is THAT?). but you'll learn a ton, even if it won't work out. but i don't think so, looking good to me! but i think nii has a point. i'm still trying to figure out how to achieve that painterly look and it all comes down to not using an extremely low opacity. so i always stay at 30% minimum and start with 60 %, sometimes even higher... it helps keeping the colors sort of "crisp". hmmm, dunno whether that's plausible, but anyway: you're doing great! ooooh, i'm so excited you guys all do master studies now! we should open a "digital museum" after that!

see you! cheers,

stine

Thanks
    The anatomy studies are very nice...on the master copy. think in terms of big shapes are first. keep it simple. I think you are already getting too complicated and everything is real messy and muddy.

Thanks
    Where are the updates dude?? How's it going with that Fummee d'Ambre Gris??

Thanks
    Woa! for a second I thought you did the first one...but yours is looking good waiting for update.

Thanks
    nice back studies from barcsay. i feel youre getting a little too seduced by the detailes though hehe and that you should consider light and shadow on the torso mass as a whole, considering the plan breaks of the rib cage and so on...i feel that works better sometimes, altho i guess youre lmited by the artist youre studying.

Thanks
    Hey,

you have progressed and improved loads from your 1st page! Good stuff, the anatomy stuff at the top looks excellent, and so does the master copy, i need to do some of those Well keep it up, im liking your work so far

Qxzi

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
Hey man, wow, been away for 5 days now
Havent draw anything *shruggs*
but however.. what I want to say is that the digital is comeing along very
nice with big improvement!! keep it up great work!!
talk to you later man

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast