X-Ray Monitor

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: X-Ray Monitor

Thanks

X-Ray Monitor

If you took off the glass and screen of a CRT or LCD monitor(whichever one is more interesting) what would it look like?

I've tried emailing various monitor manufacturers, and I don't think any of the reps are interested in doing anything other than selling and providing support. I have an idea and concepts are welcomed to, but what i'm really looking for is an actual picture of the insides of the monitor screen...

any and all input is welcomed.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Too bad I throw away my old CRT monitor, or I could've take it a part and send you the photos.
    But if you go around those big office buildings on garbage collecting days, you may find some.
    i know crt has this electron gun, so if you take off the glass and look inside from the front, it's not much to see. As for LCD, probably bunch of thin wires nets..

or maybe it's another world behind the screen!!!

I wonder what wacom looks like if I take it apart...

Thanks
    My guess is that you wouldn't see much at all aside from the electron gun aparatus at the back. The actual monitor bulge is a vacuum inside as far as I know, though don't take my word for it.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    LCDs are working with some kind of cristaline fluid that changes their color/direction/whatever when a electric input is given...so you probably wont see much interesting stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    do not take off the glass face of a monitor. They are vacuum sealed. The inside of the screen is coated with phosphor as well. When the monitor is not shielded there may, or may not be a capacitor inside that runs the risk of serious electric shock. It's not the volts that kill you, it's the amperes. It only takes .3 amperes to kill someone so don't mess around with it unless you're familiar with electrical theory. If you do get shocked the fun doesn't end at "ooh that was a tingle". Electric shock may cause problems that you may not feel until later. Nausea, vomiting, muscle spasms or hert problems that can cause sudden death without warning. I'd recommend sticking to photos that you can find unless you can have a trained electrician dismantle a monitor for you. Messing around with an IC on a circuit board is small potatoes in the risk department in comparison to dismantiling a CRT. As an Aviation Electricians Mate in the Navy I can tell you first hand that electricity is not something to toy with unless you have the proper training. Do not ignore warning labels.
    -Mike V

Thanks
    Can't win a Darwin Award if you don't ignore the warning labels.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow
    do not take off the glass face of a monitor. They are vacuum sealed. The inside of the screen is coated with phosphor as well. When the monitor is not shielded there may, or may not be a capacitor inside that runs the risk of serious electric shock. It's not the volts that kill you, it's the amperes. It only takes .3 amperes to kill someone so don't mess around with it unless you're familiar with electrical theory. If you do get shocked the fun doesn't end at "ooh that was a tingle". Electric shock may cause problems that you may not feel until later. Nausea, vomiting, muscle spasms or hert problems that can cause sudden death without warning. I'd recommend sticking to photos that you can find unless you can have a trained electrician dismantle a monitor for you. Messing around with an IC on a circuit board is small potatoes in the risk department in comparison to dismantiling a CRT. As an Aviation Electricians Mate in the Navy I can tell you first hand that electricity is not something to toy with unless you have the proper training. Do not ignore warning labels.
    -Mike V

thanks bud, i know about the vacuum dealio, that's why i always face the screen away from my stomach (my high school chem teacher told us if we fell on it it would suck our intestines out)

but i'm more interested in the LCD innerworkings anyhow, seeing as i have an LCD monitor.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Wohlwend
    thanks bud, i know about the vacuum dealio, that's why i always face the screen away from my stomach (my high school chem teacher told us if we fell on it it would suck our intestines out)

but i'm more interested in the LCD innerworkings anyhow, seeing as i have an LCD monitor.

ok.. how the HELL would a monitor suck your guts out?
    especially if its not even plugged in.. I dont see how it could even do that, it was created to make a picture, not be a house cleaning device...

Thanks
    If you landed on it and broke the screen, with a jagged piece cutting your stomach open, it could get pretty damn ugly.

Thanks
    Electricity has nothing to do with it. If you have a large vacuum space, air will be sucked in very rapidly should a hole be made. I don't think the implosion cause by a breaking monitor would be able to suck out your guts though, holding it to your stomach.

/fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Floris Didden
    Electricity has nothing to do with it. If you have a large vacuum space, air will be sucked in very rapidly should a hole be made. I don't think the implosion cause by a breaking monitor would be able to suck out your guts though, holding it to your stomach.

be that as it may, i'm just looking for pictures to use as reference...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow
    -Mike V
    Just put rubber glove on, and you'll be fine.
    As for the vaccum suck your intestine out, its a bit exaggerated. Stay away from the CRT when you break it with a baseball bat, the only injury you'll receive is the flying broken glass.

"Nausea, vomiting, muscle spasms or hert problems that can cause sudden death without warning" Now that explains why some geeks in our dorm are always sick. XD

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.