Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks

#10 - Face of Dead

Well, i dont have a real breath taking post to show you guys today, but it just have to do hehe, today i made a face shot of Sin, really need to work more on facial structure, as Kaoki so nicely have pointed out, bustin my thread and all

to the answers (answer)

--- C&C (Answer)s ---
    Kaoki: I totally agree with you, i really need to put some time figuring out facial structure, i have been drawing bodys to much so now i need to draw a shitbunch of faces, compensating the skills i have in body structure, it's just down sad to not get a hold of the complete subject before you try to push it to the next level, i promise to get down and dirty with them faces, and as a reminder of my complete failure you better keep that post online a couple of month's hehe, just remember to take it away if you plan to red X it
    tnx for the c&c anyhow!
    --- C&C End ---

Well, here is the face of death...

Gridurs Daily Madness[nude] - #31 - Dancing witches and Morbid Torsos!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi dude thanks for keeping a watch over my stuff
    You are getting some nice crits and comments here man - way to go and you are geting your stuff down solid, hehe.
    The lips on the last one is so nicely done dude! Grrrr, hehe - good work!

Thanks
    Hey dude - nice progress you're making. I would suggest doing some foreshortening studies. A couple of your studies are looking a little flat. Also do some value studies to suggest the volume rather than using linework

Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    NIce stuff! As everyone else, I like the lady sin-stuff even though her face doesn't really fit in with the nice body you've made. The face-studies you did, seemed to do you a lot of good, do some more, and she'll be lookin' real hot real soon

peace

d-C

Thanks

#11 - Sin WIP

Hey all!

Today im tired as f*ck, been busy working on a new website to the game studio that i work for (the only gfx artist in the bunch hehe) so that have taken most of my time, the site will be launched at monday so i'll post you guys a url then, today i have what some might say is a pretty lame post, a Wip post, but i hope to make a nice scene from this one, so the following days will probably be a little wip focused, dont have the gut to start a wip thread (or want to) but i hope to maybe be able to make it to the finally finished forum (the forbidden place) for the first time here at ca.org. so you guys better wish me luck and give me some bone hard critique to help me make a bad ass piece.

now to Answers

--- C&C Answers ---
    Fellah: hehe you better know I have my eyes plasterd on your SB.
    Well im working on getting things solid, i need alot of improvement, but i think im getting somewhere anyhow =)
    btw, i saw billy idol at conan o'brian today, old man rocks hard, real cool stuff. wished i had that washboard when i get to his age hehehe...
    ---
    Andrew: Im right on it, have been keeping foreshoreing in my mind while sketching on my analog pad, been pretty busy doing head studies though, but i'll try to apply some depht on the fullbody pieces to, this wip i will try to work some more with volume, will be a color piece in the end, so if i dont want to make it a comic styled pic i better get down and dirty with them volumes
    ---
    dCept: Hey dude, nice by you to drop in =) i've been putting some more work on them face studies, think im making some progress, will be continueing till i feel that i go past my body anatomy knowlage, so that i can produce full works that dont look strange in a certain part, better make it all good, or all bad then some good and some bad hehe (sounds kinda wierd though)

very well, peace on you to
    --- Answer End ---

Here is the wip!

Thanks
    Your stuff is coming along nicely. Great rendering on the bodies. I see you got that down. The forehead is a little long on that head only pic. Keep the ladies coming. Awesome stuff. Later
    !darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks

#12/1 - Backdrop with skintones

Hi all, a little update for you all to compensate for the lame updates lately, today i will probably post twice, first the backdrop that i will post now and later something on the backdrop, probably a test to render a colored version of sin, this will probably be a wip though, the piece i did yestoday didnt work out quite as i planed so after a couple of hours of lame trying i gave it up.

This backdrop i think can help me get some inspiration to do some nice stuff, and not anything like the lame color work i posted last time, thatone was on the brink of total self humiliation hehehe.

Over to todays answer!

--- C&C Answers ---
    Darkchild: Thanx man, well now when i look at the face, the forehead really seam to be quite long, i hate long foreheads so that really suprice me, usually i draw pretty small foreheads =) will keep this in mind for future sin renderings.
    --- Answers End ---

Heres todays post #1, a backdrop with some skin tones attached to it, wich tone should i use on sin?

more to come l8r

Thanks

13 - Project SIN wip

I was accually supposed to post this yestoday, but my net were caput so i had to wait with the post till now.

Very well, this is the wip that im working on, Lady sin is shaded in b&W. i need to work on the shadows now, and correct some anatomical problems before i can proceed to the color work, i hope the shading is finished till next post, if you see any flaws, dont be scared to point them out!

