Sketchbook: Update:: 8.22.09 - Page 14
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah man votron's the shit, and so is Jem and the Holograms so I might do them. Good oil paints keep studies like those up it will help with what seems to me like some forced rendering in your charcter designs and drawing from imagination in general. Churning out a nice variety of charcter designs so glad your able to do that, anaway wil be back soon mate, been playing my video games for too long some long and hard Nintendo ones (hmmm? hope that came hope that didn't sound dodgy?). Laters.

SKETCHBOOK

Jeff Jones was advised "No piece of art is ever a failure, because you never come away with less than you started with. ''
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rebeccak:: Thanks for posting in my book!, And thanks for giving me the link to the books.

Cold Revolver:: thanks mate

Bunny::Thanks bunny

Nii:: No, you did not sound dodgy at see you around.

Well i have not posted in a while so i decided i better get back to it. just a few self portraits they are okay gonna try and do plenty more of them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ya man your pencils are coming along great! I would say these self ports are the best work you've done. I especially like the last one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ham-e:: Thanks for your kind words they are greatly appreciated I still need alot of work but thank you kind sir for you encouraging words.

here is some new stuff i've been working on a couple sketches of a character who is the main character of my thesis project.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are a few things REALLY holding your characters back, which if fixed- they would be freaking AWESOME. Your rendering technique is so cool, very gesturey, I love it.

You need to begin to practice perspective on the figures. While they are not inherently bad here, they are all the same, and throwing in variety can really help define the characters. Remember, all things have vanishing points!!!

Anatomy; while your proportions generally seem solid, the legs are very wide, and some parts just need general refining. If you spent 2 months doing at least 15 anatomy studies per week, about 2 a day or so, you would really be on to something better.

Keep at it man!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, what justing said. Strong character sketches and good rendering but they're not 100% there yet. Check up on clothing while you're at it, the folds feel somewhat unnatural.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey ashrumm

The self portraits are very nice, good work. About your figures Justin made some valid points. Are you doing some construction under your figures or how do you start them? I think this is something that could really help you out, planning the posture and perspective with rough construction lines first, i think you do not use reference?
    I really like the designs and ideas in all of them and if you work some things out they will be even better.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all thanks for stopping by my SB. I came to look at yours and can see a lot of growth. I'm really diggin the hatch style of yours. Your ideas for characters are pretty damn cool as well. I'd like to see some of them colored. That combined with a little environments and WA LA! Great work and keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! Really nice pencils!

Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook

Robert Frost

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your work looks great! nice detail

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Justin Oaksford:: Hey, I really appreciate your helpful support, I couldn't have put it any better. I really do need to get back in the habit of doing studies. Thanks for taking the time in giving me some very straight forwad advice it is greatly appreciated!!

Wasker:: Thanks for giving me some helpful advice as well!! I would have to agree my clothing is pretty weak I really need to do some drapery studies.

Sonaj:: No i don't use reference which is I think a mistake because i think referencing would really help me improve much quicker than i am. So that will have to change. Thanks for posting in the book!

Muniz:: I'm trying to cross over into the digital realm, but its a little rough at the moment.

rgapfrost:: Thank you!

Mallock:: Thank you very much it is greatly appreciated!!

Here are a few new concepts and a painting the painting is okay the and my characters are not much better than my previous ones but what the hell its a slow grind if you know what i mean. I've been busy with school work and another school project so I am really pressed for time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice Sb, the pencilz work is great, the rendering and lines so beautifull, some prepective and anatomy issues but nothing serious, nothing with pratice u wont work it out. this last paiting is real nice, the reflections are well captured. good job man. keep sharing

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff you got here, really like your rendering. I remember you from the workshop there were only like a handful of us brothas there.lol
    keep up the good work!

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Call0ps:: Thanks man and you are right i am still working out the little perspective problems that i am having as well as the anatomy thanks for checking out the book!!

Unbreakable:: Thanks man, just trying to stay consistant Thanks for your help and support.

I am really trying to use my tablet so here is a first digi sketch i've been playing around with. I am trying to get consistent with my wacom so i guess its better late than never.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    v-nice, I would try to push the tonal range a bit more on this one, good work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff,good stuff, I really like the sps and the oils, this last one is pretty tasty too.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man. haven't visited your sketchbook in a long time, and it seems i've missed quite a bit. Your rendering control is becoming quite beautiful, and your figures are looking good. Only thing that really jumped out at me is how stiff some of your characters seem. Mostly in the legs though. good work man, keep it up.

Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey ashrumm!! wow soo much improvement on this page your characters really have come along and the poses are becoming less stiff, very dynamic in some . the portraits have a great sculptural lighting going on and awesome hatching(i suck at hatching,lol), uhm something about the eyes though, and it's in a lot of your drawings. i think they are just a bit misplaced, oh and the reason i think they might be like that and the poses are a bit stiff could be because you are going into the detail too early? i do this all the time. i absolutely love your oils. they are soo great

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, your characters have gotten really strong!

haha I just wish you updated more Great stuff Aaron!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm, That is very nicve here indeed. Your progression is very impressive. Unfortunately i did only look through the 1st and the last page so the difference is the more remarkable.

Your pencil is very confident and you have very high-quality stuff in your bunch, like here: http://onajii.com/a_sketches/mech_mart_2.jpg

Digitals coming along well, too. Is just see sometimes that the habit of drawing too big eyes still gets to you. Especially in those self-portraits of yours.

Keep on moving!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ham-e:: Thanks man and you are right unfortunately I have moved on from that piece but i do agree with your observation.

Bojee:: Thank you sir it is greatly appreciated.

Sepulverture:: I do agree I am having problems with stiffness but lets hope i get that worked out here real soon.

Pennington:: You are dead on I have been commiting too early I get too excited about renderingl. Thanks for your help.

Dile:: You are right Dile i have been slacking with the updates that for sure. Let us hope that this will soon change.

Faust:: I would have to agree the eyes in the self portraits are a bit bulbous its funny i laugh every time I look at them.

Well I am finally back i really need to start posting more often I don't have much with this update just a couple of things. Tell me what you guys think!

These are from the Bargue book I finished the first too plates planning on really getting into this, in the summer.

And here is one of my latest concepts, I really need to work on folds

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAWT great update. i'm gonna have to pick me up that book too! spectacular concept as well.

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn dude you have really come a long way! 'm loving all the character sketches going on. Great stuff ashrumm, Can't wait to see them bargue drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The bargue drawings are great, I'd love to see them again less blurry. The concept drawing is pretty nice too, I really like him from the waist down although there is some funny anatomy going on with the attatchment of his right leg to his hip. I'd love to see you engage the background on these, and maybe push the values more. Great work, keep it coming, and thanks for stopping by my book.

Last edited by Bojee; April 16th, 2007 at 08:12 AM.
    "absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff! I agree with Bojee about the last character.

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You say *I* improve quick ? haha , the last update is really nice!
    for the characther, I really like it! I think you should watch the eyes and lips though.. Although I can see you are already studying that from the Charles Bargue book so , hehe , just keep up the great work!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great thread!! I see huge improvement!!! Especially like your anatomy studies!! I learned loads just looking at them!!!! And that's what we're here for,learning, right?!!! Thankx for the kind words in my thread!!
    --- Keep UP the good work

---:::the eye of the beholder:::---

žketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy crap, the progress uve made from the beggining of ur book to now is insane! very inspirational. thankyou.

OBX - drawing a.d.d.
    The art of Joel Hladky

-Fear is the enemy of Imagination - Andrew Jones-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pennington:: Hey man thanks alot i'm still having a few issues with posture and folds but i plan on working those out here in the near future!!

Skeiff:: Thanks bro, your support is greatly appreciated!!

Bojee:: Thanks, and you are right i didn't see that unitl you mentioned it! sharp eye! And i do agree i need to engage the background as well not just a floating character! I'll be changing that here soon. Thanks sharing some of your insight.

Unbreakable:: Thanks man,

Dile:: Thanks little bro, I'll keep a watch on the eyes and lips!

B.one:: I'm glad they helped you out i should be doing more of them! and you are right we are here to learn from one another!!

OBX:: No, thank you for checking out my book and thanks for your kind words.

Thanks everyone for your honest support i swear i get more from you guys then i do in my classes which is why i should post a hell of alot more than i do. I'm really trying to work on that.

This is a study of an awesome painter who teaches at the school i attend i did it in painter! I had to try one after my bro Darktwin did a study. tell me what you guys think

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that last painting is nice no crits here.

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.