Sketchbook: +more work+ s 8/22 - Page 23
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was going to mention something similar to what Yautja did above, about having similar values across different materials....but I like the detailing! I'm glad you worked them through.

Thanks for being kind...I'm really not sure where I'm trying to take my art quite yet, so i'll probably just spend the next few years trying to figure that out

On a side note...I realized that the only scanner I have access to sucks - yours look nicely captured, what kind do you have?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you for sharing...this is some priceless stuff for someone starting to learn to draw..thank you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok wow the difference between last and first page is...HUGE!
    Huge progress. Nice rendering and studies.

Very nice Sketchbook!

Keep up the hard work!

~B. Klarić
    ---SSG#46---
    Blaz ł MarkWinters ł petitemistressł sfa ł Shmaba
    -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo I just realized we started our scetchbooks around the same time and seeing your improvement compared to mine it kinda makes me angry... oh well, just wanted to say that your renderings have gotten a lot more focused. Just a question, though, do you intent to keep that theme going you're having? I mean your stuff in general is extremely organic and curved and there's no tech stuff, and if there is tech stuff, I mistake it for seacrab-stuff.

Just wanted to remind you that you are on your way of developing an extremely distinct style in terms of subject and rendering. If that's what you are intending, by all means, go on! I would prefer some expertise in other design-forms and themes (landscapes, vehicle-design, tech, medieval, own, new stuff, etc) for myself, though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy cow! Theese renderings are tasty! Great improvement. 4 or 5 stars...what a hek i'll give you a five!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MeTaL-Mike: Thanks you, Im over them, its time to improve upon them in future drawings.

Yautja892: Great critique man, after reading your reply I see exactly what your talking about. Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective, which I completely agree with.

Jakers: I have to also thank you for the crique, its so good to get fresh artist eyes to look at each others work. The scanner I use is a Canon, CanoScan Lide 600F, I know what mean with bad scanners. Before I bought this I was using an all in one hp piece. It was cheap and sometimes you get what you pay for.

bradjames: No problem, I'm glad my sketchbook can be of service.

Blaz: Thank you, will do

~Faust~: You make a really great point faust, I'm currently working on a lot of the stuff you mentioned. You'll see some of it very soon.

motives: Thanks, your words definitely give me energy to work harder, its a long road ahead, and its time to get walking.

Hey everyone, thank you for the great feedback, If it wasn't for the feedback I probably wouldn't be working hard. Thanks Everyone, sorry for the spaced out updates. I have midpoint review coming up very soon, so I've been working hard on developing my thesis project. So much is going on, but I have to find time to update my sketchbook regularly. These aren't anything great, some random stuff. Last 3 drawings are wips. Thanks for viewing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy crap man your skill is amazing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    T_manAKATruman: Thanks for he compliment, but I know I still have a lot to grasp artistically.

Alright So I've been busy as hell working on my midpoint book and presentation. Finished the book last Thursday which has taken up a lot of time getting things organized. Also my new Dell laptop has been expericeing a lot of problems and I've been on the phone with dell for the last 3 days trying to fix one problem and running into another. I'm not able to reformat my laptop because of the hard drive isn't registering. This has taken up a lot of my time trying to deal with it. So dell is going to email me a hard drive on Monday I hope!! Luckily I have a desktop, but the time trying to fix the problem has cost me a lot of time, but what can you do. I really hope the hard drive that comes in the mail fixes my problem.

So here below is a new Ecroche model. Instead of focusing on the details of the bone and muscles of the body, Ecroche 2 focuses on the planes of the body. The anatomist we focus on are Bridgman and Richer. In the images below I'm blocking in the legs. I made the mistake of not adding the feet initially while blocking in the legs. By not doing so my legs were very hulk like by the end of class. For the last 5 minutes I cut a lot of clay away from my legs. A lot of work

Note: Always step away from your sculpt periodically, and always work all over your model especially in the blocking in phase. I still have to take a little more clay off and then start to define the planes of the legs more. For me this is a great way to understand anatomy, I'm not just drawing the form over and over again, I'm constructing it 3 dimensionally. So far this class is going good. I will keep you updated on this as well as everything else. Thanks for checking out my book. I wish my initial instructor was still with the academy, but the instructor now seems to be alright.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is a digi eviornment speedy, worked from a thumbnail of mine, more focused on the composition and space.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You recent work is really cool, Darktwin! Your evolution from your first drawings is really nice.
    Your sculpting is cool, too. It is an initial guide to sculpt human figure or is a design of some cyborg/human-like robot?
    The environment looks very expressive, it is a battlefield with cannons, ins't it? I say this because, viewing it from another point of view, looks like big chimneys with an industrial-pollution background.
    Greetings! Keep submitting works!

+++Welcome to the machine+++
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, sketchbooks like this give me hope. The progress you've went through in just a couple years is fugging jaw-dropping. So inspirational to know that this type of stuff actually works, the only thing to it is practice. Kudos to you for sticking it out and putting the hours into it. Crazy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    D-V364:Thanks for stopping in my sb man, to answer your first question, its an Ecroche sculpt I'm working on for a class. The class is actually this ecroche model unlike my last ecroche sculpt is the study of the male anatomy surface planes. Its a combination of Brigdmen and Richier. The digi environment I did, those are cannons, I didn't put enough detail into them , thanks for stopping by

molotov_billy:Thanks man, yeah have to keep at at, and keep after it. Its a never ending, thats the great challenge.