Thanks

#14 - Sin in Color

Hey again! time for a wip update, this time lady sin have goten her self a tan (more color than b&w anyway ) i still got alot of work ahead of me, but this one i will work on till im happy with it, got some trouble with the forms right now, and one of the foots looks wierd, the left hand is pretty fucked up to, but this will be fixed, right now im doing alot of shadow work, trying to findout where to put it all, so this is top priority at the moment.

Very well, more updates will come!

Thanks
    i agree with everyone about your shading, it super smooth!
    great coloring so far, and you said you are going fix the hands a feet so...
    nothin else

Thanks

Dianosis

The cast shadow on the breast on the color version is confusing and unnecessary ~~~ the form in b/w version reads stronger ~~~ usually less is more ~~~ it is all about form

Thanks
    your stuff is gettting stronger for every post man - nice to see!
    I agree a bit with mentler about the shadow. The fleshtone looks nice The background symbol gets a bit lost around her arms. Very nice shading - again

Thanks
    I'm have to agree with everyone else--your shading is beautifully smooth. Now, at the risk of sounding ignorant (you might have said it elsewhere), did you computer color her?

I also love the sharp contrast between the shadowed areas and the highlighted fleshtones--very nice. I agree that the shadow across her chest is a little distracting (although I certainly understand where you were going with it.

Great work!

Tom

Thanks
    You are already getting better man! Now you're already out of my league so I've got nothing to crit, now

Well, perhaps her head is a bit bulky on the colored one... Great work, nonetheless! Keep it up!

Thanks

#15 - WIP's and busted eyes

Hi all!

Been busy a great deal of the day working on Sin, i really start to like the skin tone now, but i have to work hard on some apparent problems, her left hand for example, its f**ked up like hell at the moment so that will be given a great deal of time to fix it up, also i need to put some time on the face, this is surtenly one top priority to make a nice rendering and bring out the character strong.
    Well, todays work have mostly been polishing the skin, fixing small things and adding a knife to her right hand, the lines have been fixed some to just to make her fit into the background more but also make her pop out some.

Other news is that we relesed our website today, a great deal of work have been put down to make this, im pretty intensive webdesigner so i did most of the work under 2 days, This site dont reflect much of my style but im still pretty darn proud over it, and i hope it gives the company a great face out to the masses, remeber that Spell of Play mainly produces casual games, our current project can be downloaded and tested at the site so hurry up over there and catch it =) and tell us what you think on the forum

Im pretty beaten up right now, not much sleep lately, this can be seen in my right eye, it pretty darn busted up, just had to take a picture, it went out pretty nice, a little photomanip for y'all

Very well, over to C&C Answers

--- C&C Answers ---
    dees: Thanx man =) soon im going to get cockey about my shadeing if y'all keep giving me so sweet comments about it hehe be carefull

As you might see, i havent have time to totaly fix the feet/hand problem yet, but im totaly on it, will fix it tommorow =)
    ---
    Mentler: Your words are my law, the chest shadow is wasted so now the torso area is all equaly litten, hope you like the result =) tnx for the tip!
    ---
    Fellah: Tnx man, it's all owe to you guys, one seam to push himself a lot harder when people are watching, feels pretty darn good to have started posting stuff here, and i will try not to dissipoint the masses in the future =)

I will se if i can fix the symbol thingie when Sin is complete, i have the background in a own file, with layers and stuff so it wont be so hard to make it come some to the side i think, something i defenitly will look into later on...
    ---
    Tom: Tnx man, i hope the colored version lives up to your expectations, and yes, she is computer colored, this sketchbook is mostly digital stuff all together, my scanner is f**ked so i wont be able to post analog stuff till i get a new sweet scanner, when this happen im sure to post more often, i do alot of sketching in the days so i got alot of stuff that i cant post due to the scanner problem =)

Well the shadow is gone now, so i hope that makes everybody happy =)
    ---
    Faust: hehe well i think there is alot of crits you can give me, like the hand problem, and the head is wierd yet, and one of the feet's are odd and so on, i think that this piece is a little better that my other work because im putting down silly much time on it, so i got alot of room for f**king up, and fixing it, im going to work on this one till im complettely happy with it, if it has to take a week or a year, but i hope i can finish her up asap!

Tnx for the comment, and dont be afraid to crit!
    --- End Answers ---

Here is a update, in 100% size this time, so that you can se some details!

Now i just have to go to bed, cya guys tommorow!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast