Sketchbook: +more work+ s 8/22 - Page 20

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes that's exactly what I wanted to know about the book. I've got the Edweard Muybridge "The Human figure in Motion" plate book and I was thinking that the two together would be extremely useful. Lots of figures and hands, they're all looking good. One suggestion would be to incorporate a few simple cross contours and edges of forms, thinking of things in terms of blocks, to help show the direction of forms, Im mostly refering to the figures.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Incredible stuff Darktwin , I'm blown away . I have a noob question for you.What is the brush you used on your #561 post it's really nice .I just got painter and I'm trying to get that look but to no avail. It's beautiful .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Slord, I used the oil flat 30 and the round camelhair on the canvas layer, for some reason oils get transparent on mulitple layers. Its probably a setting I haven't adjusted yet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Weird, I just posted and it didn't show up, anyway I love the hands.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    life drawing figure studies and hands looking good man. it looks like you making quite short, a bit carefull strokes. see what happens if you look, and then just draw that shape or part with your whole arm. correct or not. you will be off often but i think it would be nice to try it out and take it to another level. you're measurements seem pretty spot on (i'm not the guy to really make that statement with any authority though).

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    n3gative:thanks

Faust: what a great idea faust. Thanks for stopping in man.

Unbreakable: Thanks you

Spats: Danke

stonecurly: thank you, still trying to level up.

armando: Thanks man, will try that out. We're in the same city we should get together and sketch sometime man, seriously.

slord: Thanks man, hope my reply helped you out.

Bojee: Don't you hate it when that happens, you keep updating and inspiring us all man.

tensai: Thanks for stopping in my book, I will try that out today, Love your sb man.

Thanks everyone for stopping in and encouraging me and giving me feedback. CA is such a modivational boost for me, so many amazing young artist all growing together. CA is a million times more inspiring than the school I'm attending. If it wasn't for CA I wouldn't be where I am now, with that said I have a long long ways to go.

Here are some sketch drawing doodles from a really little sketchbook I have. I thought I'd post them for all to see. I've been busy drawing concept stuff a short 3d animation trailer project, I wish I could show you all, but I can't yet. More anatomy and digi stuff on the way.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Darktwin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey dude, hows it goin? If you want to hang out, it is easy to meet up on saturdays at the atelier model session..... I plan on going there regularly again (i kinda fell out of the habit for a while there.) It tends to be pretty small and laid back anyway, so there's plenty of room and some good poses.

i'm diggin the latest work.... one crit on the character sketches you posted.... the lines all seem to have a similar importance and roundedness to them... the human body tends to have a lot of rounded forms, yes... but its easier to see structure and whatnot if you have some hard edged more boxy forms.... (bridgman simplifies this quite nicely, and even has a straight, curved, straight, curved rhythm explained in his books.) bengal uses the straight hard lines very well too- especially with his hands.

keep on puttin in the hard work!! all those hand studies will pay off

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, I need to practice. Thanks for reminding

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man...awesome stuff...really like the work from the drwing course book by Charles Bargue...I was looking into myself but I could only find new and used copies at amazon, lowest being 350 $.....I don't have that money yet but it certainly looks like its worth it...anyway keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff man. Some of the rendering on the last update make some things look a little flat, maybe follow the form a little more. Studies looking great.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice to see so many concepts, that trailer should be interesting.

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr.Blonde: Whats going on Blondie, thanks for stopping in my book. The workshop sounds like a plan, I would have made it this Saturday, but its finals next week. But after next week I should be seeing you at the workshop man. Keep doing what your doing man. Your work is a huge inspiration man.

~Faust~: Same here .

Gspot: Thanks man, yeah that book is awesome, after this semster of school I'll be drawing a lot from the book. I'm going to devote a lot of my summer to plate studies with a mixture of other things.

Shinryu: Thanks, yeah I need to work on that, since you posted last I've made a mental note. Thanks for the crit. I do have habbit of rendering flat sometimes. working on it.

Unbreakable: Its a work in progress, things are slowly coming together with the entire pipeline and story.

