Sketchbook: +more work+ s 8/22 - Page 21

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man good stuff as usual. Boldly posting that cheesecake was a good move! Keep working out the subtlties in those forms in those imaginary drawings. Great studies too, but I would like to see some more solidity in the faces that aren't from life, they are often in need of some slight more indication of the form, such as in the cheek and forehead area, notorious trouble spots. It looks like you have been real busy, keep at it.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice leg studies...
    whats with the strawberry pie?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just found your thread. Very excellant studies...thanks for sharing! =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    as usual good stuff happening in here. Nice to see your cooking skills too. I like to mix it up in the kitchen from time to time, myself.

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow,you've got some really great stuff. Great hatching and I really like your 'cetaphin'. Great digital.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kronos:Thanks man, appreciate it. No I'm not going to post the image of the next cheesecake because it doesn't exist anymore. That cakes been long gone.

kischi: Yeah I really like bridgeman, I hope to gain a better understanding of strucuture.

Lawvalamp
    Cool, thanks for stopping in.

John T:
    Thanks for stopping in and critting my work. really appreciate the feedback as always.

stonecurly:
    thanks, its a cheesecake, not a strawberry pie. I just felt like sharing my progression in the culinary arts aswell.

TacticallyWacked: Thanks for stopping in

Unbreakableanke,

Yacob: Thanks

Thanks everyone for stopping and sharing a few words. Its been a crazy last few weeks. I got back into town from New York wendsday which was my birthday. Was in New York visiting friends and also attending a cast drawing workshop held at the Grand Central Academy, a new school founded by Jacob Collins. My entire stay in New York was amazing. I stayed with a couple of really good friends in Astoria, Queens and attended the workshop everyday for 7 days 9am to 5pm in Manhattan,(44th and 5 ave, really close to time square and bryant park). I could definitely see myself living in New York City with no problem. It was my first time and definitly not my last. Will be sharing those pictures soon.

Below are concept drawings for a CG short project I was apart of called "The Hunted". The project folded(died) due to drama and poor leadership in late april early may. These drawings were done months back, so they're not completely recent, but recent enough. Since the project died I'm able to share my contribution of intial concept ideas.

In any case it was experience working with a team on a project. I learned a lot from this experience even though it folded. The big problem I had with the project was poor leadership and direction for the concept team. We weren't getting any direction from our concept director. The guy couldn't communicate so save his life. It was definitly drawing in the dark from week to week. The leads didn't even know what they wanted. It was really frustrating, but I still wanted to contribute to the project. I had a feeling it was going to die. Once the managers of each area was selected, I knew the project was done. Heads would get big and feelings hurt when something wasn't going a certain way. I worked on creature concepts, Hydra, and Dragon designs. and weapon designs for the soliders in this fantasy cgshort.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, I'm digging the creature designs, lots of variety in them. Are all of those done with mechanical pencil?

I took your advice and picked up the Bridgeman book. Great stuff. I've had for about 3 weeks now, but I havent really started to dive into it yet. So far I've done some arm studies, and after drawing about 4 pages of arm studies, the improvement was evident. Cant wait to go through it. I'll probably start with some torso studies.

Damn, Im rambling. Anyway I love what youre doing. Keep up the fantastic work!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry for the delay guys, Its been a busy last few weeks. I went to New York City for the first time. It was an amazing experience. I first thought the city was going to be a bit much with all the people and towering buildings. Aaron and I flew into NYC on the 3rd of June. We stayed with some really good friends of ours In Astoria Queens for the duration of our trip. Other than visiting the friends Aaron and I attended a workshop at the Grand Central Academy. A 7 day cast drawing workshop that started on the 4th and ended on the 12th of June (excluding the weekend). Only a few hours after landing we jumped on the subway and hit Manhattan to explore and check out the location of the GCA (Grand Central Academy). The GCA is located on the 44th st and 5th ave. A block away from Time Square. GCA is a fairly recent school co founded by Jacob Collins a successful Classical realist artist. He personly has a school of his on set up on the lower level of his house on the upper west side in Mahattan called Water Street. Lots of people apply to get into his school with only 15 spots open. People cycle out after 3 years allowing the open spots to fill with new students wanting to learn from Jacob. Everyday for 5 days a week 8 hours a day from 9am to 5 pm the students are drawing. 4 hours cast drawing, and the latter 4 hours is drawing from the figure. During at the halway point students begin to learn the rigirous painting techniques. How can you not improve as an artist with that type of training?

