Sketchbook: +more work+ s 8/22 - Page 19

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude thanks for stopping by my book.

Really dig what's happening here. Pencils are coming along great.
    Think your critters look great - very believable - but they feel too awkwardly stiff. Think this might be a by-product of drawing them in profile, but you might solve some of it you just let go of your pencil - don't worry about being tight when you start off, just loosely find the right pose and musculature. Remember opposing curves as you place both your gestural marks and the masses.

Not sure if that was of any help, if not then just ignore it all flat out.
    Overall kick ass book, 5* man.

ciao dude!

Brendan Noeth

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Darktwin, thanks for looking at my sketchbook! I'm having difficulty connecting to CA atm, but I'll be sure to go through your stuff man; 10 pages and 4 stars, I'm sure there's something I can learn from!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spats: Thanks you,

costas: Thanks man, More is definitely on the way!!

Call0ps: Thanks man, I think my loosness is something I've been getting away from in my animal drawings like a lot of people have pointed out. Its time to solidify my gesture in all my drawings!!

~Faust~: Wow, thanks for the lengthy crit man, your dead on with alot you stated. I think my animal drawings are stiff because I never really worked on a free flowing gesture, I was caught up in making sure the drawing was accurate rather than getting down a solid gesture. Will be working on that in the future drawings. Thanks for taking the time again faust to analyze my book.

Dile_:haha, thanks for stopping in Dile!!, I'm sure I'll be talking to you over IM. Cheers mate ^^.

Burning Eyes:
    Thanks man, I have to keep working, thats as that matters to me. .

pennington: That drawing is from my head, Yeah I really need to do a lot of fold studies. My folds are pretty week. I'm glad you got something out of the Ecrosche sculpt. Thanks for stopping in.

Yautja892:Thanks for the feedback, yeah dynamic poses are something I definitly need to work on. lots of progress in your book, keep at it.

panda: Yup, still need work on my facial structure, never can draw enough faces, thats for sure. Thanks for stopping in.

Brendan N: Your spot on Brendan, man!! Its a good feeling when people point out things that I see clearly. Thanks man

CouchPotato: I hope there is something you can learn from in this little book of mine. Thanks for stopping in.

Thanks everyone again for stopping in. Lots of great feedback!!, thats what I'm talking about!! Below are a mixture of Vilpuu sketches and loose head gestures from Lukavi, I love his line work, trying to learn something from them.

Also Aaron(Ashrumm) and I bought the Charles Bargue book off of Amazon last week, and we're beginning the Drawing course, going to really dive in during the summer, but I managed to do a few inital drawing studies from the beginning of the book to warm up. More to come from every angle. Digtal painting stuff on the way! Thanks for stopping in everyone!!

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
Wow, very nice studies ^^

5/5 haha don't have much to say! those are very clean Glad you got the book!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice anatomy studies!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sick anatomy studies there....Lines are crisp and clean, very nice..I might have to find that book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff you've got here man! I really like all the studies you're doing. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, looked for those Vilppu cards that you where talking about in your previous post couldn't find them. I would like to know what you think of that Charles Barque book once you have a chance to really give it a good run through. Oh, Great studies by the way!

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, thanks for the comments. I've got to say, from page 1 to page 9 you've come a helluva way in drawing. Congrats... I know how gratifying it can be. I'll be looking forward to seeing more.

GUILD OF CALAMITOUS INTENT
    - BohemianChaos - | - Jska -
    Check out our sexy sketchbooks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, whats up. I met you at the massive black workshop last winter. I just saw your name and it reminded me. Anyway, i'm just stoppin in to say whats up. You have a pretty sweet sketchbook, all those animal studies you've been doing recently are kicking ass. I'm definately going to start stopping by this sketchbook regularly. Anyway, here's a few pictures from the workshop:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dile: thanks man, you know what I've been up to since we talk on IM, I haven't had much time to do anymore of the drawing course book, will hit it hard when the semester is over, thats for sure.