Felt like sharing something in my book, have more to post, but I've been busy working on final projects. I can't wait for next week to be over so I can work on my own projects. The summer couldn't get here sooner. More to come after next week. This is a prehistoric sea creature for a creature design class I'm in. first one started out as a sketch then I developed it further, the second one is a profile rendered version of it. I combined 2 11x 14 bristol boards to get the length fo the creature. crits and feedback are very welcomed.

Thanks for stopping by again

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You shading has gotten to a really great stage, congratulations on that!
    With the anatomy of the creature, however, I can not identify myself too much, unfortunately. I can not imagine seeing this creature move in the second picture. It looks very stiff and the backside flosk (Is that even the right word) indicates a horizontal movement whereas the whole body-structure indicates a vertical one. Also, the bump right above the flosk doesn't serve an apparent reason, on the contrary, it indicates a bone that would make the upside-down movement impossible. I can make a paintover if you don't mind:

Get your nitpick

With the 1st drawing, I think you exaggerated the spine of the creature too much. It is bent to an extend that I can not believe anymore. Also, the mouth looks rather strange. It is the first time I see a jaw formed like this, but you have obviously drawn more animals than me.

Good progress!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice going man - i like the two last post but this is definitely my favourite of the batch.
    it has the most undeveloped areas making what you did develop look more finished i guess. it's got great confidence too.

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Faust: Thanks for stopping in and critquing me man, really like what you have to say, about the pose, the drawing is suppose to be a profile study. Straight flat perspective. Earlier in the year I added motion and life to a drawing and she wouldn't shut up about how she wants a flat profile view of every creature we draw for each assignment. But I agree with you that drawing like this doesn't help me in bring these creatures to life, anyways thanks again Faust, I know I can count on you to crit my shite.

tensai: I thanks for the feedback man, I will take your observation into concideration when drawing. Keep doing what your doing man, I'm really feeling it!!

here is a digi paint over of the creature, I call it a Cetaphin. This was done in painter, its ok. Just have to keep growing in every direction. please crit and all that good stuff.

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    euhm wow. That creature is nicely renderd! Also the sketch of that creature is great!

I love the motion in your lines. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good work

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Epais: Thank you

Unbreakable:
    thanks man

Ok the semster is over and its time to really get to work. I have started back working out of the Charles Bargue book again now that I can work on my own projects. I will be updating more frequently Im hoping for at least every other day. Thanks for viewing everyone.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey darktwin, nice progress you have been making. Like the Cetaphin creature, great to see more color work from you. Not sure which I like better the line sketch or the color version. Both are great. Keep it up man.

Sketchbook

Pale Blue Dot

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man! nice to hear from you! Yeah, i graduate in like a month so hopefully I can find a steady job to go to everyday. I need to buy that charles bargue book now cause of you. Anywho, how's your spring goin? and what are you goin do soon?

I've been kind of a recluse lately, from everything really, I need to draw more but there aren't very many people that draw at my school, it's mostly 3D work. I've been doin as much as I can on my own but soon I'll be graduating and hopefully meeting more people that DRAW!!!

anyway, hope things are great later!

?)

sketchy poo(sketchbook)
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...87#post2014787

"I do not judge, I only chronicle"... sargent

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh man, schon wieder so viel verpasst!! Scheisse
    Your studies are sooo great, the overstyled fish (Mehrzahl)
    Also the character studies in #552 rock.

Zusammengefasst sau fette Arbeiten, jetzt wird "subscribed" sonst verpasse ich wieder so viel.

Edit: After subscibing I was thrown back to your first page. Man it's just awesome how you improved in the last two years - 5*

Last edited by kischi; May 22nd, 2007 at 08:07 PM.
    when you get to hell, tell them I sent you - you`ll get a group discount

My Sketchbook

kischisart.com
    available for freelance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the Bargue studies! And it's great that you didn't jump on the hard stuff and took your time to study each plate. YOU ARE ONE BUSY ARTIST and growing in each post!

