Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    ME LOVES HEADS > keep uploading some heads, plzz. pllzz. i beg you. !!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wow, lots of variety in those faces, and your potraits look great as always! I can't say enough how I love how you handle a pencil!
    Sketchbook

Quote Originally Posted by Julianna
    Wow, I might as well have said "I am working on a book urging the beating to death of baby whales using the dead bodies of baby seals."

Thanks

demented:
    thanks man,

Asoir:
    HAHA, thats awesome, I didn't see the watermelon animation at first, thats awesome.

blanquish:Its funny that you ask that, When I go home I'm going to be doing Portraits of the family, mom and dad both. Good advise man.

oma: Me LUV heads to, thanks man, but I need to do a better job of mixing it up. I'll eventually get there.

Derram:Thanks man, but Your about to see how I handle charcoal, not so good. thanks for viewing man.

Here are a some of the portraits from my head drawing class from this summer. I really learned a lot and got a lot out of the class. I wish the class was longer. Zhao Ming Wu was very inspiring to watch and learn from. Just watching him work was jaw dropping. To have a talented and great teacher like himself behind us students helping us grow as artist was amazing.

Below are some of the drawings from class including the homework that was done over the course of the 8 weeks semester. Class met twice a week, monday and thursday for 6 hours, 8:30am - 3pm. All the work was done on large 18 x 24 drawing pad. Most of the drawings were done using Charcoal pencils, some a combination of vine and charcoal pencils for detail. I kind of screwed myself because I used a crappy quality paper for the entire semester. Not saying its the reason for a lot of the bad drawings I produced, but I think that higher quality paper would have made the process much smoother. here is the progression of the drawings posted from beginning to end of the semester.

+more work+  s  8/22
    This was first homework assignment, pretty shitty, I procrastinated and this was the result.
    +more work+  s  8/22
    This was from class, the model was freaking hot, half japanese and Spanish, to bad she's married.
    +more work+  s  8/22
    This guy was a really cool model.
    +more work+  s  8/22
    Second homework assignment
    +more work+  s  8/22
    Reverse lighting from the bottom, teach was trying to mix it up a little.
    +more work+  s  8/22
    This was the last homework assignment, decided to do it on tone paper, "pot green" is the name.
    +more work+  s  8/22
    This was the last day of class and I got tired of drawing the damn model so I started drawing from my head.

Thanks
    Hey man, really great stuff here. You handle the charcoal and pencil well. Really like that last monster too. Yum.

Thanks
    Just looking at where you started at mid june to now is like apples and oranges bro, Huge strides keep it up!!

Thanks
    Sup Darktwin

Really kickass wonderful faces you have here bro. Seeing a few very small structural problems, but that may just be me.... Your rendering skillz are insane - great feeling for form and shape, the values have been expertly handled. Lovely work, keep us updated mate!

- d.

Thanks
    impresseve and neat stuff in here... love it all... keep posting!

Thanks
    Dile and I both were working on a Master study, here is the structure drawing and the finish rendered version. The crucial part of getting the face right is the underlaying structure. this drawing took me about an hour and 20 mins including the structure layout.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    like I said in your other thread... god damn!!

Great stuff!

Thanks
    Hey man, you and Dile have both nailed this one. Love your charcoal, very soft and sensitive, just like the subject matter. The far eye is looking a tad odd at times, but overall I don't really see anything here to crit. Great job dude, keep them rolling in. Your commitment is really inspiring.

ciao dude!

- d.

Thanks
    ugh, great drawings, darron! wonderful to see your progress. the portraits just show so much understanding of the structure, i'm kind of blown away. my favourite is the drawing on the "pot green", love how you placed it on the paper and the expression you managed to catch. you know, i'm a fan of portraits anyway, but your work is pure eyecandy. thanks for sharing! cheers,
    stine

Thanks
    yeahah,,, again a face.... you gotta love the faces > i do.
    Nice master study.. and cool renderred!

Hope to see more.

Thanks
    i love ur pencil drawings, the shading and all and i loved the bird studies! keep up the good work!
    blog : Running Red Lights

Behance Portfolio : MEMEME

Thanks
    Hi there! Great works, I really love those portraits from your drawing class from august 14, like how you have handled the carchoal. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Man, you just keep banging these out, nice job! I think it might just be me, but the eyes in this newest one feel a tad big, maybe it's just the pupils, I dunno. It's not distracting or anything. So many damn fine portraits, "Pot Green" is lookin awesome. I like that you didn't go overboard with the highlights, excellent. Egg-cellent all around!

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast