tatooed elf sketch *first entry*

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Take it apart, if you want.
    I guess it's not really a doodle, I took the time to scan and shade it in photoshop. but I dont think it's good enough for the main page so here we are.

It's not actually an elf. I really, really hate elves. It's an Aelfborne, a half-elf from the game Shadowbane. The game is very based heavily on guild warfare and PvP, so it isnt for everyone, but you should read the lore at least.

Last edited by Peepers; March 14th, 2003 at 01:42 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bastards.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

i know how you feel man... thats why i decided to post.

you might want to work on the proportions of the head. the eyes seem out of place, and the ear looks like its too flat... actually the pic looks flat... srry! these boards are made for crits right?

dont worry though. if you keep on practicing it will definately get better.

Click | testing stages

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heh, yeah im the king of threads that get just a reply or 2, if that

sometimes a thread will just sit there for like a week until one preson says something, than everyone has something to say about it, its wierd

anyway i dont have much to say about it except what statezero said other than it looks alot like akid i used to know, its kinda creepy looking at it

VERY mercenary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi peepers...don't get upset about people not responding. When I first started posting here no one replied...I kept posting in one thread and now I have 10,500 views on my thread...and my stuff is awful at this point! If you push hard and really want to work people will help you out. You should be posting for YOUR benefit. Post it and move on to the next drawing so you can get better. Posting a drawing helps get it out of the way so you won't get hung up on it...for me at least.

As far as this head goes there are some things that need to be changed. First off the eyes should be lined up and they are not. Even if the head is tilted you should be able to draw a straight line through the center of each iris. See the drawing I posted. Also the head should be seen as a cylinder. The face is on a big of a curve...in this drawing though you have shown the whole right eye (the elf's right eye that is) and the whole eye would not have been visible from this angle. The bridge of the nose would cover part of the eye and we would only see the edge of the eye. Also the direction of each eye is different. They look as if they are pointed in different directions. The size of the elf's left eye is also significantly bigger than his right eye. This is the same type of problem with the other features...the face is on a curve like a cylinder but you haven't portrayed that here. You want to move away from drawing that black line on one side of the nose that you used to show the "shaded" side of it. The nose is a structure made up of triangular type shapes...etc...for instance the bump (what is that part of your nose called?) above the right nostril (the elf's right nostril) would be slightly visible from this angle but the nose in this pic almost looks as if it is in profile. Same with the mouth...it looks pasted on and not on a curve. Draw some heads from life and get a skull and do skull drawings all the time...This is a good start but keep pushing. The biggest thing is don't stop...it's good you posted here. Keep pushing and draw from life!

In this pic I am showing you how the eyes are misaligned and also how the edge of the lips don't line up with the center of eye which they should.

Last edited by MindCandyMan; March 20th, 2003 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you very much!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anytime ...heads are tough. Heads and hands kill me...hard to learn. Post more of your stuff..

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.