The GCA is going to have the same structure when the core program starts in the September. The workshop cast drawing workshop was something that was truely amazing. I've never spent so much time on a drawing. The cast itself is burned into my head from looking at it so much . All the techniques and ideas learned, was something very different from what is taught at the school I attend. The instructor of the workshop was Camie Davis a very young hot talented artist. It was hard to focus on her critiques at times, the girl is beautiful. I assumed the instructor would be someone much older and less attractive.

This is the first batch of pictures is the room we worked in. A lot of these cast statues were donated from....I can't remember, damn, will find out and post. So here are some pic's from my experience. I took so many, so I'll be posting them in batches. enjoy.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Last edited by Darktwin; June 21st, 2007 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
Yes finally! Thanks for sharing darron! Saving every single one of them!

-Dennis

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New York Continued

Dile:No problem Dile, sharing the experience as best I can, glad you like them.

This next group of images are pictures I took of everyone working on their cast drawings. Most of the people attending the workshop were older ladies. Aaron, Alyson and I were the youngest students out of the 10 people present. Everyone was really cool, most of us went to lunch together. It was a really relaxed atmosphere we could take breaks when we wanted to. But Everyone was really focused since the workshop was only 7 days we all didn't actually finish, but the progress by most of the group was really good. My cast drawing is the last picture. I did the one of the eye of david cast. It was a really awesome learning experience. Aaron worked on the lips of david cast. enjoy. About half of the students here attend the night classes offered by the GCA so they have experience drawing cast. The other half of students (including myself) were expericing cast drawing for the first time.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Last edited by Darktwin; June 21st, 2007 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
  • Wow - speechless! I love those! again , thanks for sharing! I'm sure it was a great experience! keep working hard mate!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW, crazy pics, It looks like you had a great time there. The enviroment is powerful. Lots of cast to draw from.
    Thanks for sharing your experience dude, if you have more don't hesitate about postin', i'd love to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    intense man, intense...

thank you so much for sharing, haha that room is so badass!

"It was hard to focus on her critiques at times, the girl is beautiful" hilarious

thanks again for really taking the time to say something about the workshop, it sounds so awesome!

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah wow, thanks for sharing.There are good photos to work with.

when you get to hell, tell them I sent you - you`ll get a group discount

My Sketchbook

kischisart.com
    available for freelance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man...I want to study with Jacob soooo badly! haha. Great drawings! I especially love the portrait of the girl! Who did that?

Is it ok if you share with us how were taught to approach the actual modeling of the form?

THanks, and more pictures pls!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dile: Yeah it was an awesome experience Dile, it put alot of things into perspective for me. An experience I hope to use as a as a growing artist.

Diego: The Met donated the large cast statues to the GCA, that was very generous of them!! A lot of history in that room. Thanks for viewing, .

Kronos:
    haha, no problem, thanks for showing interest. .

kischi:thanks for checking it out.

patdzon:The instructor of the Cast drawing workshop, Camie Davis did that drawing. I'll share what i learned when I get a little bit of time, I'll be sure to send you a pm. Yeah I know how hard it is to get into Jacob's school. One of my good friends I stayed with recently got into Water Street. He's been there about 2 months now. He really loves it!! I'm happy for the guy. Apply if you haven't already, and keep working and reapplying, don't give up!

Thanks guys for showing interest, I'll be sure to post more pics, thats for sure. Below are more pics of the studio, I tried to get a little artistic with the next batch of pics, using the cast as frames and different composition pieces. The portrait drawing and painting at the bottom of this post is Camie's work she's entering into a gallery in september with an additional painting she's currently working on. The last drawing is Camie. Enjoy

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I just died....

OMG post MORE...

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
    1300 Factory Place, Unit 308
    Los Angeles, CA 90013
    www.korpus-la.com
    Blog
    Facebook Page

Twitter
    korpus.info@gmail.com
    Phone: 213-228-2014

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i too have just died...

you lucky mo fo hahaha.
    i'll be keen to see how this experience has effected your drawing from your head.

awesome awesome awesome awesome

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow i looked at your first Sb page i thought u were good, i was almost scared to see what you would do 10 pages later and all can say is ...wow. your drawings have become so much more clear and concise. keep going ... your good.