More ecroche pictures, passed my mid point, so things are back to normal for now. I have a lot of work to do, I wish the day was longer. thanks for viewing guys another update very soon. thanks for viewing.

Mark Bot is offline full of gears and wires Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, really nice sculpt, can't wait to see what it looks like when you're finished. My only real comment would be that in some of your renderings you seem to render every part individually instead of focusing on the lighting as a whole which ends up giving your form 3 or 4 hard hightlights instead of one good focal point. Generally try to make one hightlight the brightest one and then give all the others slightly darker values depending on order or importance.

extremely minor crit i'd say. in general all your stuff is quite impressive

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark Bot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is so much to see and enjoy in your sb. Just for the record, I think your pencil rendering is like butter. So smooth.

That clay is shaping up nicely too. Good form. Dunno if you've mentioned it in any of your posts, but what's the height? It looks pretty tall.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Johann de Venecia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GusTheRobot: You are very right about me rendering sections of a drawing individually. Its something I need to really focus on when rendering. Most of the time I go into a trance when rendering, I draw an arrow for the direction my light source is coming from, but I need to work on that one strong area being affected to create a focal point. thanks again for bringing this to my attention good eye mate good eye.

lukavi: Hey Lukavi, thanks for stopping by my book, your work is truly an inspiration . Being an artist is a definite journey, I have a lot of learning to do. As for the sculpt, its height is 32 inches tall, so a little under 3 feet tall.

Again thanks for checking out my book and replying, I've been busy working on stuff. finishing up some drawings, digi figure studies and the ecroshe sculpt, I forgot to take my camera to class this time around but I'll be going in this weekend to work on the pectoral area, its coming along, a few more weeks and we should be done with the figure sculpt, to move on to a large head study sculpt. Please feel free to crit.

Last edited by Darktwin; November 1st, 2007 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey great updates. The last one looks really amazing.

when you get to hell, tell them I sent you - you`ll get a group discount

My Sketchbook

kischisart.com
    available for freelance

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kischi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The last picture has huge appeal! I think its that lovely hard line going down the back?? I think I can already sense a bit more thought about the materials in your military-like rendering...getting better and better bud. Beautiful nude/exoskeleton design (ya I hope you know what I'm talking about).

The robot is creative, but somehow it doesnt feel like it has a functional/believable design ya know? I think its the kind of awkward shapes in the torso and the basic integration of the basket? Anyways its for fun so lets not get serious here! later

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man! your stuff is coming along very nice! I also really the like the black and white study, but I really like that sculpture your doin!

Anywho, bout' that Seattle workshop, I'm not sure. Are you going to go?

sketchy poo(sketchbook)
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...87#post2014787

"I do not judge, I only chronicle"... sargent

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kischi: Thanks I spent some time on it, new to painter, new to digi tools still, having lots of fun with it. Hope your doing well yourself.

Jakers: You make a really good point about my recycle bot, its design wouldn't really be practical in a realistic setting. I was just putting lines down and thats what I manifested. Thanks for stopping by

minjarr: Hey whats up Minjarr, yeah, I'm going to the seattle workshop, hoping to learn a ton, like the last one. I hope to see you there man, cheers,

thanks for stopping by everyone, later this afternoon I have my ecroshe class, so I'll be taking pictures of my progress. for now here is another figure study in painter, worked on it off and on, having fun understanding painter. Will see you soon.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow the last figure in painter is amazing!
    Also really like the trash recycling robot concept!

Overall, very nice updates! Still no crits from me!

~blaž

~B. Klarić
    ---SSG#46---
    Blaz ł MarkWinters ł petitemistressł sfa ł Shmaba
    -

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Blaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    like your nude-studies! very dynamic!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think the sculpt looks amazing. do share some more pictures of that, and how it's developing.

painter figure studies look also really solid. nice lighting and i like the sort of more organic brushwork you're getting. i'm guessing oil brushes but really don't know painter that well. looking good.

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to tensai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Blaz:
    Thanks you

Josef K.: Thanks, more of those coming

tensai: Whats going on tensai, love your work man, very inspiring.

Thanks for stopping in my sketchbook everyone, here are some ecroche updates, I'll be going in to work on it more today.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Darktwin For This Useful Post:

Eric Cartman is offline Pushing Limits In My Mind. Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like your sketches dude,pretty of gestuality on this sb.keep posting.

'I do not feel punished; rather purified'
    'To restrict the artist is a crime. It is to murder germinating life.'Egon.Schiele'

MY SKECTHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No crit. Your paintings blow me off my feet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Faust: Thanks man, getting a little use to painter.

Eric Cartman: Thanks for the stopping in.

I spent the last few days messing around in my little sketchbook, With most of these I started very loose and gestural with a few lines, made changes here and there wasn't trying to think much when doing these, it was fun. I wasn't trying to think, but of course I ended up thinking when I saw an interesting shape. More to come.

Again thanks for looking

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is a little update of stuff I was working on for my midpoint review a few weeks back title "Spring and Fall", I recently worked on rendering the characters and thought I'd share, and an owl doodle in my small sketchbook, thanks for stopping in.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Eric Cartman is offline Pushing Limits In My Mind. Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Expresive those ones in toned paper,you should be working on it,i think it's dynamic the way you did it.

'I do not feel punished; rather purified'
    'To restrict the artist is a crime. It is to murder germinating life.'Egon.Schiele'

MY SKECTHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    niice, the sculpture comes great!
    and i like a lot the last creature heads.

keep it up
    zD

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4