Faust:
    Thanks Faust

Stark: Thanks, yeah I took a little bit of time doing these, really great practice. I already see changes happening in my regular drawing.

fantasyartist: Thanks I will always do studies, glad you like

Unbreakable: So far the book is great, I think its really going to help me understand form, value and all the stuff inbetween. Thanks for sharing.

BohemianChaos: Yeah I remember you from the workshop, I still have a ways to go, always trying to improve. The tablet is another challenge to add to the pile of other stuff.

ArtZealot: Yeah, thanks for posting the pictures, good times watching Andrew do his magic. Yeah likewise will be stopping by your sb also. Have a good one sir.

Below are some concepts I've been working on, feel free to crit before I begin the rendering. Also, some life drawing stuff with figures and what not. faces, mini update, thanks for viewing again.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • Wow, last two pages showing great improvement on faces and figures You getting pro-good man haha yeah i know what you've been up too ^^ great concepts, and you know what i pointed out on IM , keep the great work up!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Havent stopped by here in a long time. Looks like you have been studying hard and improving nicely. Keep it up dude.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome concepts and figures , yes the program i was using, at least for the milt studies, was painter. i love the vilpuu studies. i wanna get those. cards? thanks.

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Solid posts, not much to crit at all, maybe push the values a little more and play around with line variation a little more, but then maybe not.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The last batch of characters are coming along nicely. I would say watch your proportions, especially on the arms.

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well some crits from me, since you're here to hear some crits, don't you?

Whatever,
    concepts:

the anatomy is fine I guess or at least I can't point at obvious mistakes with my untrained eye. Well, now that I mention it, Her legs are way beyond what it accepted, man! For once, she does not seem to have an upper leg, and her legs are waaaaaaaaaay to long to be believable (the upper-legs that is).

linework:
    well it's always tough for me to judge lines but here I'd say your linework seems a bit random. I see you are variating the weight of the lines, but I can't see WHY you are doing that. Are you putting weights on the outlines and become tinner in the inwards? Are you playing with tiny details and add less weight to them than the bigger volumes? Are you distinguishing between describing of forms and the describing of texture or fabric? I don't think so. I think you should experiment with your weights and see how they lead the focus of the viewer to the different details. Haha, what nonesense am I brabbling! anyway, further:

perspective: in my opinion, you did not seem to incorporate perspective with your concepts. in This one it gets pretty opvious since I can see the upper side of the containing devices she has around her torso but I cannot see the upper part of her shoulders. Would that be incorporates within the FOV, than her legs would have been shown from another angle, etc, etc. Forgetting about perspective makes your image flat.

Weapons + clothing: You seem to aim for a deistinct clothing style for all of those concepts which is good. What is not so good imho is that in my view, they are not working. Since your characters carry weapons, I would think that they are warriors of some sort. Unfortunately, your designs do not communicate that aspect. His weapon, for instance, looks more like he is a lumberjack and not a fighter. [IMG]Her clothes[/IMG] are not fighting the time-frame. Why wearing clothing from a middle-age RPG when you are dealing with automatic firearms? What is the point of the wooden things on her legs? Makes her look more like a cosplayer than an adventurer.

posing: I don't really like the posing of the guy. He looks like he is dancing the nutcracker and not going on an adventure or defending the motherland. Speaking of which, the hanging MPs reminded me of some statues of sovjet partisans I saw in the moscow underground: example1, example2 (those are not my pictures, btw I always forget to bring my camera all the time ) Those are some kickass poses and gear to fight against those evil german invaders, man!

If you're planning to come to Russia in the near future, you should definately hang out and scetch some of the inspirational shit that is here, haha..

mhmhm on I go with the rest of the posting:
    Woman-faces: Their eyes are very big and the eye that's away from the viewer is always the smae size than the other, which I feel like, is wrong.

poses: Are they from reference? In any way, nice linework, but the shadow-contours you drew are not really helping the from. If you drew them through, you would see, that they are indeed very indefinate and are not adding very much.

In all those evil words, I forgot to tell you that I love your drawings and your continuous growing serves me as an inspiration! Take care Master!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Working hard still I see, good. Studies of the masters are a sure win, I need to do that more myself. Anyway, something that comes to mind looking at some of this later stuff. Line weight: sometimes you do a really nice job, but often I feel there is a need for a little more sensitivity, as the line weights don't feel like they have as much care as they should. Hopefully this makes sense.
    Movement: In the last couple concepts, as well as some of the earlier ones, though you have the characters in "moving" poses, they don't really feel alive to me. I suspect it has to do with the almost subconsious gestural aspect that strong drawings always possess. Also, the placement of the head is too upright, people rarely keep their necks very straight. I often will check in the mirror to see what is going on in the neck/head relationship in a given pose.
    I think the next step for you is to really work on making your drawings loose and dynamic, and to train yourself to draw on a more gestural level, and then bring them to a more finished state. Never stop working on strengthening your foundation
    Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for check out my sb guys I'm rushing, I have a meeting to get to in an hour. I have more to post, will do that later today and rely to your feedback. Here is a Zhaoming Wu study I did last night in painter, I spent 2.5 hours on it, I really like how broad Zhaoming brush strokes are, Going to do another tonight. This is my first experience with painter, I have to say I really like it a lot.

+more work+  s  8/22

cheers

Last edited by Darktwin; May 6th, 2007 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude. I'm blown away by your progress. Nice linear rhythms on the characters. How is that Charles Bargue book? Is it only pictures, or is there some sort of drawing method explained?

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dile_: Thanks Dile, More studies on the way, must never stop doing studies, there is always something to work on.

Smitherines: Thanks Smitherines, its been awhile man, check out your paintings are looking great as usual.

Orozc0: Thanks you

pennington: Cool, yeah I had to do a study in painter also. I'm really liking painter. Will be doing more portrait studies.

Bojee: That is a solid idea, I should be trying to push my line weight, varying lines would give more domention to my line drawing.

Unbreakable: Solid crit, I do tend to make the arms very long. Maybe its because I have long limbs, not sure, but its something I will work on. Thanks for stopping in.

~Faust~: What can I say Faust, thanks for taking the time man, really appreciate it.

John T: Thanks for the feedback man, I do need to work on my neck head relationship. Thanks for the tip.

Armando: To answer your question the first secton of the book explains the purpose of the book thats bacially an intro of the book, other than that, the book is all plates of cast drawings, lots and lots of cast drawing. Some images show process of how to approach the cast drawings from drawing angles to, rendering. Its a book I'm going to dive into this summer. I hope that helps, if you have anymore questions let me know.

Thanks again everyone for checking out my shite

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • Wow just wanted to leave some kind of feedback on the last one.. I can't think of any thing constructive to say though, maybe just refining the clothes and stuff.. haha GREAT WORK! I have to agree, your progress is inspiring!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is a great sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dile: Whats going on bro, yeah I really could refine it, but I'm moving on to other things, it was a great study.

Chanin: Thanks man, long way to go though

Ok here are some quick hand studies, loose and quick, and some figure stuff, thanks for stopping in and feel free to crit. Hands are so damn hard, Mentler you were so right about hands being challenge, the never ending battle continues,

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great studies, keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn you catched those hand-dynamics! What about certain types of hands? Can you distinguish between a workers hand and an artisan's hand? Between a woman and a child? Between a fat man and an old man? I bet you CAN! Always envy your sturdiness, man! Wish I'd be in your place, talent wise-

Last edited by ~Faust~; April 26th, 2007 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really like all the hand studies did really inspiring stuff.

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful, fluid figures and all those hands... wow. Keep us inspired, good work!

http://www.sakuhatakka.com/ - image portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    work looks nice. lots of improvement from the beginning of the sketchbook to now.

• Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1