'Education is our passport to the future,
    for the future belongs to the people who prepare for it today.'
    Malcom X

God is love.

Sketchbook

BLOG

Looking for work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can imagine what a treat this is for Patdzon!hehe...
    Whenever we meet up, these type of technique and training is what he often talks about. I also learned about Collins school from him. And it's nice to see it here in your thread dude! It was really a treat! And it's killing me too with envy, those casts are gorgeous to draw!

Love the dragons, too!

Show us your plate!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, it's been a while since i've been in here. Really nice updates all around really love all the stuff from that workshop. I see your working on prop designs, which is kind of odd since i just started doing props myself not that good though. Keep up the good work!

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That was beautiful man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rebecca:
    I'm really glad you like, it was a great experience.

Kronos: haha, thanks man, I think it really has helped my understanding of light and value. I'm really starting to understand planes and lighting more.

markey2d: thanks for the kind words, still pushing ahead.

Bard: awesome, I glad the pictures I took can give you a little more perspective on the classical realism approach to drawing. Thanks for viewing.

Unbreakable: props is something that gets overlooked but they're things that have to be done. Not the most exciting stuff do, well, I guess it all depends. I had fun doing them.

Micaiah Nelson: Thanks Man, really appreciate the kind words, if your referring to the pictures, it definitely was a beautiful experience.

hello everyone, sorry its been awhile since I've updated my sb, I've been keeping myself busy, drawing a lot, and enjoying the summer a little. below are some bridgeman studies, loose sketches from my small sketchbook, and some character drawings, mixing 17th century and sci - fi together, just slightly. The last post is a plate I'm working on out of the bargue's book. There are some things wrong with it, but I'm moving a long. using the techniques I learned from the GCA workshop. Thanks for stopping in everyone.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those are awesome! I really like how your bargues are coming a long, I wish I had places for workshops like that. Those weapon studies are awesome too! nice designs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Skeiff: Thanks for stopping in man, your sb is really coming along nicely. Keep working hard man.

Wow, its really been awhile since I've updated my sb, being away visiting the family for awhile has kept me from updating without access to a scanner. So far this summer has been a really interesting journey thus far. With the Trip to New York for the first time experiencing the amazing workshop. Back to SF, then home to Kansas to see the family and old friends. A lot of drawing and reading in between all of that. Here are some drawings I'm working on, I think I'm going to partially render them.

I've really been working on my line quality in the initial stages of my drawings. By staying really light so its easy to change things from the start rather than committing to a line. I've also been working on my gesture a lot with the posemaniacs, 30 sec poses, it forces me to make decisions and let my hand create without thinking to much. Because of the quick 30 sec poses, I'm drawing faster.

Below I are some 18th century soldier concepts with a little modern/sci fi twist. and a few creatures.

Thanks for viewing everyone, and feel free to crit or comment.

General
    +more work+  s  8/22

wounded soldier smoking
    +more work+  s  8/22

forward assault soilder
    +more work+  s  8/22

Frenzied officer with smg
    +more work+  s  8/22

mother laying eggs
    +more work+  s  8/22

Protector of mother
    +more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow what a great update!!!! I totally love the first fully shaded soldier of your series 17th century scifi. Looks like Saber Rider but cooler
    Great lighting (shading) and anatomie. Your studies paying of a lot.
    The other concepts rock also.
    Deserved some stars

when you get to hell, tell them I sent you - you`ll get a group discount

My Sketchbook

kischisart.com
    available for freelance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the last ones are nice, i like this one especially for his cool mask. Great flow overall. I think the poses look a little stiff and 2-dimensional, meaning the limbs don't move enough on the forward axis, thus not creating enough depth to really make them look alive.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 428 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You have a lovely imagination, and you work so hard! I wanna know... what would be your dream job in the art world

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey DarkTwin, nice updates since I last visited. Thanks for posting all of the pics from that workshop. Seemed liked it was an awesome experience. Nice recent updates to, the line work is getting a lot better and the designs overall are awesome. One thing I notice is that many of your characters from imagination have the same perspective to them, maybe experiment with more extreme angles and more foreshortening such as having the viewer looking down at the character or from below. This is something I need to do as well. Keep up the good work.

Sketchbook

Pale Blue Dot

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What an amazing trip you had, thanks for sharing. Keep up the great work bro, thanks for the inspiration, and thanks for stoppin in.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

• Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1