Don't have any crit because in time you'll actually address that.
    Inspired me to finally try out the hand studies...for real this time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Darktwin when i saw the first page, i thouth "pffff".... but when i saw the 10th, i said Waaaawaaaweeeewwaaaaa.... your improvement is huge...
    I am begginer in drawing, so i want to find out some info about the book, so i looked at amazon, but they say that it cost $350.00 (used)- $465.00+ shipping , so i have to work for 2 months for it :/... is it worth?

(after 5h) i found out that this book is very rear, so thats why the price is so huge:/

my galery--->>> http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1276370

Last edited by NoiZzy_lt; May 26th, 2007 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow Darktwin , You are a source of inspiration! All those lovely sketches and studies! Comparing page 1 and 10 makes me want to draw a lot! Your progress is making me completely jealous.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like your use of hatching in your pencil drawings. They are very nice!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yautja892: Thanks man

minjarr: Congrats on graduating this year man, I hope everything works out for you. I have a year left before I'm done here at the academy. All is well, with no complaints.

kischi:Danke for stopping in.

Bard:Thanks man, yeah the Bargue studies are great, going to start the foot study today. along with other things. thanks for stopping in.

NoiZzy_lt:
    thanks for the encourgement, Yeah the Bargues book is really expensive through amazon, but I recently found out the book is much cheaper on budplant.com here yeah I wish I would have known about that. Oh well, still worth the price.

UПiT_22: Thanks for the feedback, lots more to come.

Shobunkin: Thanks, some times my hatching gets a little to flat, I have to always remind myself that when hatching follow the form of what I'm drawing to creat depth.

Thank you everyone for stopping in my sb. This summer will be a very intense summer of self modivation and growth. I'm now working on a schedule and creating goals for myself to meet. Lots of drawing, digital painting to come.

Recently I've been reading a lot and drawing inbetween breaks from reading. The book I'm reading now is "The Forgotten Soldier" by Guy Sajer, its an intense Memoir from Sajer's perspective as a German soldier on the Eastern Front (in Russia) during WWII. I'm kind of a history nut, espescially when it comes to military history. WWII is my favorite subject. This book is truely brutal in the realities of war on the eastern front. The conditions he and his comrades endured is one I can't even imagine. War is Hell, thats all I can say.
    I'm 3/4 done with the book, and planning on finishing within the day.

As for drawing. I've started doing some bridgemen studies and decided to study the entire bridgemen guide to drawing book. This is what I have thus far.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone here is another post of bridgeman quick studies, I should have posted these yesterday but feel ill. A freakin cold hits me in spring. Oh well, its typical here in San Francisco since we don't get a real summer, shouldn't complain though, it could always be worse.

That last image is a New York Cheese cake with a shortbread crust and topped with strawberries. Yes, I made this delicious dessert. Somtimes I like to get in the kitchen and test my Culinary art skills also, It didn't last long I took it around to a few of my neigbors in my building. everybody liked it so I'm happy to say it was a success. Just made another one today, its in the oven right now so we'll see how it turns out. Drawing and baking I guess thus far I guess.

Tomorrow night I'll be headed to NY, NY to visit friends and take part in a cast drawing workshop at the Grand Central Academy of Art. I'm excited because I've never been to New York City and the work shop should be a great learnign experience. I'll be sure to post my work when I get back.

Cheers

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Darktwin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great studies as always man, and that is a superb start to you digital skills.

mmmm, cheese cake..........

ahh, sorry i really can't think of any more to say, i just want to see MORE!
    will you post another pic of the second cheese cake?

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    He good idea with bridgman, I think he is the one for anatomy much better than hogarth. I also do bridgman but I have these small books. Taschenbuch

The studies look very good, I think you deserved that first piece of cake!!!

when you get to hell, tell them I sent you - you`ll get a group discount

My Sketchbook

kischisart.com
    available for freelance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Darktwin - I was glad that you stopped in and left a comment in my umm...sketchbook. It was definately nice for me to see your progression from page one, and from just a year ago...you give me hope. I couldnt agree more about your opinon that schools have crap for curriculums and tons of filler. Personal drive is huge. Keep posting please, and ill try to do the same. Oh, you convinced me to buy bridgeman. Hallelujah!

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1